C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New ZR1 Pics today with one off Michelin Snow Tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:31 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy casey
How is owning a REALLY GREAT car and driving the wheels off of it and enjoying it to the fullest "over extended on the payments and must use it because they cannot afford the proper wintertime vehicle"

On the flip side I can't understand anyone who buys these cars and parks them for 6 months because its cold outside and it might get snow on the car...

Proper tires for the situation is the key to a great handling vehicle, that goes for trucks, cars, suv's and tractors... So if you do not have snow tires on "your truck" my car will run circles around you... I had my 14 out in 5 degree weather and she ran and drove perfect just like GM built the car to do...

So please don't put us down to make yourself feel better because you can't drive your car for 6 months...

Here is a nice shot

Here is mine and a 2009 ZR1 both with All Season tires that we drive on all year long

Living here in no snow country I drive it any day I want less MAYBE the few days a year when it does snow and it is gone by afternoon.

So please don't tell me about parking the car.

If you live in the Midwest this last week
in 0 weather and below.
Weather with snow and solid ice it is just nuts to take the SUMMER car which the Corvette is!

The ZR1 doesn't belong out on ice and snow packed streets.
It will not beat my 4 drive doing anything in the snow period and IMO reflects poorly on the driver.

The Zr1 with snows would not make it across Wyoming on 1- 80 this time of year without being destroyed.
Actually it is very funny a guy would take the greatest summer sports car ever made by GM and destroy it with gravel pits on the carbon fiber hood and trim.
The weather in your picture is not froze out. Try some Midwest real winter weather with the summer toys! Use then would be the poorest choice ever in my book! Wet muddy boots and snow don't get in my Corvette's. Hard to wash them in below 32 as well.

Of course I keep my Corvette's pristine and very clean.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 12-28-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:18 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Hrejsa

I thought you would all like these new ZR1 pics I took tonight. Lots of exposed carbon fiber on this one. Really looks nice, but you gotta love Michelin snow tires on this car - luckily for now the roads are clear - but in Michigan you know the snow is going to come. I can't imagine driving this through the winter months up here, but that's what they are doing for testing.
If they would of just put this engine in a C-6, would of been awesome. Personally they carved the Vette up with all the angles, and just seems way to busy of a body style. Great and awesome car, but i would take a C6 ZR1 anyday instead.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,111 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6
If they would of just put this engine in a C-6, would of been awesome. Personally they carved the Vette up with all the angles, and just seems way to busy of a body style. Great and awesome car, but i would take a C6 ZR1 anyday instead.
Or you could just get one of these!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-29-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:51 AM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Hrejsa
We just use so much salt on the roads here in Michigan - that's why mine is going to stay parked. The salt destroys the underside of every vehicle I have every owned.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:20 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy casey
How is owning a REALLY GREAT car and driving the wheels off of it and enjoying it to the fullest "over extended on the payments and must use it because they cannot afford the proper wintertime vehicle"

On the flip side I can't understand anyone who buys these cars and parks them for 6 months because its cold outside and it might get snow on the car...

Proper tires for the situation is the key to a great handling vehicle, that goes for trucks, cars, suv's and tractors... So if you do not have snow tires on "your truck" my car will run circles around you... I had my 14 out in 5 degree weather and she ran and drove perfect just like GM built the car to do...

So please don't put us down to make yourself feel better because you can't drive your car for 6 months...

Here is a nice shot

Here is mine and a 2009 ZR1 both with All Season tires that we drive on all year long

Anytime on snow packed roads you want to race lets do it 4 wheels drive beats 2. I drive my cars all winter low point has been 25 and that was only a day or two.
Here's what happen's to Corvette's on ice!
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2018, 08:41 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Here's what happen's to Corvette's on ice!
No, that's what happens to any car on improper tires and a driver behind the wheel that doesn't know what he or she is doing. That could have been a Corvette or a Corolla.

It's the tires, man. That seems to be the simple point that's sailing right over your head. Repeatedly.
The following 2 users liked this post by jvp:
moncal90 (01-23-2018), Poor-sha (01-16-2018)

Quick Reply: New ZR1 Pics today with one off Michelin Snow Tires