C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Track records will fall with the ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Iker
Burning Brakes

Received 1,275 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
From the vir zr1 time vs the pre-updating calibration z06 (15 z06 vir time), the zr1 gains 1 second every 40 seconds. So that's about 11 seconds or almost 11 seconds over the ring. Rumour was z06 got under 7:10 at the Ring with Mero so zr1 should be some seconds below 7.
This is a rough estimation but I can tell you this is not the case
In Nurburgring there are many things you should consider
for example in the straight back street, the Z06 is having a lot of drags that slow the acceleration significantly
I can tell you in the straight back straight the ZR1 will gain 2-3 seconds over the Z06 at least.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Iker

This is a rough estimation but I can tell you this is not the case
In Nurburgring there are many things you should consider
for example in the straight back street, the Z06 is having a lot of drags that slow the acceleration significantly
I can tell you in the straight back straight the ZR1 will gain 2-3 seconds over the Z06 at least.
So maybe low to mid 6:50's? What would your prediction be?
Old 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM
theplatinumog
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by skank
I was told by a person that works at Laguna Seca that phase 1 of track improvements is now underway. They have been doing a lot of work already. Evidently a new bridge over the start-finish line is getting ready to start.
I was there last weekend. It looks the same. Will be there next weekend as well, will check again.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:28 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default And.....

Originally Posted by Achmed
From the vir zr1 time vs the pre-updating calibration z06 (15 z06 vir time), the zr1 gains 1 second every 40 seconds. So that's about 11 seconds or almost 11 seconds over the ring. Rumour was z06 got under 7:10 at the Ring with Mero so zr1 should be some seconds below 7.
That mysterious 7:10 was in the original car so why wouldn't the cooler recalibrated car be better? Limited aero aside it should be by at least a couple. It's really hard to say when the ZO6 would hit the wall there really hard (please excuse the pun), but, just know it would. It did seem to a bit by temps, I think before the new recalibration, on that final straight by Sports Auto. Recalibration probably would just have aggravated that tendency.
Exponentially increasing problems adding speed!
Using the Viper is at least closer in range and there was an actual completed serious attempt, but, Dodge clearly would have done better knowing more about its limitations. Again, this would have lowered the ZR1's calculated time! Let the ZR1's computer do that!
Interesting it would be if GM introduced that groundbreaking software finishing off the C7. That would be the ultimate buyer spoiler!
A bunch theoretically going on this year with all of this!

AND/BUT

3,800lb!?

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 02-27-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:34 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,156 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by theplatinumog
I was there last weekend. It looks the same. Will be there next weekend as well, will check again.
I was up there yesterday and talked to a gentleman that is on the Board Of Directors. I asked him about the progress and he told me they are switching out a lot of electrical infrastructure right now and also recontouring the runoff areas near the track. I then asked him when they are going to start on the bridge replacements and he kind of shrugged his shoulders and said within 6 months.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:49 AM
VooDooRob
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Laguna Seca Ends Sound Enforcement Regulations - Win Win for Motorcyclists!

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...motorcyclists/

You do realize this article was released April 1st

Quick Reply: Track records will fall with the ZR1