C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Premature status 3000 causes spaz-out

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:26 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Premature status 3000 causes spaz-out

I noticed some folks happily announcing that their orders had moved to 3000 status. This seemed odd to me since production is not scheduled til end of March.

Apparently GM pulled back on this, claiming the orders went to 3000 in error. All will be returning to 1100.

Having gone thru this process of tracking the order status with a CTSV and 2 Corvettes, I can appreciate the roller coaster this started. But Chuck at Corvettes 918 is a little bit over the top, claiming this is another snafu by GM in launching the 2019 ZR1. He is hoping his car will be coming soon. But I guess his is a low allocation dealer, and he could be in for a very long wait, regardless. But I do agree the error sucks.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Chuck aka Corvettes918

Cue up the scene from CARS with the stoner truck talking about gas

"Its all a conspiracy man! Its big government, they are out to get us.."

All You gotta look at, is his "good friend" & resource Rick "Im full of shat" Conti. That should tell you all you need to know.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:15 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Chuck aka Corvettes918

Cue up the scene from CARS with the stoner truck talking about gas

"Its all a conspiracy man! Its big government, they are out to get us.."

All You gotta look at, is his "good friend" & resource Rick "Im full of shat" Conti. That should tell you all you need to know.
Hey, go easy on Rick. The experience you describe with him is very UNLIKE him. I bought 2 cars from him and always had a very positive experience. At least two sides to every story.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 PM
*C7*
Melting Slicks

Received 388 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Buckle up guys and gals. It is going to be a bumpy ride.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:43 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by khoeysr
Hey, go easy on Rick. The experience you describe with him is very UNLIKE him. I bought 2 cars from him and always had a very positive experience. At least two sides to every story.
Don't tell me to go easy! Are you implying what I have said is ficticious?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:15 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Don't tell me to go easy! Are you implying what I have said is ficticious?
Hold on. All I said was that I have had two very positive experiences with Rick, and you are pounding him because of your bad experience, which I said was, IN MY OPINION, unlike him. I don't know anything about what happened. But I can read your comments.

We haven't heard from Rick and probably won't, because you can't win an argument on the internet.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:25 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by khoeysr
Hold on. All I said was that I have had two very positive experiences with Rick, and you are pounding him because of your bad experience, which I said was, IN MY OPINION, unlike him. I don't know anything about what happened. But I can read your comments.

We haven't heard from Rick and probably won't, because you can't win an argument on the internet.
If you can not win an argument over the internet then why did you chime in?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:18 PM
samgauto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

If you can not win an argument over the internet then why did you chime in?
We will all have to ''Hurry up and Wait'' as the saying goes. I went through this in late 2015 with my current 2016 CTS-V. My Cadillac dealer placed my order through GM Workbench but was never actually given an allocation. After 3 months waiting at status 1100, and numerous emails to Cadillac, one email I sent actually wound up being read by an upper executive at Cadillac who actually responded back to me. A few days after that email, my car went to code 3000 and I tool delivery in spring 2016. Half of the battle with these special cars and 'allocation issues' can be getting a dealer to admit they actually have allocation when they generously take your deposit. In my case, the Cadillac dealer told me he would get allocation, when he actually was not getting any allocation. I suppose more politely... he was 'hoping' to get allocation. The bottom line was, he did not sell enough base CTS models to qualify for a CTS-V allocation, but when my email got to the right channels... bingo. That being said, I presume most of us at this juncture have deposits with dealers who told us truthfully that they actually have allocation. If all works out, we should have our car's built somewhere between March 2018 and March 2019. Obviously, we all hope to get them ASAP, in the spring or the summer, but at the estimates of 200 per month production, compared to how many are actually preordered at this point...we'll see.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

The 3000 status recall is true. I was told this yesterday.

Get notified of new replies

To Premature status 3000 causes spaz-out

Quick Reply: Premature status 3000 causes spaz-out