C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Finally got my build date!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
Since the 7M is the same option code (MEK) as for the Z06 (they are not on constraint), nothing to do with the tranny itself. Best possibilities include final fuel mapping software, emissions and/or ECU calibrations, and/or final determination if it is possible to not have a fuel guzzler tax, or if so, how to minimize its financial penalty.
Are the ZR1 M7’s coming with CAGS? Do any dealers install the diode eliminator?
Old 02-04-2018, 08:03 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I think that person may be referring to a Grand Sport.

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Is that Feb or March 19th? I just saw someone else post about a Feb 18th TPW in another thread.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:48 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Can I request Mike Priest for my Engine and hope things speed along
I was lucky and had a 2 Mike Priest builds so far!
The following 2 users liked this post by 3 Z06ZR1:
DebRedZR1 (02-27-2018), mikelj (02-06-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

I had heard about 80% of all previous C7 Z06’s were A8’s. Read it somewhere. Not sure if that’s even correct info. Congrats on your car.
Depends on the year. When the Z06 was introduced for the 2015 model year, the production numbers were about 50% for the M7s. As the years progressed, those numbers settled in and hovered between 25-30% which is still well over the country average. The totality for the C7 Z06's existence is probably more on the line of 33%, or 1 out of 3.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:59 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Awesome!

-Josh
Old 02-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OVR60
I thought that PDK is the Porsche automatic and not a option on a ZR1. What is your definition of the ZR1 PDK since you are so knowledgable on this topic.
read the whole post and you will get your answer. Fyi in the future before trolling someone try and understand the whole thread. Enough said

Last edited by Livinlife; 02-06-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Seldoon
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Livinlife
Me decided to do Museum delivery this time. Hoping this will expedite the delivery process instead of the slow train from China. Sebring Orange package with ZTK. Cant wait the anticipation is killing me.
Let us know how that goes?!
Old 02-27-2018, 09:50 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Livinlife
Been hoping I get the build run in March car has been sitting ready for production for a week now. My Z06 sold already so i am Vetteless. Got the news it will be built the week of the 19th.

Me and the wife decided to do Museum delivery this time. Hoping this will expedite the delivery process instead of the slow train from China. Sebring Orange package with ZTK. Cant wait the anticipation is killing me.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Seldoon
Let us know how that goes?!
Will do. we are going to drive the Cherohala/Dragon Loop on the way back home. hope the weather cooperates.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:33 PM
SLBelt
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 45 Posts

Livinlife, I have the same TPW as you and also want to hit the Dragon on the way home. Maybe we'll be at the museum at the same time. I'm triple black, ZTK, A8.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:44 PM
jc-zr1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Got my ZR1 Build Date Too

I did the Engine Build Experience on Friday and got lucky. It was the first LT5 Engine Build and the first of any build since last June when they shut everything down. It's been on my bucket list for a while and for me, worth every dime. With two shifts, they were only building LT5's on Friday and production was expected to be 25 engines for the entire day. The staff at the Museum and the Performance Build Center were just awesome. There is incredible pride and passion about what they do and it really made my day. I would absolutely recommend this if you have the opportunity. Not cheap but crazy cool.
My car is scheduled for being built next week on March 15.
Doing the Museum delivery also, never done anything like that either. Ordered Black on Black Convertible, A8, ZTK, Blue Stitching, etc.
By the way, pictures of the carbon fiber engine cover do not do it justice. It's like a piece of art in person.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Ron Wayne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats
Old 03-05-2018, 04:57 PM
goshendad
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jc-zr1
I did the Engine Build Experience on Friday and got lucky. It was the first LT5 Engine Build and the first of any build since last June when they shut everything down. It's been on my bucket list for a while and for me, worth every dime. With two shifts, they were only building LT5's on Friday and production was expected to be 25 engines for the entire day. The staff at the Museum and the Performance Build Center were just awesome. There is incredible pride and passion about what they do and it really made my day. I would absolutely recommend this if you have the opportunity. Not cheap but crazy cool.
Doing the Museum delivery also, never done anything like that either. Ordered Black on Black Convertible, A8, ZTK, Blue Stitching, etc.
By the way, pictures of the carbon fiber engine cover do not do it justice. It's like a piece of art in person.
That is awesome congratulations! I was originally scheduled to build mine March 1 but, ordering a manual, they told me it would be delayed. Scheduled to build engine April 5th. Sounds awesome.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:57 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Finally got my build date

I also have been sequenced with build week of 3/12.....H
Also if anybody looking for a 2018 Ceramic Matrix Grey -auto ZO6 Convertible with 2000 miles- it will be on Market- all options NO ZO7 but Ceramic Brakes... Interior Black red stich and paddles ...
Car curently in Florida ..
Old 03-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Bob U
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 206 Posts

That's awesome!
Do you have any pictures and did you learn anything new about the LT5?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Rob P
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How long for delivery after build date?
Old 03-08-2018, 01:22 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

Congrats and I bet that was an awesome experience.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 PM
jc-zr1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Engine Build Experience

Originally Posted by goshendad
That is awesome congratulations! I was originally scheduled to build mine March 1 but, ordering a manual, they told me it would be delayed. Scheduled to build engine April 5th. Sounds awesome.
I was wondering why I was the first engine build since they had offered me either March 1 or 2? You will have a blast and have Engine Line # 1 all to yourself with Engine Line #2 building all the other engines right next to you. Engine Line #3 is walled off for "construction". My guess is that it is being reconfigured for a new engine, probably for the C8? They are very protective of where you can and can't go! However, the staff is really awesome about making sure this is your day. They only allow one engine build a day so it is all yours. Congrats and hope you have a great time!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SLBelt
Livinlife, I have the same TPW as you and also want to hit the Dragon on the way home. Maybe we'll be at the museum at the same time. I'm triple black, ZTK, A8.
It would be something great to hook up with a fellow Vette Lover in the mountains. especially another ZR1 would make for some great Pictures. Ill keep you posted on our estimated pick up date.

Talked to the museum yesterday and they said it is normally 2 weeks after build when it is ready for pick up. They did mention the possibility of QC hold on the vehicles pushing it out another week. we'll see. the anticipation is real!

Quick Reply: Finally got my build date!!