C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Livinlife
they can take the same class only difference is ZR1 owners will drive ZR1s and everyone else will drive Z51 or base C7. Its still the same class just a different car.

Stage one class ZR1 owners will still drive base C7s for the skid pad drills. Regardless it is a blast no doubt.

Looking forward to going back for trip#5 letting the wife take the ZR1 seat. She has earned it.
From what Spring Mountain is saying the ZR1's will be its own class with no other models intermingled as they just want to focus on the ZR1.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Easy Money
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by socalspringmountain
Hi!
the curriculum is being finalized/worked out, and will be different than the COS program...
We are aware that quite a few of you have done the COS a couple of times, as well as one of the other levels with us or elsewhere. We'd like to focus more on this specific model for this program, and getting more track time too! As always, we'll work hard to group people accordingly within the school, to try and maximize the time spent in the car.
Once we have more details, I'll share!
Oh, and don't hesitate to call us here and/or email (me or the sales staff) with any suggestions, as we welcome any feedback!
thanks to those who have posted here already about what you'd like to see!
Very cool..... I will most certainly be returning for this new course and am looking forward to it, will make a road trip out of it.... driving from Nebraska to Vegas in my vintage 2015 Z06

Great people and a well organized program. Just wish I could retain just half of what is taught.

See you this summer.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:38 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Money
Very cool..... I will most certainly be returning for this new course and am looking forward to it, will make a road trip out of it.... driving from Nebraska to Vegas in my vintage 2015 Z06

Great people and a well organized program. Just wish I could retain just half of what is taught.

See you this summer.
nice!
lol, vintage...

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

The following users liked this post:
Easy Money (03-21-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:57 PM
Never Settle
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah
From what Spring Mountain is saying the ZR1's will be its own class with no other models intermingled as they just want to focus on the ZR1.
makes sense.. cant have new ZR1 owners getting dusted by Stingrays, GSs, or Z06s in the same course now can we?? the butt hurt would be strong.. j/k.

I say mix em, it would be fun to do the instructor ride in one!!

Last edited by Never Settle; 03-27-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Never Settle
makes sense.. cant have new ZR1 owners getting dusted by Stingrays, GSs, or Z06s in the same course now can we?? the butt hurt would be strong.. j/k.

I say mix em, it would be fun to do the instructor ride in one!!
I’m glad they’re creating a new AND separate course for the ZR1’s. The purpose for these Spring Mountain courses is to learn and improve each individual’s skill level... not to “dust” the other students and play testosterone games.

If you want an instructor ride along in the ZR1 then buy one and attend the course
Old 03-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Never Settle
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Questar
I’m glad they’re creating a new AND separate course for the ZR1’s. The purpose for these Spring Mountain courses is to learn and improve each individual’s skill level... not to “dust” the other students and play testosterone games.

If you want an instructor ride along in the ZR1 then buy one and attend the course
oh but of course!

Curious, when the Z06 came out did they have a separate class for them?

i mean I get it, this is the new king we’re talking about.. but just curious if the old king (Z06) had similar treatment?
Old 03-27-2018, 11:20 PM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Never Settle

oh but of course!

Curious, when the Z06 came out did they have a separate class for them?

i mean I get it, this is the new king we’re talking about.. but just curious if the old king (Z06) had similar treatment?
No... but the “course” was a basic 2 day owners school.

I believe the old C6 ZR1 course was a separate school only for ZR1’s.

From what we are hearing the ZR1 course is NOT the same course as the Stingray/Z06 Corvette Owners School.

Because the expectation is that a high percentage of ZR1 purchasers will have already attended the COS at Spring Mountain so this course will be different... hopefully more advanced.

I’ve attended a number of the different courses (COS, Level 1 three day), Level 2, Cadillac CTS-V Performance Academy, and several private days... so taking another basic “Owners School” class isn’t of much interest. My last Z06 COS Owners School was a snorefest.

Last edited by Questar; 03-27-2018 at 11:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Never Settle (03-28-2018)

Quick Reply: New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain