C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Easy Money
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain

Just learned Spring Mountain to receive their ZR-1 supply of track cars in April.
The following 2 users liked this post by Easy Money:
DebRedZR1 (03-10-2018), Never Settle (03-27-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 11:00 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

oh my!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:34 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 587 Likes on 518 Posts

Oh man...

-Josh
Old 03-10-2018, 08:18 AM
jc-zr1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's great news, was hoping that wasn't going to be delayed. Can't wait to go do that. My wife actually wants to do it also so I inquired about paying for her slot since mine is free. Haven't heard back? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Bob U
Drifting

Received 264 Likes on 206 Posts

That's awesome!

Last edited by Bob U; 03-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Easy Money
Advanced

Originally Posted by jc-zr1
That's great news, was hoping that wasn't going to be delayed. Can't wait to go do that. My wife actually wants to do it also so I inquired about paying for her slot since mine is free. Haven't heard back? Thanks.
Right on, right on right on....Last time I was there the wife could come too for free and ride with one of the instructors some laps on the track I thought.

After returning home I was chastised by the boss for not asking her to come with
Old 03-10-2018, 10:48 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

My wife actually wants to do it also so I inquired about paying for her slot since mine is free. Haven't heard back? Thanks.
Things may be different for the C7 ZR1 but if I recall correctly, only ZR1 owners could participate in the C6 ZR1 driving school at Spring Mountain. In other words, you could not just simply pay for the ZR1 course. The cars were all owned by GM and were specifically reserved for those that bought new ZR1's. Like I said, it may be different now.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

Things may be different for the C7 ZR1 but if I recall correctly, only ZR1 owners could participate in the C6 ZR1 driving school at Spring Mountain. In other words, you could not just simply pay for the ZR1 course. The cars were all owned by GM and were specifically reserved for those that bought new ZR1's. Like I said, it may be different now.
I bet you’re right, 09Z06pj.

Last edited by Vernon; 03-10-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:28 AM
salcolkat
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

I just went in January for my ZO6 and wanted to have my son do the Corvette drivers school with me. They said that was fine. I think the regular price was $3,600.00 but they said a family member could accompany you in the school at a discounted rate. The family member also had a choice of Z51, GS, or ZO6. I believe the Z51 was $1,000.00 cheaper.
The following users liked this post:
jc-zr1 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Money
Just learned Spring Mountain to receive their ZR-1 supply of track cars in April.
that's correct!
as of now, only ZR1 owners will be able to take the course, as it will be exclusively using the ZR1..if you bring someone with you, as a guest, they'll be allowed to be with you in the class room, and possibly for a ride a long with the instructor.
if you want the guest to take a driving course, some of the dates will overlap with a COS school, so that can possibly work out...we also offer private instruction, where it's one on one with one of our coaches!
call our sales staff here at the track to get further details/options.
cheers!

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

The following 4 users liked this post by socalspringmountain:
D'ZR1 Messiah (03-12-2018), DebRedZR1 (03-12-2018), HTXSkydiver (03-12-2018), jc-zr1 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by socalspringmountain
that's correct!
as of now, only ZR1 owners will be able to take the course, as it will be exclusively using the ZR1..if you bring someone with you, as a guest, they'll be allowed to be with you in the class room, and possibly for a ride a long with the instructor.
if you want the guest to take a driving course, some of the dates will overlap with a COS school, so that can possibly work out...we also offer private instruction, where it's one on one with one of our coaches!
cheers!
Thanks for the info Victor! How many ZR1s are you guys getting and when will sign up be open?
Old 03-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Easy Money
Advanced

that's correct!
cheers!
Very Groovy

Will be another wild time!! plus learn about all the new electronic track
functions.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:42 PM
8SPD Z51
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver
Thanks for the info Victor! How many ZR1s are you guys getting and when will sign up be open?
Definitely won't be able to book till you can provide them with your new ZR1 vin. (and obviously Spring Mountain getting their new ZR1's broken in)
Old 03-12-2018, 05:29 PM
socalspringmountain

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver
Hi!
not a problem...at this time, things are not quite finalized, with the fleet. But we are looking at running max 12 students in each class. So probably get around 16 cars...Yes, you'll need to have a vin first...

as for the break in miles...we will be posting about that "journey" soon!
think "cannonball run"
The following users liked this post:
D'ZR1 Messiah (03-12-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 35 Posts

that's correct!
cheers!
they can take the same class only difference is ZR1 owners will drive ZR1s and everyone else will drive Z51 or base C7. Its still the same class just a different car.

Stage one class ZR1 owners will still drive base C7s for the skid pad drills. Regardless it is a blast no doubt.

Looking forward to going back for trip#5 letting the wife take the ZR1 seat. She has earned it.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

If you've already been through the SM level 1 and level 2 classes is there an uplevel ZR1 option? Something like the level 2 class where you have more track time in the ZR1 would be great.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
If you've already been through the SM level 1 and level 2 classes is there an uplevel ZR1 option? Something like the level 2 class where you have more track time in the ZR1 would be great.
from my past experiences they only use the ZR1s for Stage 1. A lot of this is due to limited quantity of cars and the time spent on track in advance classes.

Last edited by Livinlife; 03-18-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain

Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

In terms of timing, every new Corvette is street broken in by Spring Mountain staff for 1,500 miles before it is put on the track.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I’m with you Poor-sha... having done multiple COS, Level 1, Level 2 and private sessions at Spring Mountain I’d like to see an “advanced” ZR1 course for those owners who have already done the Stingray and Z06 Corvette Owners School.

Frankly doing the COS again using a ZR1 isn’t of much interest... I’ve repeatedly done the skid course, ABS breaking, figure 8, etc.. There needs to be something for those of us that want to spend time learning this new car, not just repeating those basic intro lessons.

Time on track... instructor follow and coaching... classroom instruction on differences of the new car... that sort of thing.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:13 AM
socalspringmountain

Originally Posted by Questar
I’m with you Poor-sha... having done multiple COS, Level 1, Level 2 and private sessions at Spring Mountain I’d like to see an “advanced” ZR1 course for those owners who have already done the Stingray and Z06 Corvette Owners School.

Frankly doing the COS again using a ZR1 isn’t of much interest... I’ve repeatedly done the skid course, ABS breaking, figure 8, etc.. There needs to be something for those of us that want to spend time learning this new car, not just repeating those basic intro lessons.

Time on track... instructor follow and coaching... classroom instruction on differences of the new car... that sort of thing.
Hi!
the curriculum is being finalized/worked out, and will be different than the COS program...
We are aware that quite a few of you have done the COS a couple of times, as well as one of the other levels with us or elsewhere. We'd like to focus more on this specific model for this program, and getting more track time too! As always, we'll work hard to group people accordingly within the school, to try and maximize the time spent in the car.
Once we have more details, I'll share!
Oh, and don't hesitate to call us here and/or email (me or the sales staff) with any suggestions, as we welcome any feedback!
thanks to those who have posted here already about what you'd like to see!
The following 3 users liked this post by socalspringmountain:
BEZ06 (03-19-2018), Poor-sha (03-19-2018), Questar (03-19-2018)

Quick Reply: New ZR1 Program Spring Mountain