C7 ZR1 April Nurburgring Testing - Page 12 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

C7 ZR1 April Nurburgring Testing

Old 04-21-2018, 06:21 PM
keagan
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
Man! what a day. The bad news keep coming...

Porsche's head of powertrain accused of colluding with Chevrolet at the Nurburing.

According to AP Routers an ever so diligent stop-watcher has come forth with damming evidence that not all is as it seems at the Nurburing. Equipped with a special transparent material detector camera and puzzled by the strange and never occuring possibility of two competitors brands attempting record runs at the same time...the unidentified onlooker captured the moment of truth for the world to see:

Joerg Kerner, head of Porsche's powertrain development and track results marketing confessed during police apprehension related to previous misdeeds: brutal competition pushed me to it!! and Tadge needed more free time at the track...it seemed like a win-win ...at the time...

What da hell is this?? I'm confused, what did he do?? All sources saying its over the emissions.

Last edited by keagan; 04-21-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Achmed
CF Senior Member

Porsche's head of powertrain accused of colluding with Chevrolet at the Nurburing.

According to AP Routers an ever so diligent stop-watcher has come forth with damming evidence that not all is as it seems at the Nurburing. Equipped with a special transparent material detector camera and puzzled by the strange and never occuring possibility of two competitors brands attempting record runs at the same time...the unidentified onlooker captured the moment of truth for the world to see:

Joerg Kerner, head of Porsche's powertrain development and track results marketing confessed during police apprehension related to previous misdeeds: brutal competition pushed me to it!! and Tadge needed more free time at the track...it seemed like a win-win ...at the time...
lmfao!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:07 PM
PRE-Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by keagan View Post
What da hell is this?? I'm confused, what did he do?? All sources saying its over the emissions.
Believe the black line is supposed to be a towstrap
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PRE-Z06 For This Useful Post:
JMB (04-21-2018), keagan (04-21-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 08:24 PM
AC SATCO

Monticello today Some guy was running a Z06 Hard. This is what his ceramic brakes look like. Unreal they let him out with the brakes in this condition. Name:  photo641.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  1,001.9 KB
Old 04-21-2018, 08:26 PM
keagan
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06 View Post
Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Achmed
CF Senior Member

It's on good authority that the Actual ring time was not 7:12 but 12:07
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Achmed For This Useful Post:
AZ Car Guy (04-21-2018), Telepierre (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 12:37 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

No the Camaro's properly aligned, and slated to do the deed!

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/camaro-supercar-a-no-brainer-says-team-owner-1028115/

The FE Vette just can't compete and pull those bucks.
The Camaro's got the Mustang!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-22-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:31 AM
kingpin111
CF Senior Member

Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 AM
Livinlife
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Great standard view of the piece of Porsche------ in the rear view mirror
Old 04-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Livinlife
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06 View Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,647 Times in 698 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO View Post
Monticello today Some guy was running a Z06 Hard. This is what his ceramic brakes look like. Unreal they let him out with the brakes in this condition. Attachment 48276696
Yup, not enough cooling or thermal capacity in the Z07 CCBs. I plan to run the first set to the ground on my ZR1 to see how much improvement there is, then I'll put the AP Racing kit back on.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:13 AM
AZ Car Guy

Originally Posted by Poor-sha View Post
Yup, not enough cooling or thermal capacity in the Z07 CCBs. I plan to run the first set to the ground on my ZR1 to see how much improvement there is, then I'll put the AP Racing kit back on.
are the ceramics on the Z07 and ZR1 the same?

very interested to see your findings.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM
supermetroid
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Newton06 View Post
It is both comical & sad, that this thread, will likely reach 30+ pages with grown men (and in some cases women) wetting their pants over little more than unsubstantiated noise.

Are we as Corvette owners really that fragile of a species?

Apparently so.

Who gives a flying f*ck what the ZR1 turns at Nordschleife?

Less than what, 3% of Vette owners ever put their cars on a road course in the first place, so this is little more than internet & cars & coffee foppishness.

Worse than gossipy old ladies...

Meanwhile, I had a blast at Dominion's Instructor Refresh last weekend and open track day on Sunday. Great people, and a great venue!

These threads are easy to avoid for anyone, but they're the most fun to read for me compared to all the other mostly cosmetic ones, even if it's speculation. And competition is the ultimate driver of innovation and improvement. If there wasn't competition between companies we'd probably have a 300 hp top of the line Corvette with crappy aero right now.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:37 AM
vrybad
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Livinlife View Post
Great standard view of the piece of Porsche------ in the rear view mirror
Correct, since the Porsche is up one lap and about to be 2 laps up after it drives around the ZR1.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vrybad View Post
Correct, since the Porsche is up one lap and about to be 2 laps up after it drives around the ZR1.

After watching the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring, I think you aren't too far from the truth. We will see in June at LeMans.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,647 Times in 698 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Car Guy View Post

are the ceramics on the Z07 and ZR1 the same?

very interested to see your findings.
Supposedly the composition of the rotors and pads on the ZR1 are different and designed to better handle high temps. The brake cooling is also different but I'm not clear how much better it is. I guess we'll see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 ZR1 April Nurburgring Testing

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: