C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C7 ZR1 April Nurburgring Testing

Old 04-21-2018, 06:21 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by Telepierre
Man! what a day. The bad news keep coming...

Porsche's head of powertrain accused of colluding with Chevrolet at the Nurburing.

According to AP Routers an ever so diligent stop-watcher has come forth with damming evidence that not all is as it seems at the Nurburing. Equipped with a special transparent material detector camera and puzzled by the strange and never occuring possibility of two competitors brands attempting record runs at the same time...the unidentified onlooker captured the moment of truth for the world to see:

Joerg Kerner, head of Porsche's powertrain development and track results marketing confessed during police apprehension related to previous misdeeds: brutal competition pushed me to it!! and Tadge needed more free time at the track...it seemed like a win-win ...at the time...

What da hell is this?? I'm confused, what did he do?? All sources saying its over the emissions.

Last edited by keagan; 04-21-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Porsche's head of powertrain accused of colluding with Chevrolet at the Nurburing.

According to AP Routers an ever so diligent stop-watcher has come forth with damming evidence that not all is as it seems at the Nurburing. Equipped with a special transparent material detector camera and puzzled by the strange and never occuring possibility of two competitors brands attempting record runs at the same time...the unidentified onlooker captured the moment of truth for the world to see:

Joerg Kerner, head of Porsche's powertrain development and track results marketing confessed during police apprehension related to previous misdeeds: brutal competition pushed me to it!! and Tadge needed more free time at the track...it seemed like a win-win ...at the time...
lmfao!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:07 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,300 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan
What da hell is this?? I'm confused, what did he do?? All sources saying its over the emissions.
Believe the black line is supposed to be a towstrap
The following 2 users liked this post by PRE-Z06:
JMB (04-21-2018), keagan (04-21-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 08:24 PM
AC SATCO
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Monticello today Some guy was running a Z06 Hard. This is what his ceramic brakes look like. Unreal they let him out with the brakes in this condition. Name:  photo641.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  1,001.9 KB
Old 04-21-2018, 08:26 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

It's on good authority that the Actual ring time was not 7:12 but 12:07
The following 2 users liked this post by Achmed:
AZ Car Guy (04-21-2018), Telepierre (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 12:37 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts

No the Camaro's properly aligned, and slated to do the deed!

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/camaro-supercar-a-no-brainer-says-team-owner-1028115/

The FE Vette just can't compete and pull those bucks.
The Camaro's got the Mustang!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-22-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:31 AM
kingpin111
Race Director

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts

Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 AM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 35 Posts

Great standard view of the piece of Porsche------ in the rear view mirror
Old 04-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Livinlife
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Old 04-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Monticello today Some guy was running a Z06 Hard. This is what his ceramic brakes look like. Unreal they let him out with the brakes in this condition. Attachment 48276696
Yup, not enough cooling or thermal capacity in the Z07 CCBs. I plan to run the first set to the ground on my ZR1 to see how much improvement there is, then I'll put the AP Racing kit back on.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:13 AM
AZ Car Guy
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Yup, not enough cooling or thermal capacity in the Z07 CCBs. I plan to run the first set to the ground on my ZR1 to see how much improvement there is, then I'll put the AP Racing kit back on.
are the ceramics on the Z07 and ZR1 the same?

very interested to see your findings.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:40 AM
supermetroid
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Newton06
It is both comical & sad, that this thread, will likely reach 30+ pages with grown men (and in some cases women) wetting their pants over little more than unsubstantiated noise.

Are we as Corvette owners really that fragile of a species?

Apparently so.

Who gives a flying f*ck what the ZR1 turns at Nordschleife?

Less than what, 3% of Vette owners ever put their cars on a road course in the first place, so this is little more than internet & cars & coffee foppishness.

Worse than gossipy old ladies...

Meanwhile, I had a blast at Dominion's Instructor Refresh last weekend and open track day on Sunday. Great people, and a great venue!

These threads are easy to avoid for anyone, but they're the most fun to read for me compared to all the other mostly cosmetic ones, even if it's speculation. And competition is the ultimate driver of innovation and improvement. If there wasn't competition between companies we'd probably have a 300 hp top of the line Corvette with crappy aero right now.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:37 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Livinlife
Great standard view of the piece of Porsche------ in the rear view mirror
Correct, since the Porsche is up one lap and about to be 2 laps up after it drives around the ZR1.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad
Correct, since the Porsche is up one lap and about to be 2 laps up after it drives around the ZR1.

After watching the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 hours of Sebring, I think you aren't too far from the truth. We will see in June at LeMans.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Car Guy

are the ceramics on the Z07 and ZR1 the same?

very interested to see your findings.
Supposedly the composition of the rotors and pads on the ZR1 are different and designed to better handle high temps. The brake cooling is also different but I'm not clear how much better it is. I guess we'll see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 ZR1 April Nurburgring Testing