C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

The mystery gray. The king is dead, long live the king?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

I made a layup of code GJI. This includes the new Buick and Caddy models, the original release puck from The Bash, GM's official color illustration, my modification of the GM website illustration, and the ZR1 that was a "hybrid color" between WGG and GJI shown at the LA Auto show last year.

GJI is very dynamic, like WGG, and shifts hue and value considerably in highlight and shadow. So I thought this layup would help people understand the color better by seeing it in different lighting conditions and on different shapes. And it's easier to compare the pics when you don't have to switch tabs or scroll.

Last edited by Palantirion; 08-02-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:27 AM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts

Just got the car home today. GJI color is very dependent on the angle of the light hitting it. It's really beautiful. More pics will come later.

Don't know why this one is sideways. It isn't, on my HDD.

Let me tell you that taking delivery on SoCal roads in the rain with track tires is.....well lets just say I'm glad I have a lot of wet track experience, lol. Then the clouds broke and...

Last edited by Palantirion; 02-11-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quick Reply: The mystery gray. The king is dead, long live the king?