ZR1 vs Demon - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR1 vs Demon

Old 04-25-2018, 01:27 AM
  #1  
Detoxx03
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,664
Thanked 134 Times in 117 Posts
Default ZR1 vs Demon

I know some of you like to rag on the creator of the because itís the trendy thing to do but heís putting in work and actually using his car which I love. Another Demon goes down and the ZR1 even with all of the downforce is proving to be a lot faster than advertised.

Detoxx03 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Detoxx03 For This Useful Post:
3 Z06ZR1 (04-25-2018), furiousox (04-25-2018), JerriVette (04-25-2018), Xanthophyll (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 02:13 AM
  #2  
stanklr
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Posts: 507
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Nice video.. ZR1 keeps on impressing

But to be honest those races were very short, I would assume from 40-130 at most, race them longer and the Demon might catch up or maybe pull up top.

I'm saying this based on Z06 (Z07 package) vs Hellcat, the Corvette will be ahead till 150mph then the hellcat will pull up top... the too much downforce on C7s can kill them up top.
stanklr is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 03:10 AM
  #3  
Detoxx03
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,664
Thanked 134 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Yeah from all of the videos out the Demon’s don’t seem to pull up top at all so I doubt it.
Detoxx03 is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 AM
  #4  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 842 Times in 699 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stanklr View Post
Nice video.. ZR1 keeps on impressing

But to be honest those races were very short, I would assume from 40-130 at most, race them longer and the Demon might catch up or maybe pull up top.

I'm saying this based on Z06 (Z07 package) vs Hellcat, the Corvette will be ahead till 150mph then the hellcat will pull up top... the too much downforce on C7s can kill them up top.
The races were short because once the ZR1 was pulling the Demon the Demon gave up. Only while things were tight did the Demon stay in the race. Nice job with ZR1 hoping to see a Demon or something else soon while I drive 1550 miles in next few days!
Nice job on the vids and thanks from the vids.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 AM
  #5  
CFHay
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Posts: 856
Thanked 95 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I don't think I have seen a video of a Demon winning a race yet.
CFHay is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:40 AM
  #6  
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Huntingdon Valley Pa
Posts: 18,548
Thanked 289 Times in 235 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stanklr View Post
Nice video.. ZR1 keeps on impressing

But to be honest those races were very short, I would assume from 40-130 at most, race them longer and the Demon might catch up or maybe pull up top.

I'm saying this based on Z06 (Z07 package) vs Hellcat, the Corvette will be ahead till 150mph then the hellcat will pull up top... the too much downforce on C7s can kill them up top.
I get to race them against each other all the time, it depends on what speed you go at, as to which car will win

hcvone is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hcvone For This Useful Post:
JerriVette (04-25-2018), topspeedPT (04-30-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 08:43 AM
  #7  
JerriVette
CF Senior Member
 
JerriVette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Bergen county NJ
Posts: 10,432
Thanked 752 Times in 552 Posts
Default

Both awesome vehicles although being a corvette owner on corvette forum does make the videos where the corvette wins a little more popular here..

I'm sure on the demon site they have videos where the demon wins...

At these capabilities both of these vehicles are amazing accomplishments

Having both is even cooler...lol congrats! And thanks for the good insight
JerriVette is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
  #8  
RJ-92
CF Senior Member
 
RJ-92's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 12,375
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

ZR1 a good bit lighter and more slippery.

Looks like Chevy may have been sandbagging the #s on that LT5. Makes me wonder if there isn't something to the 100-Octane rumors.
RJ-92 is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM
  #9  
Judgment Day
CF Senior Member
 
Judgment Day's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Saint Clair Shores Michigan
Posts: 489
Thanked 78 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RJ-92 View Post
Looks like Chevy may have been sandbagging the #s on that LT5. Makes me wonder if there isn't something to the 100-Octane rumors.
This could be some truth to that. On the other end of the spectrum...

Originally Posted by CFHay View Post
I don't think I have seen a video of a Demon winning a race yet.
I think the Demon was advertised on what it potentially can do based on numerous conditionals versus what it's natively capable of. I believe GuitarmageddonZL1 brought up some points about this awhile back in a YouTube vid. The Demon is still nothing to sneeze at.
Judgment Day is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:03 PM
  #10  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Ben@WeaponX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Cin City
Posts: 4,509
Thanked 359 Times in 255 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default

I have a track rental on Sunday with my ZR1 and a Dodge Demon client is supposed to be there as well. Stay tuned
__________________

Special FORUM MEMBER PRICING from CORVETTE'S #1 FORGED WHEEL DEALER!!

FORGELINE * HRE * PUR * ANRKY * 360Forged * ADV1 * Weld * CCW & more

Check out our Performance Parts & Packages too!

www.WEAPONXmotorsports.com




2019 ZR1 - [email protected] MPH (1st & ONLY in the 9s!)
2020 C8 order #6
2017 Camaro ZL1 A10 - Compound Boost 1200 WHP
Ben@WeaponX is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
WzUpDoc (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 12:10 PM
  #11  
Can'tHave2MuchHP
CF Senior Member
 
Can'tHave2MuchHP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Grosse Pointe Michigan
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 126 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Well proven now that these Demons are not that much faster than a Hellcat. Especially from a roll, the differences are very small. So far, Intake + tune A10 ZL1 has beaten it, several different exotics, and now a C7 ZR1. The LT5 isn't underrated, it put down 668 RWHP through an M7, that's bullseye on for 755 crank HP from a Dynojet. The Demon's are just not that fast. I've completely 100% dismissed the manufacturer claims for the Demon and am ONLY going off of what owners are producing with these. So far, I haven't seen them do ANYTHING impressive. 2.3 second 0-60 and 9.6 1/4 mile? Yeah right. Also, seems that 99% of the owners are still on the 91/93 "808 HP" setup, and they're getting destroyed. Dodge claims a 32 HP crank HP gain with 100 octane. I think these things are running more like 750 HP or less on the stock 91/93 tune, and maybe they're getting close to 840 HP on a 100 octane but they definitely over-blew the 808 HP on pump numbers. They're losing to everything left and right. All that the SRT fan boys can say is "Oh do it from a roll" "Oh he had all the seats in, doesn't count" "He wasn't running the skinnies, so clearly it wasn't fair" "These are meant for dig racing, and by the way he wasn't on 100 octane".

Fact is, Pump Gas with Full Interior and big tires all the way around is probably how 85%+ of the Demon's are running on the road.

By the way, it can be argued that once the Crate is installed, with skinnies that have to be sourced YOURSELF because Dodge only includes the rims, is that REALLY a showroom stock vehicle? Something that should hold the "production car record" off of some bogus manufacturer claims? Come on now...

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Yeah from all of the videos out the Demonís donít seem to pull up top at all so I doubt it.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:21 PM
  #12  
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member
 
johnglenntwo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 6,693
Thanked 141 Times in 125 Posts
Default But You have a ZO6 Beater!? ;)

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
The races were short because once the ZR1 was pulling the Demon the Demon gave up. Only while things were tight did the Demon stay in the race. Nice job with ZR1 hoping to see a Demon or something else soon while I drive 1550 miles in next few days!
Nice job on the vids and thanks from the vids.
The ZR1 can take the ACR too! You and yours...NSM!
johnglenntwo is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 03:56 PM
  #13  
furiousox
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 676
Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Wow the ZR pulled hard
furiousox is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 PM
  #14  
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Aug 1999
Location: Huntingdon Valley Pa
Posts: 18,548
Thanked 289 Times in 235 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Well proven now that these Demons are not that much faster than a Hellcat. Especially from a roll, the differences are very small. So far, Intake + tune A10 ZL1 has beaten it, several different exotics, and now a C7 ZR1. The LT5 isn't underrated, it put down 668 RWHP through an M7, that's bullseye on for 755 crank HP from a Dynojet. The Demon's are just not that fast. I've completely 100% dismissed the manufacturer claims for the Demon and am ONLY going off of what owners are producing with these. So far, I haven't seen them do ANYTHING impressive. 2.3 second 0-60 and 9.6 1/4 mile? Yeah right. Also, seems that 99% of the owners are still on the 91/93 "808 HP" setup, and they're getting destroyed. Dodge claims a 32 HP crank HP gain with 100 octane. I think these things are running more like 750 HP or less on the stock 91/93 tune, and maybe they're getting close to 840 HP on a 100 octane but they definitely over-blew the 808 HP on pump numbers. They're losing to everything left and right. All that the SRT fan boys can say is "Oh do it from a roll" "Oh he had all the seats in, doesn't count" "He wasn't running the skinnies, so clearly it wasn't fair" "These are meant for dig racing, and by the way he wasn't on 100 octane".

Fact is, Pump Gas with Full Interior and big tires all the way around is probably how 85%+ of the Demon's are running on the road.

By the way, it can be argued that once the Crate is installed, with skinnies that have to be sourced YOURSELF because Dodge only includes the rims, is that REALLY a showroom stock vehicle? Something that should hold the "production car record" off of some bogus manufacturer claims? Come on now...



You are correct, my hellcat beat my demon, both on 100 octane, never dyno'd the demon, but the hellcat is 731 whp on 100 octane, stock with only a carbon fiber air intake, both on nitto DR
hcvone is offline  
Old 04-25-2018, 04:09 PM
  #15  
Jus Cruisin
CF Senior Member
 
Jus Cruisin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Central FL
Posts: 1,467
Thanked 156 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Watched a Demon run 9.90's and 10.0's at Bradenton a few weeks ago with wide fronts. The car didn't have 500 miles on it.
Jus Cruisin is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 12:21 PM
  #16  
keagan
CF Senior Member
 
keagan's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,572
Thanked 258 Times in 175 Posts
Default

keagan is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 07:51 PM
  #17  
CORVETTEZL1001
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
CORVETTEZL1001's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Roll Racing a Demon is Ridiculous. It was designed specifically to run the 1/4 Mile. Run a Bone stock Demon against a bone stock ZR1 in the 1/4 mile same day same track equal drivers and see what happens.
CORVETTEZL1001 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CORVETTEZL1001 For This Useful Post:
RoketRdr (04-29-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 08:01 PM
  #18  
CORVETTEZL1001
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
CORVETTEZL1001's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,095
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Well proven now that these Demons are not that much faster than a Hellcat. Especially from a roll, the differences are very small. So far, Intake + tune A10 ZL1 has beaten it, several different exotics, and now a C7 ZR1. The LT5 isn't underrated, it put down 668 RWHP through an M7, that's bullseye on for 755 crank HP from a Dynojet. The Demon's are just not that fast. I've completely 100% dismissed the manufacturer claims for the Demon and am ONLY going off of what owners are producing with these. So far, I haven't seen them do ANYTHING impressive. 2.3 second 0-60 and 9.6 1/4 mile? Yeah right. Also, seems that 99% of the owners are still on the 91/93 "808 HP" setup, and they're getting destroyed. Dodge claims a 32 HP crank HP gain with 100 octane. I think these things are running more like 750 HP or less on the stock 91/93 tune, and maybe they're getting close to 840 HP on a 100 octane but they definitely over-blew the 808 HP on pump numbers. They're losing to everything left and right. All that the SRT fan boys can say is "Oh do it from a roll" "Oh he had all the seats in, doesn't count" "He wasn't running the skinnies, so clearly it wasn't fair" "These are meant for dig racing, and by the way he wasn't on 100 octane".

Fact is, Pump Gas with Full Interior and big tires all the way around is probably how 85%+ of the Demon's are running on the road.

By the way, it can be argued that once the Crate is installed, with skinnies that have to be sourced YOURSELF because Dodge only includes the rims, is that REALLY a showroom stock vehicle? Something that should hold the "production car record" off of some bogus manufacturer claims? Come on now...



Demon versus Hellcat one full second in the 1/4 mile is not much faster? The crate comes with the car from the factory so itís considered stock. You can Mod a Honda Civic to run low 9ís, itís bone stock for bone stock on original tires.
CORVETTEZL1001 is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 10:25 PM
  #19  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 842 Times in 699 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
Yeah from all of the videos out the Demonís donít seem to pull up top at all so I doubt it.
Top or bottom they carry an extra 800 pounds of weight.
Just like I thought with out the 60ft from the dig the ZR1 manual wins the roll race.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 04-28-2018, 10:33 PM
  #20  
Can'tHave2MuchHP
CF Senior Member
 
Can'tHave2MuchHP's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Grosse Pointe Michigan
Posts: 551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 126 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CFHay View Post
I don't think I have seen a video of a Demon winning a race yet.
Yep.

Originally Posted by CORVETTEZL1001 View Post
Demon versus Hellcat one full second in the 1/4 mile is not much faster? The crate comes with the car from the factory so itís considered stock. You can Mod a Honda Civic to run low 9ís, itís bone stock for bone stock on original tires.
I haven't seen any full second difference, certainly not the ~1.4-1.6 second that it was supposed to be (9.6 vs 10.9-11.2). You have an actual owner of both above saying that when both were on 100 octane and otherwise bone stock (Besides an intake), the Hellcat one. The Demon's are only going to gain an advantage when properly driven on a prepped surface at the strip, and even then it's going to take luck and practice to get them to go fast. They're never going to run 9.6s, but that's my opinion.

The Crate doesn't really "come with it" per say, it's not like Floor mats or wheel locks that come in the trunk upon delivery. You must contact Dodge/The dealer, have them order it and it takes a month or so to get to you. They don't supply tires for the skinnies, and the ECU must be installed by a dealer. It's pushing the boundaries of factory production car for sure.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR1 vs Demon


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: