C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 PDR Info question

Old 04-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Anthony D'Aloisio
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default ZR1 PDR Info question

Question is for track nuts, coming from all info provided via gauge cluster and PDR videos is there info provided that measures downforce readings between the 2 settings on the ZTK cars? Is this data impossible to find out and or irrelevant during track time? Thanks
Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 724 Likes on 478 Posts

You'd probably have to look at suspension travel data and extrapolate that as a comparison. There are no load cells in the suspension.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:15 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by spearfish25
You'd probably have to look at suspension travel data and extrapolate that as a comparison. There are no load cells in the suspension.
I tried looking at that once and the problem was that you're usually accelerating too which throws things off since that throws weight to the rear but naturally reduces with speed. Also, if you really wanted to extrapolate you'd need to understand spring and shock rates among other things.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:54 AM
Anthony D'Aloisio
Instructor

Default Wing setting from pdi

So with no feedback in settings and those whome took delivery of ZTK eq cars is there a setting the dealer leaves it at or just puts it in one of the two?
Old 04-27-2018, 07:41 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony D'Aloisio
So with no feedback in settings and those whome took delivery of ZTK eq cars is there a setting the dealer leaves it at or just puts it in one of the two?
I don't understand which two settings you are referring to. You have the optional tall side fences on the front splitter and the rear wing is adjustable up to 5 degrees. I would run the tall side fences on track regardless and will probably start with the wing with the full 5 deg of rake.

Whether I later change that will depend on whether I feel like there is any high speed aero induced understeer or if I want to see if less wing angle made an appreciable difference in speed on the straights. Other than running at Daytona I doubt anyone will be faster with less wing angle but we will need to drive the car and see how it feels. I do know that when I tried less rear aero on the Z06 I didn't like it.

In any case, I don't think measuring the downforce is useful for anything except bench racing on this car even if it was possible.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Anthony D'Aloisio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I don't understand which two settings you are referring to. You have the optional tall side fences on the front splitter and the rear wing is adjustable up to 5 degrees. I would run the tall side fences on track regardless and will probably start with the wing with the full 5 deg of rake.

Whether I later change that will depend on whether I feel like there is any high speed aero induced understeer or if I want to see if less wing angle made an appreciable difference in speed on the straights. Other than running at Daytona I doubt anyone will be faster with less wing angle but we will need to drive the car and see how it feels. I do know that when I tried less rear aero on the Z06 I didn't like it.

In any case, I don't think measuring the downforce is useful for anything except bench racing on this car even if it was possible.
thanks for clarifying.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 PDR Info question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR1 PDR Info question