C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Porsche guy needs convincing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 08:02 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

My take is while I have a 488, I really enjoy my ZO7. They are two different cars but with the manual transmission, the drive is so enjoyable and interactive. Try to keep both as they will compliment each other. The ZR1 is so much more than my ZO7 too!

Last edited by Racerdj; 05-26-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Bwright
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 159 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingswh
If you're serious about betting I will happily make it. I need to raise it to make it worth my while and pay my expenses so I will do it for 20k.

I can do it in the fall of 2019 as 2018 is full already for me and wasn't expecting to make a trip like this to the West Coast. I want to add harnesses and a seat, SRF brake fluid, a proper alignment and Cup 2's.

I will buy the Z06 if you can find dates the track is available with no sound limit. You rent the track which we will split.

I get the entire day to put it down and if there's a mechanical failure or bad weather the bet is off and we will split the track rental. When you lose you will pay me 20k on the spot.

A C7Z is on Cup 2's quicker than a T1 car sorry to say. So go ahead. Make the bet. I literally can not wait.

This is me so you know who you're betting with now. I forgot it doesn't count since it was during a DE. lol!! Tons of Porsche's going right by us.

So as to stay on topic I predict a well driven ZR1 will go around my ACR-E like it's tied to a stump.
x1,000,000

Now that's what I call betting like a MAN!

Way to step up on the call out. Much respect.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bwright:
desmophile (05-26-2018), Racingswh (05-26-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 02:39 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingswh
So it sounds like you're saying you won't take my bet? Not even a chance? I didn't think so.

I will let you know if I am ever out there for a DE. Until then enjoy that makeshift jalopy you drive now.

You should let your animosity for the C7Z go I think. It's time. You have hurt it's feelings long enough.

I expect the new ZR1 will surprise even the doubters with decent track reliability and extremely high levels of performance.
Those emojis betray your discomfort. The car and you have a lot in common, you both look and sound like you can take the challenge but it never really materializes. Good on paper as they say, and the paper is the gazette of the already faithful. The jalopy is the real deal, but it takes a real driver to transcend the brand-induced blindness to see it. I'll hold my breath for thy DE appearance.

Quick Reply: Porsche guy needs convincing.