C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Robrote
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by kutlow
I see a bunch of jealous people. Was your wives a Virgin when you married her? Somewhere some dude has pics and videos of her doing burn outs. Lmao
Way to keep it classy
Old 06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver

Please link to the statute or Federal Regulation that backs this up. Sounds like this is your opinion rather than fact/law but I may be wrong
I'm not an attorney to do pro bono service on the internet, but you can take my "opinion" to heart. The car is advertised as a demo. Based on youtube videos this car was not used as a dealer demo. That is factual, not just an opinion. Wait until GM denies warranty on it. If it comes to a legal battle, the seller would loose. For me, it's a non-issue as I would not consider buying it. Neither would any person who knows the history of the car. Personally, I would not consider buying a non-ZTK 7M car even with 0 miles. Neither did Street17. The selling dealer should do a full disclosure on this sale to protect the buyer AND himself.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
I'm not an attorney to do pro bono service on the internet, but you can take my "opinion" to heart. The car is advertised as a demo. Based on youtube videos this car was not used as a dealer demo. That is factual, not just an opinion. Wait until GM denies warranty on it. If it comes to a legal battle, the seller would loose. For me, it's a non-issue as I would not consider buying it. Neither would any person who knows the history of the car. Personally, I would not consider buying a non-ZTK 7M car even with 0 miles. Neither did Street17. The selling dealer should do a full disclosure on this sale to protect the buyer AND himself.

This car is the very definition of a Demo. I don't know where you get your "facts" from but a simple internet search could tell you really anyone can drive a Demo car.

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/0...emo-cars.shtml
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...-car/index.htm
https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...-deals-104220/
Old 06-14-2018, 04:22 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
This car is the very definition of a Demo. I don't know where you get your "facts" from but a simple internet search could tell you really anyone can drive a Demo car.

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/0...emo-cars.shtml
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...-car/index.htm
https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...-deals-104220/
False! Demo cars are not driven on race tracks, dragstrips and have modified exhaust on them.You showing me examples of demo car advices on the internet does not make this car a demo.

I think I expressed my views on this subject enough, so take it or leave it, I'm out for now. I may chime in later as we learn new information on the sale of this car. I predict there will be more controversy about it in the future.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:38 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

False! Demo cars are not driven on race tracks, dragstrips and have modified exhaust on them.You showing me examples of demo car advices on the internet does not make this car a demo.

I think I expressed my views on this subject enough, so take it or leave it, I'm out for now. I may chime in later as we learn new information on the sale of this car. I predict there will be more controversy about it in the future.

One call to Ebay would get the ad pulled! Deceptive ad and with the 20 you tube video's it's IMO beyond dumb to list it as new!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 06-14-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:56 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1

One call to Ebay would get the ad pulled! Deceptive ad and with the 20 you tube video's it's IMO beyond dumb to list it as new!
Incorrect. Call eBay and report it...we’re waiting

Source: I’m an eBay seller since 1997 with 18,900+ feedback rating at 100%. Owned eBay “Trading Post” brick and mortar store for years
Old 06-14-2018, 11:06 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Incorrect. Call eBay and report it...we’re waiting

Source: I’m an eBay seller since 1997 with 18,900+ feedback rating at 100%. Owned eBay “Trading Post” brick and mortar store for years
Incorrect? Like you have a thing to with Ebay policy?
I think your wrong but Really could careless since I have less than no interest in buying but the person buying will! Ebay seller and you think the deal selling the used car with 20 videos showing everything with the car at race tracks etc then with an owner plus wearing out the tires so it has new tires ? Then say it is new is Ok?
I disagree on that~!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 06-14-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Incorrect? Like you have a thing to with Ebay policy?
I think your wrong but Really could careless since I have less than no interest in buying but the person buying will! Ebay seller and you think the deal selling the used car with 20 videos showing everything with the car at race tracks etc then with an owner plus wearing out the tires so it has new tires ? Then say it is new is Ok?
I disagree on that~!
Your definition of “new” clearly differs from that of the law. If you have an issue with that you should write your congressman. I was simply pointing out that nothing in the listing is misleading or violates eBay’s rules.

I guess you would require a “new” car (by your definition) with 30 miles to have some sort of disclosure and proof of how those miles were put on? And because this car doesn’t have this disclosure for the 3000 it has on it the dealer is pulling some sort of scam?

The buyer should do his/her due diligence and either buy it or not. They could always ASK the dealer how the miles were put on ya know... If they don’t, they either don’t care or will live it

Old 06-15-2018, 04:31 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

A demo car can literally be used by anyone (sales people, family, friends, potential customers). When they take it home to drive how does anyone know exactly how the car was used? I know people that have been given demos and taken them to the drag strip. Sorry, but you are absolutely incorrect here. I'm not saying it is right or that the ad is completely forthcoming but these things happen with demos and there is nothing you can do but do your own research on the car before you buy.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Your definition of “new” clearly differs from that of the law. If you have an issue with that you should write your congressman. I was simply pointing out that nothing in the listing is misleading or violates eBay’s rules.

I guess you would require a “new” car (by your definition) with 30 miles to have some sort of disclosure and proof of how those miles were put on? And because this car doesn’t have this disclosure for the 3000 it has on it the dealer is pulling some sort of scam?

The buyer should do his/her due diligence and either buy it or not. They could always ASK the dealer how the miles were put on ya know... If they don’t, they either don’t care or will live it

Yeah right! 30 miles? you mean 3000? Write my congressman! If they find later of all the BS that went with this particular car, the final seller, could be on the hook! Wide open for a lawsuit! Like the ZR1 is the last new car any way I would choose! I would buy when a Z06 is available. I'm waiting on the ME as the next purchase.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM
nist7
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Legally, nothing is wrong with the ad. Legal definition of new car is simply that it is still on MSO. eBay also says similar definition for their new car and says it should only have demonstration miles on them....which can be many things that the car is "demo."

But looking at GM's Warranty, the buyer better know the history because I can easily see GM deny repairs as the vehicle has clearly done several of the below:

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as a result of the following:
  • Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle.
  • Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper Vehicle use is discussed in the Owner’s Manual.
  • Alteration, modification, or tampering to the vehicle, including, but not limited to the body, chassis, powertrain, driveline, software, or other components after final assembly by GM.
  • Coverages do not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, its reading has been altered, or mileage cannot be determined.
  • Installation of non-GM (General Motors) parts.
  • Water or fluid contamination.
  • Damage resulting from hail, floods, windstorms, lightning, and other environmental conditions.
  • Alteration of glass parts by application of tinting films.
http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty

Last edited by nist7; 06-15-2018 at 04:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
3 Z06ZR1 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:02 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
A demo car can literally be used by anyone (sales people, family, friends, potential customers). When they take it home to drive how does anyone know exactly how the car was used?
From the 20 or more YOU TUBE video's that show this car was abused and someone has represented it as IF IT WAS THEIRS! Good luck to the dealer or final seller saying it was a new car! Hope you have insurance!
nist7 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 AM
nist7
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Would anyone from CF pay essentially MSRP for this car and buy with confidence knowing that it was a legally new car?

I mean it's not an opinion...legally it's a new car! Look up the definition!!! It's new I tell you!
3 Z06ZR1 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 06:01 AM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

Geesh. You guys are a bunch of cry babies. I see many of you list your cars for sale after you drag race them and never mention it on the ad. Go outside and mow the lawn or something positive.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 AM
94Lt1Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 763 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by nist7
Legally, nothing is wrong with the ad. Legal definition of new car is simply that it is still on MSO. eBay also says similar definition for their new car and says it should only have demonstration miles on them....which can be many things that the car is "demo."

But looking at GM's Warranty, the buyer better know the history because I can easily see GM deny repairs as the vehicle has clearly done several of the below:

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty
ZR1, ZL1, Z06, etc. are all covered under warranty when doing track events if properly prepped.
nist7 (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Yeah right! 30 miles? you mean 3000? Write my congressman! If they find later of all the BS that went with this particular car, the final seller, could be on the hook! Wide open for a lawsuit! Like the ZR1 is the last new car any way I would choose! I would buy when a Z06 is available. I'm waiting on the ME as the next purchase.
Try reading my post one more time... I think I’m done here. Looks like there are plenty of rational people chiming in now
Old 06-15-2018, 09:21 AM
gSwift
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

From the 20 or more YOU TUBE video's that show this car was abused and someone has represented it as IF IT WAS THEIRS! Good luck to the dealer or final seller saying it was a new car! Hope you have insurance!
Jesus Christ! For someone that "doesn't care" you sure have beaten the hell out of that dead horse.

We get it.... There's 20 freakin YouTube videos.
BillY2KFRC (06-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already

Old 06-15-2018, 01:37 PM
BillY2KFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 347 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by gSwift
Jesus Christ! For someone that "doesn't care" you sure have beaten the hell out of that dead horse.

We get it.... There's 20 freakin YouTube videos.
At least he didn't tell us that he has two Z06s.
gSwift (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 PM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Why are there nearly 100 posts about this? It's literally effecting non of yalls life.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:54 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,333 Likes on 774 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by BaylorCorvette
Why are there nearly 100 posts about this? It's literally effecting non of yalls life.
Who cares, if you don't like it don't buy it. Are you even buying a new ZR1 at all? I doubt it. I don't see how the car was abused anyway. Isn't that what it was built for? This thread has just gone nuts. Typical CF responses getting all worked up over nothing and something that doesn't even concern you. Give it rest. Time to lock this one.

Quick Reply: StreetSpeed's ZR1 is for sale already