C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I got the call!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,389 Likes on 681 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

This is wonderful, someday my allocation will happen, but in no hurry as my CBM '12 ZR1 is still at the top of the heap in most places.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:44 PM
kutlow
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 135 Posts

I thought you were going to wait until next year since in September it'll be snowing in Michigan...what color calipers? Are you going to expel it + ceramic.

I have the cash to buy one but I'm looking to buy one more rental house for the extra income . I just have a hard time letting that much money go for a car. I admire those of you who can.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:08 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by kutlow
I thought you were going to wait until next year since in September it'll be snowing in Michigan...what color calipers? Are you going to expel it + ceramic.

I have the cash to buy one but I'm looking to buy one more rental house for the extra income . I just have a hard time letting that much money go for a car. I admire those of you who can.
Yeah, difficult to hand over my Z plus enough $$$ to buy another Z, but things prompted me to go in the ZR direction............................... ....................... I'm going to ship it to Florida for the winter. Red Calipers, have not decided on Expel/Ceramic Pro. I have both on my Z. Hopefully it works out for you and the others to decide what works best for you.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:23 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

XPEL’s latest is the greatest. So say several installers. Mine installer is yet to be convinced that it is the best, and continues to install SunTek Ultra — that is unless the customer specifically requests either 3M or XPEL (he is “certified” for all three). XPEL does remain the most expensive. Before I install anything on my next Corvette, I will be closely reading reviews of all of them to see what Corvette owners’ are thinking at the time.

I am sick of windshield chips — most so small they can not be filled, not covered by insurance but for those who drive our cars a lot, can make our windshields look like it has the measles. This what is equally important to me, and based on the hundreds of Corvette owners’ posts (and basically every brands’ owners on their forums forum) is the new ClearPlex windshield treatment. It is like a clear bra material applied on the outside of the windshield. I spend a full hour at their both last November at SEMA, and for sure I am going to have it installed on my 2020 Corvette. Below a 1 minute video and a couple of screen prints from their web sites, and personally using their “destructo” tool at SEMA on a windshilld half covered with ClearPlex, half not, I am totally convinced. Two downsides are that if you park your car for hours and hours in the sun, they do not guarantee over two years usage, and second one their certified installers (so far very limited in number) can install it. Roughly $300/car — but It will also reduce broken windshields.

Last edited by elegant; 06-24-2018 at 07:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
DebRedZR1 (06-24-2018), Steve Garrett (06-25-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 08:20 PM
zedbyers
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant
I am sick of windshield chips — most so small they can not be filled, not covered by insurance but for those who drive our cars a lot, can make our windshields look like it has the measles. This what is equally important to me, and based on the hundreds of Corvette owners’ posts (and basically every brands’ owners on their forums forum) is the new ClearPlex windshield treatment. It is like a clear bra material applied on the outside of the windshield. I spend a full hour at their both last November at SEMA, and for sure I am going to have it installed on my 2020 Corvette. Below a 1 minute video and a couple of screen prints from their web sites, and personally using their “destructo” tool at SEMA on a windshilld half covered with ClearPlex, half not, I am totally convinced. Two downsides are that if you park your car for hours and hours in the sun, they do not guarantee over two years usage, and second one their certified installers (so far very limited in number) can install it. Roughly $300/car — but It will also reduce broken windshields.
my neighbor got this on his car, we both track about once a month. i have mixed feelings on it from what i have seen so far. you aren't supposed to use your windshield wipers with it. just drive. which apparently it is fine as long as you are moving, but when you slow down/stop there is nothing pushing the water. if you turn them on, the wipers have a bit of difficulty moving across it, when compared to bare glass. i had tried getting the shop i go to for my track car work to put it on my car for a few months, and it was hard, as you said few installers, and they could never nail him down. we have left town for a while so i didn't pursue it.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:51 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Just got this

>>>
Good Morning Deb, Car moved to 2000 status. Should have TPW soon.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Garrett (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:49 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts

I just learned today that mine went to status 3400, which as you can see, means the parts are being gather for assembly. It's the last status before the car is done being built (3800). My dealer is telling me that they think we'll have the car in a couple of weeks. I'm so fired up!

Since I know a lot of people are trying to read the tea leaves about time from order to delivery, I'll tell you that I ordered my car on April 13, with an initial TPW (given a week later) of July 16. It appears that they're ahead of that schedule, as you can see. Now I'm not saying everyone will get the same timetable, but that's just what happened for me.

If anyone is looking to place an order, my salesman has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. His dealership owner will never sell a car above sticker (refreshing), and he has a "dummy" order in right now that is unspoken for. That's how I got mine. He placed the order, I came in to buy the car, and he changed the dummy order to mine (built as I wanted it). If you want an intro, PM me and I'm happy to provide one.

The following 2 users liked this post by GrapemanZR1:
DebRedZR1 (06-25-2018), Nyvetteguy007 (06-28-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Congrats, very happy for you! I'm in for the pics when you get it.

This might not be the best place to ask this, but what are most dealers selling for? MSRP? MSRP+5K????

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-25-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 06-25-2018, 06:00 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Congrats, very happy for you! I'm in for the pics when you get it.
Absolutely.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:02 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
This might not be the best place to ask this, but what are most dealers selling for? MSRP? MSRP+5K????
I've seen them all over, from MSRP to $50,000 over. And several "fake news" ads for below MSRP.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:57 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by GrapemanZR1
I've seen them all over, from MSRP to $50,000 over. And several "fake news" ads for below MSRP.

MSRP is Average going rate right now, a few way up there and a few who have worked out some "buddy" deal below.
Grapeman, congrats and thanks for the code list. Looking forward to pics!!!
Old 06-25-2018, 07:36 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1

MSRP is Average going rate right now, a few way up there and a few who have worked out some "buddy" deal below.
Grapeman, congrats and thanks for the code list. Looking forward to pics!!!
Thanks a ton!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:04 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,337 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Congratulations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got the call!!!!!!!!!!