C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 high wing to low conversion - Machine shop request

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:02 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
I have to say that when you guys first wanted this, I figured we could knock it out quickly and easily, so I'd oblige but didn't expect to like it as I have always liked the high wing. I do have to say though, that for daily driving, it really makes the car look sleeker and more natural!

We went ahead and added the adjustability to them since printing, despite probably not needing it being that low. So, you will be able to raise the back in the same manner as OEM. I've given the green light to program it and we can start machining soon. From there, they'll be anodized black most likely, and ready to ship out. I will open up a group buy presale next week. I need to review the pricing, but it reuses all of the OEM hardware and I will include the 5 point T30 safety bit for you guys

Here are our 3D printed ZTK Low Stands!

view inside:
What about a mount to raise the wing higher from the stock location (like the acr viper)?
Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 AM
RedRay
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Really like it but it appears to sit back a bit to far. What if the upward mount came off the front hole of the car mount. That would move the wing forward more to a stock posisiton and keep the design pretty much intact. Back bolt may be a little harder to get in and out but it would look better INHO.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:10 PM
oldfoggy
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default innovators . . . screws

Originally Posted by RedRay
Really like it but it appears to sit back a bit to far. What if the upward mount came off the front hole of the car mount. That would move the wing forward more to a stock posisiton and keep the design pretty much intact. Back bolt may be a little harder to get in and out but it would look better INHO.
In my case the dealer prep department of the dealership I got the car from did not have the correct 5 lobe tool. So they 'innovated' with a screwdriver. So, at they time I install your brackets I will need to replace the screws as they are 'buggered up'. I'm sure they are readily available to you in quantity at a good price. For the consumer it might be more difficult. Please consider including a set of screw for folk that have been 'disadvantaged' in a manner similar to me.

I have a vert. and realize t that the fore/aft placement is critical to the issue of trunk access.

Thanks for all the extra effort . . . I'll send you pics of the vert. as soon as I mount the brackets.

Cliff
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (07-22-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
What about a mount to raise the wing higher from the stock location (like the acr viper)?
lower is less drag, I don't want to get into more drag as I do not want to fatigue test the downforce on the car with the OEM brackets and mounts under the spoiler

Originally Posted by RedRay
they are in the same position.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:07 AM
oldfoggy
Pro

double stuffed oreo !
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 PM
oldfoggy
Pro

Default Fianal finish

Initially you had ‘visualized’ a powder coated product. I really feel that this is more consistent with the appearance of the ‘original’ bracket.

Could you you price and offer it powder coated as an optional ($) finish, I’d be happy to pay a premium for PC.

THANKS 🙏 Clifff
Ben@WeaponX (08-06-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:06 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Cool! ;)

Can't beat that!
Old 08-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Interested...
Ben@WeaponX (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

These should be ready to ship by the end of the month! I'll have pics of the finished product up soon. These are anodized black, I will take a look at possible powder coating options when they're back from ano if anyone really wants powder. I only did 5 sets for this first batch, so get em while they're hot! Buy with confidence, any issues and we will refund 100%

Purchase Here:
https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...12389405261873
The following 2 users liked this post by Ben@WeaponX:
hcvone (08-07-2018), intensifi (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:57 PM
intensifi
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

I’m looking forward to seeing this installed!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:35 PM
oldfoggy
Pro

Default ordered today

These should be ready to ship by the end of the month! I'll have pics of the finished product up soon. These are anodized black, I will take a look at possible powder coating options when they're back from ano if anyone really wants powder. I only did 5 sets for this first batch, so get em while they're hot! Buy with confidence, any issues and we will refund 100%

Purchase Here:
Hope you can powder coat . . . it will look 'righter'!
intensifi (08-08-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 09:11 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Purchase Here:
Ordered thank you. Keep up your great development work, you guys rock.

Last edited by hcvone; 08-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hcvone:
Ben@WeaponX (08-07-2018), intensifi (08-08-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 12:32 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

The first batch will be back from anodizing mid next week and at the moment we have enough to cover all orders with 1 set left over. We will test fit and confirm is all it should be on my car and I will get more pics of the actual product. This is gloss black ano, but it is not as shiny as the OEM paint or powdercoat as this is a process in which color is electrolyte bathed into the metal with a acid. We have one customer who wants his powder coated instead, which we will need to make sure our tolerances allow this and if so, we will offer this as an option for all of you guys if you want them shinier opposed to the anodized look; however,with the lower wing, the brackets aren't seen nearly as much.
intensifi (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 05:58 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Really thinking about pulling the trigger on this....
Old 08-25-2018, 06:11 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Waiting on a taller mount..
Old 08-25-2018, 10:13 AM
oldfoggy
Pro

Default Powder eeker

If powder will work I prefer it but I’m not asking you to take it home and do it in your oven. Really looking forward to getting it. Thanks for all your help updates and talent. I’ll let you be the final judge!
Old 08-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by oldfoggy
If powder will work I prefer it but I’m not asking you to take it home and do it in your oven. Really looking forward to getting it. Thanks for all your help updates and talent. I’ll let you be the final judge!
We do plenty of custom powder coating locally from our wheels to our custom billet valve covers, so it's not a problem to get them powdered. We just need to make sure they have the clearance, f not they'll need masked off at the mounting points, but they'll still be anodized there as well.

This was a sleeved LT 388 Whipple engine we built and shipped to Puerto Rico for Joey featuring those awesome valve covers! I'm doing an orange set for my ZR1 right now that will hopefully be on for LS Fest in a couple of weeks.

Here is a blank set color matched to valve covers as well on another Whipple C7 Z06:

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 08-25-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 high wing to low conversion - Machine shop request

Old 08-25-2018, 04:16 PM
oldfoggy
Pro

Default wing thingys

We do plenty of custom powder coating locally from our wheels to our custom billet valve covers, so it's not a problem to get them powdered. We just need to make sure they have the clearance, f not they'll need masked off at the mounting points, but they'll still be anodized there as well.

This was a sleeved LT 388 Whipple engine we built and shipped to Puerto Rico for Joey featuring those awesome valve covers! I'm doing an orange set for my ZR1 right now that will hopefully be on for LS Fest in a couple of weeks.

You are the Dr., I believe that you will do it right in the END.

Thanks for being visible, Cliff

Here is a blank set color matched to valve covers as well on another Whipple C7 Z06:

You are the Dr., I believe that you will do it right in the END.

Thanks for being visible, Cliff
Old 08-31-2018, 09:26 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Busy week getting ready for LS Fest and all, plus our new supercharger chillers going on a couple cars, which is just insanely cool seeing 33* water temps for the blower. I can't wait to get it on the ZR1! Checkout the condensation covering the billet cooling adapters on the LT4 supercharger The repeatable power and newfound efficiency of the engine is incredible. With just 15% more blower RPM in our X800 package, intake, etc the car was struggling to make power without knocking in long 7th gear Mustang Dyno pulls on the ZL1 A10 which is 1:1 and only making about 630 WHP. Put the chiller on after and the exact same car dropped nearly 40* Manifold Air temps, lowered the boost almost 2 PSI, and allowed us to run 2* more timing, resulting in 660 WHP and that was with the AC on! So, more power with less boost (since the air is more dense), less stress on the engine, no knock, and well... it's pretty cool, pun intended haha This will be on my ZR1 stat!

Anyway enough of the shameless plugs LOL, these anodized billet ZTK big **** conversion brackets are in are in to lower and I will take some time tomorrow to put them on my Z for some pics and to confirm fitment and maybe I'll even take a couple pics
I'll have it over 140 MPH at LS Fest next week for speed testing; however, the preliminary cfd shows it will certainly be fine with the reduced height.

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 08-31-2018 at 09:29 PM.
intensifi (09-01-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 09:50 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by oldfoggy
God save us from innovators
Sorry just remembered I had a note you called too, I will try to give you a shout Monday. If you like the pics and don't want them powder coated, I can ship yours out next week with the rest. If you do want it powdered, it will be the following!

Quick Reply: ZR1 high wing to low conversion - Machine shop request