C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 at Motor Trends Best Drivers Car Test today at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by village idiot
remember when this is was a fun and informative discussion?
A great many valuable threads are ruined by Glenn.
Wait until he starts regularly sh*tting in the C8 forums and ruining those threads.
S.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Wasn't that link clear to our conversation. You didn't say.
Yawn. Mumbo jumbo gets old and boring very quickly.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:10 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Nothing you post is clear, you seem to be the only one not to understand that. I'm not going to follow your magazine Google trail.

Besides, I told you, clear, legible English or I will not respond......
I understand!
I hope the Motor Trend Best Drivers Car next month on here works for you better. Most of your analysis will be appreciated. I'll pm you!

Sorry I Shouldn't have posted that SA test here!

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz
Guys, JG2 lives in his own world... he wins all of his own arguments... but what good is winning if no one else understands you?

How he's gotten away with posting 'as anything valid' when he's probably never even driven a corvette... let alone one with more than 500HP...

What JG2 will (unfortunately) never learn... is just because you read it on the internet... doesn't mean it's true... many of us who 'track cars'... debunk the mag tests and even manufacturer claims.

I've tried to stay out of this one... and frankly... I try to just not reply to JG2 threads... at somepoint the mods have got to get this taken care of... 6,300 posts of pure nonsense...

Best Regards,
Dave
Your car should do better elsewhere, and don't blame the messenger.
My write-up was pretty good then I see!

Sorry it didn't float your boat!

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
The SA test aforementioned has his 911 acting like a 911 and he calls it tires claiming the Corvette had a better tire version. He never considerers the chassis. A chassis exhibiting those same old behaviors.
Tires are only part and parcel of a system. At the end of the day the package does what its been engineered to do.
It's like the McLaren is running Corsas because McLaren Engineer's thought it would do better with something else. Who knows how it would drift with a R rated tire.

It won't be until (if and when) we get those ME chassis in a Z51 form that we will be armed indisputably.
The bandaids just confuse the issues.

That being said the ZR1 obvious cheap tire choice is that bang for the buck Corvette give me. The same kind of give me the C5 had in respects to that era +$130K GT2.
The exotics are supposed to be perfect! Your 7:12 Factory Nurbugring time vs the SA Z06 +1.2s was on these same tires!?

I also didn't even look at that whole video before I pasted it here, only the winner. The guys reported on it!
Incomprehensible! Please read back to get Your state of mind.

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 08-07-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: ZR1 at Motor Trends Best Drivers Car Test today at Laguna Seca