C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C7 ZR1 ZTK vs 720S

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire

I keep asking, but clearly you don’t want to respond. Show us your $100-200K cars. Lol.

Since you’re such an expert, perhaps you can provide values for each of the following supercars the ZR1 dusted at Willow Springs...

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs

* 675LT (which is an insane car to drive btw)
* 911TTS
* Huracan 610-4
* 488 GTB
* R8 V10 Plus
* Aventador 750-4
* 650S
* NFGT (.01 & smoked at VIR)

LMK if you need help with the commas and/or decimal points��

C’mon show us your cars hot shot. What seems to be the hold-up?
Hey, UnhandledException...we're still waiting

Last edited by Glenn Quagmire; 07-16-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:08 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Hey, UnhandledException...we're still waiting
So what you are saying is only the rich is entitled to an opinion, sounds a lot like the 1600s monarch. I don't need to have these cars to add 2 and 2 together. I also don't need to have these cars to poke holes in to kool aid drinkers' theories and bring them to reality from their deep dream state.

Just shy of 2 months ago, including yourself, bunch of you guys were making statements surrounding ZR1 being a super car killer, doing sub 7 min lap in nurburgring and destroying viper's lap time record's in domestic tracks along with all other cars. We have now seen in 2 tracks (willow and laguna) zr1 got its *** handed to it. We have also seen in 1/4 mile, the ZR1 is in a different league all together (131 vs 140).

I will even go so far as to say that those tracks where ZR1 did break the lap record, very shortly GT2RS will take the top spot.

I dont need to own these cars to publicly correct kool aid drinkers. These are all factual statements. These are not my opinion. I am merely iterating what motor trend/randy/auto bild are sharing with the community. You have a Z06 with Z07 package and a ZR1 with ZTK package lapping the track in germany (Autobild ZL1 vs ZR1 video) identical times to the tenth of a second. What does that tell you?

You can say whatever you want but this car is too expensive to be best bang for the buck, doesn't destroy cars 2-3 times its price (its head to head with gt3rs which is $40k more - which is NOT even considered a super car), and its too heavy. None of these comments are subjective.

Last edited by UnhandledException; 07-16-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:35 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

It looks like if you put the ZR1 up against the P1 (since were discussing McLarens) The P1 would have to spot the ZR! about 40 car lengths for it to be a close race!
Old 07-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I already knew the outcome but still wild to see the ZR-1 look like a corolla racing down the track compared to the 720..
Old 07-16-2018, 02:04 PM
winstonc
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

720s is faster but the ZR1 had a passenger and possibilities a full tank of gas. 720s driver is a size 2 and the driver of the ZR1 hasn't ever missed a meal. 720s driver is probably a smarter racer than the ZR1 driver. And we don't know if the 720S is stock. There are 720s running mid 9s,. https://www.exoticsboost.com/content...20S-9-5-145-89. It should have been a little closer in my opinion..

Last edited by winstonc; 07-16-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
So what you are saying is only the rich is entitled to an opinion, sounds a lot like the 1600s monarch. I don't need to have these cars to add 2 and 2 together. I also don't need to have these cars to poke holes in to kool aid drinkers' theories and bring them to reality from their deep dream state.

Just shy of 2 months ago, including yourself, bunch of you guys were making statements surrounding ZR1 being a super car killer, doing sub 7 min lap in nurburgring and destroying viper's lap time record's in domestic tracks along with all other cars. We have now seen in 2 tracks (willow and laguna) zr1 got its *** handed to it. We have also seen in 1/4 mile, the ZR1 is in a different league all together (131 vs 140).

I will even go so far as to say that those tracks where ZR1 did break the lap record, very shortly GT2RS will take the top spot.

I dont need to own these cars to publicly correct kool aid drinkers. These are all factual statements. These are not my opinion. I am merely iterating what motor trend/randy/auto bild are sharing with the community. You have a Z06 with Z07 package and a ZR1 with ZTK package lapping the track in germany (Autobild ZL1 vs ZR1 video) identical times to the tenth of a second. What does that tell you?

You can say whatever you want but this car is too expensive to be best bang for the buck, doesn't destroy cars 2-3 times its price (its head to head with gt3rs which is $40k more - which is NOT even considered a super car), and its too heavy. None of these comments are subjective.
You obviously don't understand the value proposition of the Corvette brand, let alone the ZR1. Relatively speaking, you don't have to be a rich person to afford a Corvette...at least when compared to ANYTHING in its weight class. My 2011 ZR1 3ZR had a sticker of $130K. My 2019 ZR1 3ZR ZTK had a sticker of $139K. Don't try and sell us any BS about the car being too expensive. I've owned two C7 Z06/Z07's and a ZR1 ZTK and can tell with EXPERIENCE that the ZR1 is a faster, more responsive, better performance car. Period. As it was when I went from a C6 Z06/Z07 to a C6 ZR1.

The fact that the ZR1 can run with and beat cars 3X it's price is a testament to the bang/buck quotient. Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether you or anyone else lacking real-world experience "feels" the ZR1 isn't the best value supercar in the world. But, those that have driven the ZR1, as well as, the cars being compared to it, unanimously agree (just as they did with the C6 ZR1) that bang for the buck, nothing comes close.

Why are you here? I'm guessing you're intelligent enough to realize that playing an antagonist with no experience isn't lost on anybody. Regardless of what you say here, you've been outed as a troll, with lots of baseless opinions and zero evidence of relevant experience to support your arguments. I've got other cars and am on other forums...and there are trolls like you on damn near all of them. Not surprisingly though, they don't stick around very long because people catch on and stop taking their bait. Calling ZR1 owners/fans Kool-Aid drinkers will win you no favor here. We all buy what we like and don't take kindly to anyone that wants to **** on us for doing so. Give the Viper forum a try, I'm sure they'd love to rip you apart over there.

PS - you still haven't posted pics of your rides. What are you rockin'?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:00 PM
FikseGTS
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 18 Posts

the 720S is completely stock... 180 pounds is a size 2?

Originally Posted by winstonc
720s is faster but the ZR1 had a passenger and possibilities a full tank of gas. 720s driver is a size 2 and the driver of the ZR1 hasn't ever missed a meal. 720s driver is probably a smarter racer than the ZR1 driver. And we don't know if the 720S is stock. There are 720s running mid 9s,. https://www.exoticsboost.com/content...20S-9-5-145-89. It should have been a little closer in my opinion..
The following users liked this post:
DoctorV8 (07-17-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 03:22 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FikseGTS
180 pounds is a size 2?
Finally...a reason to cancel my personal trainer.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:04 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

You obviously don't understand the value proposition of the Corvette brand, let alone the ZR1. Relatively speaking, you don't have to be a rich person to afford a Corvette...at least when compared to ANYTHING in its weight class. My 2011 ZR1 3ZR had a sticker of $130K. My 2019 ZR1 3ZR ZTK had a sticker of $139K. Don't try and sell us any BS about the car being too expensive. I've owned two C7 Z06/Z07's and a ZR1 ZTK and can tell with EXPERIENCE that the ZR1 is a faster, more responsive, better performance car. Period. As it was when I went from a C6 Z06/Z07 to a C6 ZR1.

The fact that the ZR1 can run with and beat cars 3X it's price is a testament to the bang/buck quotient. Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether you or anyone else lacking real-world experience "feels" the ZR1 isn't the best value supercar in the world. But, those that have driven the ZR1, as well as, the cars being compared to it, unanimously agree (just as they did with the C6 ZR1) that bang for the buck, nothing comes close.

Why are you here? I'm guessing you're intelligent enough to realize that playing an antagonist with no experience isn't lost on anybody. Regardless of what you say here, you've been outed as a troll, with lots of baseless opinions and zero evidence of relevant experience to support your arguments. I've got other cars and am on other forums...and there are trolls like you on damn near all of them. Not surprisingly though, they don't stick around very long because people catch on and stop taking their bait. Calling ZR1 owners/fans Kool-Aid drinkers will win you no favor here. We all buy what we like and don't take kindly to anyone that wants to **** on us for doing so. Give the Viper forum a try, I'm sure they'd love to rip you apart over there.

PS - you still haven't posted pics of your rides. What are you rockin'?
Do you see the difference between your post and mine? Yours is entirely subjective. Mine while having some subjectivity is nowhere near as such and mostly objective.

What supercars ZR1 is beating “3X the price”? I want to know. Because it is being BEATEN by supercars “2X the price”.

It does 1/4 mile in 11.1/131 mph. And it has been clocked to have very close (in some cases identical) lap times in tracks to Z06. That 1/4 mile time is hardly supercar territory. Porsche’s 500hp GT cars post similar times. The track times are also hardly earth shattering, again some are very close to some cars that have much less hp.

You are posting entirely based on your own feelings and I am posting based on what magazines are publishing.

1/4 times
track times
cost
weight

Mine isnt really an opinion, pull 100 people walking down the street who neither own corvette nor porsche or mclaren, present them this material and 99 of them will state what I did. You cant counter any of this instead you say things like “I owned this” “I owned that” “it feels like this” etc. You want to believe what YOU want to believe.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 PM
Clairvoyantwolf
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

You are posting entirely based on your own feelings and I am posting based on what magazines are publishing.
...So, the first hand account of the ownership experience of someone who owns the cars in question is somehow less valid than what a magazine says? I'm quite certain if you took 100 people off the street and made a quarter mile pass in either a ZR1 or 720 they'd crap their pants in both cars.
desmophile (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Do you see the difference between your post and mine? Yours is entirely subjective. Mine while having some subjectivity is nowhere near as such and mostly objective.

What supercars ZR1 is beating “3X the price”? I want to know. Because it is being BEATEN by supercars “2X the price”.

It does 1/4 mile in 11.1/131 mph. And it has been clocked to have very close (in some cases identical) lap times in tracks to Z06. That 1/4 mile time is hardly supercar territory. Porsche’s 500hp GT cars post similar times. The track times are also hardly earth shattering, again some are very close to some cars that have much less hp.

1/4 times
track times
cost
weight

Mine isnt really an opinion, pull 100 people walking down the street who neither own corvette nor porsche or mclaren, present them this material and 99 of them will state what I did. You cant counter any of this instead you say things like “I owned this” “I owned that” “it feels like this” etc. You want to believe what YOU want to believe.
How's this...

NFGT = $500K
675LT = $450K
Aventador LP750-4 = $500K
918 Spyder = $1.5M (within .16 at Willow Springs)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

1/4 times
track times
cost
weight

So what is your purpose exactly on this forum? I asked this few days ago...still waiting. My social security will expire before I get an answer I guess?
desmophile (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lavender
So what is your purpose exactly on this forum? I asked this few days ago...still waiting. My social security will expire before I get an answer I guess?
Two guesses:

1. Summer break from junior high.
2. Gave up on trying to count to 11 with his pants down.
Lavender (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 05:21 PM
ilkSurfer
Instructor

Received 165 Likes on 92 Posts

Inside view starts at 11:00

Old 07-16-2018, 09:33 PM
C6Z06C6
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ilkSurfer

https://youtu.be/NU_5rl-si1A
WOW

That was really hard to watch. Doesn't the 720S have boost by gear?

A 720S with a tune is an absolute beast. I saw one trapping 180 in the half mile a while back.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilkSurfer

https://youtu.be/NU_5rl-si1A
Embarrassing.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:39 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Embarrassing.
Here is the only possible S720 for you I could find but still out of your price range!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 07-16-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZR1 ZTK vs 720S

Old 07-17-2018, 01:08 AM
eyedeekay
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

lol there is a reason why the 720s is called the hypercar killer, its almost on par with the Mclaren P1. the HP it produces is almost criminally underrated too. Zr1 has no chance here and at the track. Hopefully the Zora will kick the 720s *** .

Last edited by eyedeekay; 07-17-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Originally Posted by eyedeekay
lol there is a reason why the 720s is called the hypercar killer, its almost on par with the Mclaren P1. the HP it produces is almost criminally underrated too. Zr1 has no chance here and at the track. Hopefully the Zora will kick the 720s *** .
It wont
Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 AM
winstonc
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FikseGTS
the 720S is completely stock... 180 pounds is a size 2?
Was only trying to point put that there's more than meets the eye. I didn't know you had a passenger. I thought size 2 would be funny. Not trying to insult you or the car. I said you're a better racer than the young kid in the ZR1. If I could I would probably own one. Let see what the numbers are same track and same driver. Maybe Motor Trend at Willow Spring and Randy Pobst. I think a Viper was a little faster than the 720s at Willow Spring with Pobst driving. Again PLEASE don't think I'm putting down you or your car(s). I'd love to have any car in your garage. Again you have more experience racing than the ZR1 driver. Switch drivers same race it would be a lot closer.

P.S. Does anyone know how much less Rear Wheel Horsepower the ZR1 with an automatic has than the ZR1 with a stick?

Last edited by winstonc; 07-17-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quick Reply: C7 ZR1 ZTK vs 720S