C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:24 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
People, at this point, this ENTIRE thread is pure speculation. No one here owns a C7 ZR1...yet. So if you want this thread to continue, the personal jabs and attacks stop now.
Thanks, Steven.
I’d wager money that if we were meeting in person at a Corvette event, we’d be sharing compliments. It’d be great if we applied the same courtesy here.

Enjoy the C7 ZR1’s!!!

The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by AHP
How many showroom stock M7 ZR1's have run quicker than 10.664 @ 132.92MPH? How about quicker than 10.260 @ 135.35MPH with just a tire change?
Originally Posted by AHP
The figures I quoted were for the C6 ZR1..
Well familiar with what Kyle and Bruce ran in very favorable conditions...
Also Will Farmer ran similar numbers right out of the box.

C7 ZR hasn't been out long enough, very few who own them are tracking enough to get data.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:08 AM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 450 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by AHP
How many showroom stock M7 ZR1's have run quicker than 10.664 @ 132.92MPH? How about quicker than 10.260 @ 135.35MPH with just a tire change?
Try zero have had the opportunity in mineshaft conditions! Those C6ZR1 track times are so unrealistic for the typical C6ZR1 that they don't even warrant discussion...case in point....how many Dodge Demon's are running what Dodge advertises in mineshaft conditions....TRY ZERO!!! Let's get serious for a minute....would you be impressed with someone that took their motor and ran it on an engine dyno with mineshaft DA conditions just so that they could advertise about an extra 100 HP? I sure as hell wouldn't!

For a true head to head comparison it would be great to have an accurate Formula/Calculator that could normalize DA/Track Times for forced induction just like the Chassis/Engine Dyno has SAE correction factors for HP so that Track times could actually be compared with some level of reasonableness.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:58 AM
AHP
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm well aware of the conditions those runs were made in. I'm an avid drag racer and have several passes in my own ZR1 (among dozens of other cars of varying power levels), so I know what the car is and isn't capable of in varying conditions. Realistic DA or not, excellent track prep, etc.. doesn't change the fact those times were attained. You can apply whatever caveats make you feel better about it, but at the end of the day the timeslip is what matters. Until such time as an M7 ZR1 runs faster, in any conditions, the C6 ZR1 is still the 1/4 mile king.

I have my own opinions/suppositions on what these new cars should be running; the bench math is pretty simple...
Old 07-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Questar
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
People, at this point, this ENTIRE thread is pure speculation. No one here owns a C7 ZR1...yet. So if you want this thread to continue, the personal jabs and attacks stop now.
Steve, I own one (2019 C7 ZR1) so no speculation.

i don’t run drags but I do track the car (and the Z06 I had before it). I can say from first hand experience that my stock C7 ZR1 is faster on the road course (Mosport GP Track) than a C6 ZR1 that attends the same track days I do. I’m faster overall lap times... faster in the corner sections and definitely outpull him on the back straight.
DebRedZR1 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 01:58 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Questar

Steve, I own one (2019 C7 ZR1) so no speculation.

i don’t run drags but I do track the car (and the Z06 I had before it). I can say from first hand experience that my stock C7 ZR1 is faster on the road course (Mosport GP Track) than a C6 ZR1 that attends the same track days I do. I’m faster overall lap times... faster in the corner sections and definitely outpull him on the back straight.
According to UnhandledException, Forza has proven otherwise. I just hit 500 miles in my C7 ZR1 today, and have hated every one of them🤡
Old 07-29-2018, 02:05 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by ahp
i'm well aware of the conditions those runs were made in. I'm an avid drag racer and have several passes in my own zr1 (among dozens of other cars of varying power levels), so i know what the car is and isn't capable of in varying conditions. Realistic da or not, excellent track prep, etc.. Doesn't change the fact those times were attained. You can apply whatever caveats make you feel better about it, but at the end of the day the timeslip is what matters. Until such time as an m7 zr1 runs faster, in any conditions, the c6 zr1 is still the 1/4 mile king.

I have my own opinions/suppositions on what these new cars should be running; the bench math is pretty simple...
+1000
Old 07-29-2018, 02:17 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire

According to UnhandledException, Forza has proven otherwise. I just hit 500 miles in my C7 ZR1 today, and have hated every one of them🤡
Can we stop with the personal insults? I may disagree with many of you here but you will never see me insult a member the way you are insulting me. Just because we dont agree on a particular subject doesnt mean one of us has to start personally attacking the other side.

The reality is C6ZR1 has run faster 1/4 mile times than C7ZR1 M7. Until that changes, C6 is faster than C7 in straight line. Stop insulting me and either prove me wrong or just simply not respond.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:34 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by AHP
I'm well aware of the conditions those runs were made in. I'm an avid drag racer and have several passes in my own ZR1 (among dozens of other cars of varying power levels), so I know what the car is and isn't capable of in varying conditions. Realistic DA or not, excellent track prep, etc.. doesn't change the fact those times were attained. You can apply whatever caveats make you feel better about it, but at the end of the day the timeslip is what matters. Until such time as an M7 ZR1 runs faster, in any conditions, the C6 ZR1 is still the 1/4 mile king.
Right, if it makes you feel better rationalize any way you want. C7ZR right off hit a time that was obtained under exact perfect conditions by amazing drivers who made how many passes over time to obtain those numbers. Ok got it. I will be happy to let Kyle run my ZR in those exact same conditions anytime to see what numbers it pulls.

According to UnhandledException, Forza has proven otherwise. I just hit 500 miles in my C7 ZR1 today, and have hated every one of them��

Glenn, ummmmmm thinking aboutt cancelling my order, all my Friends with M7s are loving them > their previous Z/ZR but the haters
Sure feel sorry for Lingenfelters, they have three Zrs.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 07-29-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:03 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1

Glenn, ummmmmm thinking aboutt cancelling my order, all my Friends with M7s are loving them > their previous Z/ZR but the haters
Sure feel sorry for Lingenfelters, they have three Zrs.
I don’t think I’m the only one here waiting to see your opinions after yours arrives. It seems like forever that you have been waiting!😳. Something tells me you won’t be disappointed!!

As expected, it’s not bashful about gulping gas. Much like my McLaren, discretion is a must at the pump, or it can turn into a 45 minute pitstop. I’ve now gone to putting on an ape costume, so as to be less approachable.😂
Old 07-29-2018, 03:14 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

I don’t think I’m the only one here waiting to see your opinions after yours arrives. It seems like forever that you have been waiting!😳. Something tells me you won’t be disappointed!!

As expected, it’s not bashful about gulping gas. Much like my McLaren, discretion is a must at the pump, or it can turn into a 45 minute pitstop. I’ve now gone to putting on an ape costume, so as to be less approachable.😂
Hmmmmm do I need to get special attire to wear when driving/fueling the ZR?
I almost went McLaren!!!!! Your car history is impressive. But what do we know having actually drove different cars to compare? I keep asking everyone who has gone form C6ZR and or C7Z to a C7ZR would they go back................................ :> I will give you my honest thoughts as I did with the ZR and C7Z soon , very soon

Old 07-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException

Can we stop with the personal insults? I may disagree with many of you here but you will never see me insult a member the way you are insulting me. Just because we dont agree on a particular subject doesnt mean one of us has to start personally attacking the other side.

The reality is C6ZR1 has run faster 1/4 mile times than C7ZR1 M7. Until that changes, C6 is faster than C7 in straight line. Stop insulting me and either prove me wrong or just simply not respond.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:07 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Don't you troll children have anything better to do? Your glaring jealousy of the new king is ridiculous with your never ending stupid non fact based troll posts. Keep it up and it may land you time off.

Fact People who have ACTUALLY OWNED /Driven the C7ZR will confirm it is quicker in all aspects over the C6ZR AND C7Z

get over it. Read the Forum rules if you need something to do.

I'm curious, why do you have so much hate? No one here is trolling anything, they are simply asking questions/making statements and you don't like their questions/statements so you feel the need to threaten them with a ban. You do this a lot for some reason, as if it's a power trip or something. As a mod you need to relax a little and let people discuss things, even if you don't agree with it. Which you seem to have a hard time doing. You can ban me all you want saying that I don't care. Still doesn't change the fact that you need to chill out a little and would prove my point even more.

Now to the topic, I could care less which is faster. It would appear based on what I've seen in the 1/4 mile the c7 ZR1 is faster, however in the half mile and beyond it could be a toss up between the C7 ZR1 and C6 ZR1. Here is a video of the C7 Z06 vs C6 ZR1 too 300kmh which is about 186 mph. The C6 is over 10 seconds faster to that speed so the C7 ZR1 would have to make up time to accelerate as fast to 185mph. A lot of that is gearing and it would be interesting how fast the C7 ZR1 gets to that speed. Just because it has a 212mph top speed doesn't mean it get's there fast, the drag on it could be the difference maker.

Last edited by blb078; 07-29-2018 at 04:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by blb078:
Dave Kemp (11-27-2018), Rodbuster56 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 04:14 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I am highly offended. There is no C7 ZR1 on Forza.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:29 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

The reality is C6ZR1 has run faster 1/4 mile times than C7ZR1 M7. Until that changes, C6 is faster than C7 in straight line.
I watched numerous stock C7 Z06 A8 cars on stock tires run 10.4x at over 130 MPH at an Atco rental. I believe that is quicker than the stock C6 ZR1 record and the C7 ZR1 should be even quicker.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Says the Mustang guy who trolls the Corvette Forum, pissing on those of us who bought ZR1’s or are fans, by calling us Kool-Aid drinkers and citing inane YouTube and magazine blabber as fact. You made the choice to invite yourself here, solely for the purpose of trolling. As has been the case here for years, people will get tired of your BS and mods will hit the disappear button. Until then, watching you make enemies while digging your own grave here is amusing.

Because it’s apparently too complex to understand, let me make it perfectly clear:

1. The ZR1 wasn’t built for the drag strip, highway pulls or high school parking lots. It’s a GT style car, capable of driving extremely fast on the track and picking up your kid and his hockey equipment on the way home.
2. GM is in business to sell things. If there was enough of a market for a stripped track car they’d likely do it. But, the fickle among us (and especially those like you) would still find something to bitch about. It’s too expensive, parts are hard to get, it’s not fast enough, it needs AWD, my *** is too fat for the seat, but I can’t decide between this and the...blah, blah.
3. At a fraction of the price of its supercar rivals, while trying to appease it’s core customer base, GM has unapologetically delivered a phenomenal value. The $14K delta between my loaded C6 ZR1 and C7 ZR1...in SEVEN YEARS is a BARGAIN.
4. GM is listening to its base and is in the midst of pushing the envelope with a revolution to the Corvette line. Rest assured that when unveiled, the top performance version will be an par with anything the world can offer within a million bucks.
5. Roll races, digs and 1/4 mile times are ridiculous metrics for a circuit car. If you honestly believe a Huracan, R8, GT3RS, FGT, Demon, P100D, 488, Aventador, 570S (or 650S) is going to school a ZR1 on a circuit, you’re more clueless than you come off. At this level, it’s more about the driver than it is the car. You in a GT2RS, 720S or Performante would get destroyed running against any number of experienced track guys here...in your Mustang.
Leadfoot01 (07-31-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 06:15 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
I'm curious, why do you have so much hate? No one here is trolling anything, they are simply asking questions/making statements and you don't like their questions/statements so you feel the need to threaten them with a ban. You do this a lot for some reason, as if it's a power trip or something. As a mod you need to relax a little and let people discuss things, even if you don't agree with it. Which you seem to have a hard time doing. You can ban me all you want saying that I don't care. Still doesn't change the fact that you need to chill out a little and would prove my point even more.

Now to the topic, I could care less which is faster. It would appear based on what I've seen in the 1/4 mile the c7 ZR1 is faster, however in the half mile and beyond it could be a toss up between the C7 ZR1 and C6 ZR1. Here is a video of the C7 Z06 vs C6 ZR1 too 300kmh which is about 186 mph. The C6 is over 10 seconds faster to that speed so the C7 ZR1 would have to make up time to accelerate as fast to 185mph. A lot of that is gearing and it would be interesting how fast the C7 ZR1 gets to that speed. Just because it has a 212mph top speed doesn't mean it get's there fast, the drag on it could be the difference maker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWk3x-3WIE
Great example of what I am talking about. Here is another video showing how hard the C6 pulls once its rolling. And im sure if the C7 was a manual as well it would have been much worse of a beating. Even with a crappy slow shifting driver AND being a manual vs auto it still pulls like a train once it hits 3rd gear and gets traction. I would imagine this is about how a 2019 ZR1 would pull on a C7Z06, hence the reason I started this convo. Why are some people ESP (esp a mod..) getting so worked up over simple conversation? We all know the ZR1 C7 is a BADASS car esp for road racing, it would kill a C6 on that type of track. But I still stand by my word that so far ive seen videos of barely keeping up with a hurucan, losing pretty bad to a demon, getting SLAUGHTERED by a 720.

Then again, EVERYONE gets beat down by the 720 lol. But come on a hurucan AND a demon? The weight to HP ratio makes no sense with those battles ending up like that. I cant wait until someone does a drag race with a M7 version of both cars you guys are going to be disappointed just like I am. The C6ZR1 Killed the C6z06, I highly doubt the same would be said for the C7 same comparison. Obviously it will beat it, but not by much!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?

Old 07-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by blb078
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQWk3x-3WIE
It's actually laughable that you would post that video to argue your point. You have no idea the conditions, drivers, etc. when those runs were made. They weren't the same day, same road, same DA, same anything. You don't even know if the cars were stock or not. Just lol...
But yeah, I know, you're one of those experts.
S.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:34 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

i have an idea... why don't the C6 lover's hang out and talk about how much better the LAST generation corvette Z cars were in their own dedicated section? Hey Mods.. can you please PRETTY PLEASE... make a C6 Z06/ZR1 section for these members so we can STOP LIVING IN THE PAST ALREADY!

PS. it's funny to me about how much greater the C6 was (yes, i owned one for 3 years) vs the C7... I mean look at the comparison's of the C6 ZR times around any track in the world or standing quarter mile even half mile vs the C7 Z06...<<<<< (notice that's not a C7 ZR1??). it's amazing that GM could design a Z06 to BEAT the last gen's top dog.. so does anyone REALLY think that the next ZR1 wouldn't destroy a C6 ZR1? exactly... go to your own section and love you some old gen corvette.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:05 PM
nunii
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

My biggest gripe with the c7 z06 is weight..... I remember the c6 z06 beating all the super cars on roll races. I bought the c7 z06 last year and sold it 7 months later I felt the car was lacking something that the c6 has in spades character! The formula for corvette is just add more power too make up for the extra weight instead of finding ways to cut the fat!

Quick Reply: C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?