C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 10:27 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
It's actually laughable that you would post that video to argue your point. You have no idea the conditions, drivers, etc. when those runs were made. They weren't the same day, same road, same DA, same anything. You don't even know if the cars were stock or not. Just lol...
But yeah, I know, you're one of those experts.
S.
It's laughable that you think it's not. It's an example, would you like for me to explain what that means? However if the cars weren't stock don't you think the you tuber would have mentioned that? Even if the conditions where different it's not going to make up over 10 seconds. For all you know the conditions for the C6 could of been worse, then what would say, probably some b.s. like you just did. However having driven both of them you can tell the C7 Z06 is definitely lagging on the top end. But I guess you're going to argue that too, or that other people feel the same thing about the C7 Z06 top end. However common sense(that you seem to lack in this case) will tell you that the drag from the spliter, spoiler, and ground effects will limit the C7 Z06 on the top end. I guess you're going to argue the second video too made by the other poster.

I think it's funny that you're so upset over. Now I never said the c6 was faster but for some reason that is what you focus on. In fact I said in the 1/4 the c7 would be faster and in a half mile or beyond it may be close. You've done this before when I post you get all defensive for some reason, I don't know if it's some sort of jealousy or something but it's pretty funny that you do it. Keep hating, I happy you're a fan!

Are people discussing the very thing that the video shows are wrong too? https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eration-2.html But what's really laughable is that you posted some random comments arguing something with absolutely nothing to back it up other than feeling your own word is good enough. While I at least went out and put some sort of proof behind my comment.

Last edited by blb078; 07-29-2018 at 10:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rodbuster56 (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 10:50 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by blb078
It's laughable that you think it's not. It's an example, would you like for me to explain what that means? However if the cars weren't stock don't you think the you tuber would have mentioned that? Even if the conditions where different it's not going to make up over 10 seconds. For all you know the conditions for the C6 could of been worse, then what would say, probably some b.s. like you just did. However having driven both of them you can tell the C7 Z06 is definitely lagging on the top end. But I guess you're going to argue that too, or that other people feel the same thing about the C7 Z06 top end. However common sense(that you seem to lack in this case) will tell you that the drag from the spliter, spoiler, and ground effects will limit the C7 Z06 on the top end. I guess you're going to argue the second video too made by the other poster.

I think it's funny that you're so upset over. Now I never said the c6 was faster but for some reason that is what you focus on. In fact I said in the 1/4 the c7 would be faster and in a half mile or beyond it may be close. You've done this before when I post you get all defensive for some reason, I don't know if it's some sort of jealousy or something but it's pretty funny that you do it. Keep hating, I happy you're a fan!

Are people discussing the very thing that the video shows are wrong too? https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eration-2.html
LMFAO...jealousy? About what? That's actually more laughable than the video you posted (and the link with a handful of replies).
Yes, the other thread I engaged you in was one where you claimed that C7 Z06 owners who claimed to run 10's were lying about their cars being stock. Now, you're arguing that two unseen cars in a YouTube video of speedometers are stock because the "the you tuber would have mentioned" if they were modified.
S.
Lavender (07-30-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 11:16 PM
blb078
Racer

LMFAO...jealousy? About what? That's actually more laughable than the video you posted (and the link with a handful of replies).
Yes, the other thread I engaged you in was one where you claimed that C7 Z06 owners who claimed to run 10's were lying about their cars being stock. Now, you're arguing that two unseen cars in a YouTube video of speedometers are stock because the "the you tuber would have mentioned" if they were modified.
S.
Well go ahead and back up your claim with some data if you feel I'm wrong. Let's see here, the C6 ZR1 has 12 less hp, weighs less, has less drag than a C7 Z06 and you can't figure out why C6 ZR1 is faster on top end. Let's not let actual proof and data get in the way of your claim here, so go ahead big boy show me I'm wrong. You're one of those people that no matter what kind of proof is put in front of your face you're always going to deny it. Two videos and a thread about how the C6 is faster on the top end and you still can't accept it. And I didn't say that all C7 Z06 owners running in the 10s where lying, I've seen stock Z06's run in the 10s, however running low 10s that many claim is a bit of a stretch. I mean people racing their cars are always honest when talking about the times they run right?

Last edited by blb078; 07-29-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:22 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

S.
Isn’t there a button on YouTube requiring that a poster promise to be honest?😂.

I’m just pissed I didn’t consult YouTube before pulling the trigger. Maybe after I’m done searching Kama Sutra techniques, I’ll see if I can find vids providing tips on how to sell my ZR1.🤡
DebRedZR1 (07-30-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 11:29 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by nunii
My biggest gripe with the c7 z06 is weight..... I remember the c6 z06 beating all the super cars on roll races. I bought the c7 z06 last year and sold it 7 months later I felt the car was lacking something that the c6 has in spades character! The formula for corvette is just add more power too make up for the extra weight instead of finding ways to cut the fat!
This is why I went with the C6Z over the C7Z, granted in a year or so I want a C7Z. On the street the C6Z is bad to the bone. Then again if we compare stock vs stock the C7Z wins. C7Z vs an HCI is a different story, as the valve guide issue has had most C6Z's you see swap on fixed heads and then they decide to throw in a cam while they are at it lol.

I may be one of the few C6 guys that come in here and I do not come in to troll, so my C6 loving self will stay lol. Is everyone with a ZR1 unhappy with these street races? Yes. Does the ones who purchased the car for track duty care? No. We all are not so happy with the weight of the car, which is why this car suffers straight line (other than aero). To be honest a 36-3700lb car lapping a track as fast as the 720S, Performante, and GT2RS is impressive so for most straight line performance is an afterthought. I do wish they kept them lighter though, that is why the C6Z/ZR1 is still in the equation for straight line performance.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Well go ahead and back up your claim with some data if you feel I'm wrong. Let's see here, the C6 ZR1 has 12 less hp, weighs less, has less drag than a C7 Z06 and you can't figure out why C6 ZR1 is faster on top end. Let's not let actual proof and data get in the way of your claim here, so go ahead big boy show me I'm wrong. You're one of those people that no matter what kind of proof is put in front of your face you're always going to deny it. Two videos and a thread about how the C6 is faster on the top end and you still can't accept it. And I didn't say that all C7 Z06 owners running in the 10s where lying, I've seen stock Z06's run in the 10s, however running low 10s that many claim is a bit of a stretch. I mean people racing their cars are always honest when talking about the times they run right?
+1 There are tons of videos on C6 ZR1 outrunning the C7Z from a roll or through the half mile.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:22 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
+1 There are tons of videos on C6 ZR1 outrunning the C7Z from a roll or through the half mile.
Theres a stock C7Z that has ran 158.7mph in the standing 1/2 mile. Thats faster than a stock C6 ZR1. Try harder please lmao
Old 07-30-2018, 05:23 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes you did. Few times at that..
Old 07-30-2018, 08:13 AM
blb078
Racer

Originally Posted by Lavender
Yes you did. Few times at that..
Umm, no I didn't but hey you're entitled to you're own opinions even if they're wrong right?

And I did not insinuate that all people do that either which is the way you took it for some odd reason.
If you're referring to a C7 Z06, then no it's not "more than capable of running 10's". Under optimal conditions yes it's a high 10 second car(stock, with stock tires, etc) but optimal conditions is not the norm.
If you need 0 DA, negative DA, to achieve a time then you need optimal conditions to achieve that time. How often does 0 or negative DA happen on a day anyone is at a track? Yes a Z06 can run in the 10s but it's not the norm as previously stated. Majority of the time it's going to be an 11 second car not a 10 second car.
Maybe you need to re-read what I said " whether they have a tune, tires(depending on view)exhaust, etc because it's so easy to do to them or something as simple as putting MS109 in the tank." meaning that there are people who actually do this and claim to have stock cars. There's people who don't consider changing tires modifying the cars which it is. There's so many of this cars that run 11.0, 11.1, 11.2 then all of the sudden they run 10.6 or something. Do you really think these cars lose a half a second or more with nothing being done? Yes the car can runs 10s as I've stated many times but for some reason you aren't comprehending that. However the car typically runs in the low 11s. For every car that get's in to the 10s under optimal conditions there's 5-10 more that run 11s. If people think they are going to get a Z06 and go out and run 10 second passes every single time they're in for a surprise. It will run in the 11s a lot more than it will run in the 10s
Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

All the stats and vids in the world are pointless if a 10 sec car has a 12 sec driver which is often the case.
Get off the web, go line up& see for yourself

Guess hotrodding has evolved into typing about it not actually getting behind the wheel?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:41 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
All the stats and vids in the world are pointless if a 10 sec car has a 12 sec driver which is often the case.
Get off the web, go line up& see for yourself

Guess hotrodding has evolved into typing about it not actually getting behind the wheel?
This ^^^ Until same cars , with same drivers under EXACT conditions are compared some need to quit playing keyboard racing.....
Old 07-30-2018, 08:47 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

S.
My STOCK C7Z was quicker than my STOCK C6 ZR1 in the 1/4, 1/2 mile and track. Z06-quicker on the front end, C6ZR1 faster on the top end. This by an average driver (me) and #Driver mod under all different conditions. I'll report back on the C7ZR after it has been broken in and run the same way.
Until these wanna bes actually get out there and DRIVE said cars or compare actual drivers and conditions
Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 AM
blb078
Racer

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Z06-quicker on the front end, C6ZR1 faster on the top end.
This is pretty much what I've been saying this entire time, although some couldn't figure that out.

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Until these wanna bes actually get out there and DRIVE said cars or compare actual drivers and conditions
As a mod do you really feel the need to be name calling people? I get you're defensive about your ZR1 but if you're going to name call people maybe you should give yourself one of those vacations you always threat people with. Just because someone doesn't have a car and talks about it doesn't make them a "wanna be". If I wanted a ZR1 I would go out and buy one right now. It is a forum to talk about cars, good and bad.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:14 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

This is pretty much what I've been saying this entire time, although some couldn't figure that out.

As a mod do you really feel the need to be name calling people? I get you're defensive about your ZR1 but if you're going to name call people maybe you should give yourself one of those vacations you always threat people with. Just because someone doesn't have a car and talks about it doesn't make them a "wanna be". If I wanted a ZR1 I would go out and buy one right now. It is a forum to talk about cars, good and bad.
"Wanna bes" referring to people who spew misinformation/keyboard warriors , people who continuously start threads to troll. Follow the rules and no one should be worried about "vacations ". Maybe Mods are tired of cleaning up the hourly pissing matches by the same few who continue to start crap in every thread.
Glenn Quagmire (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:18 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

You guys need to stop the personal insults. Why is this so hard? Why can’t you defend your idea without getting nasty and personal? Why the hostility?

The response from the C7ZR1 owners in this case should be either:

- I am happy to meet with a C6 owner and lets put this debate to rest (i.e lets TRY TO prove the theory wrong)

OR

- Based on the information we have ON PAPER, the argument made here is plausible. Until someone proves it otherwise, there is no point of discussing this.

C6 is lighter, has much less drag, has put down 1/4 mile times that are better than what C7ZR1 has been able to do, even in A8 form, forget M7. Can a perfect run be made by C7 that does 135-136? I m sure, but reality is under average conditions with average drivers, they are so close, so close in fact people have every right to say after almost a DECADE, gm couldnt deliver a car that beats their own car in a straight line. $140,000 for this, is a tough pill to swallow.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:26 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
You guys need to stop the personal insults. Why is this so hard? Why can’t you defend your idea without getting nasty and personal? Why the hostility?

- I am happy to meet with a C6 owner and lets put this debate to rest (i.e lets TRY TO prove the theory wrong)

OR

- Based on the information we have ON PAPER, the argument made here is plausible. Until someone proves it otherwise, there is no point of discussing this.

C6 is lighter, has much less drag, has put down 1/4 mile times that are better than what C7ZR1 has been able to do, even in A8 form, forget M7. Can a perfect run be made by C7 that does 135-136? I m sure, but reality is under average conditions with average drivers, they are so close, so close in fact people have every right to say after almost a DECADE, gm couldnt deliver a car that beats their own car in a straight line. $140,000 for this, is a tough pill to swallow.
I HAVE said it more than once, When my M7 is delivered, I will let Kyle Lemish take it against any STOCK C6ZR in the 1/4. Then we can move on tho the Half Mile, full mile and road course, tires etc.

Tough pill to swallow LMAO, for the improvements the C7ZR offers I gladly am trading my C6ZR and C7Z as are many others so please don't speak for everyone.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 07-30-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:30 AM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,390 Likes on 682 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

An interesting thread. I have a '12 ZR1 that has made the 200+ MPH club at the Texas Mile, I love it, mostly, but am buying the new one not for better performance but for better creature comforts, like an auto, modern nav system and entertainment center, etc. If it is anywhere close to my Carly's performance, I am happy.
blb078 (07-30-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?

Old 07-30-2018, 09:46 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by mikelj
An interesting thread. I have a '12 ZR1 that has made the 200+ MPH club at the Texas Mile, I love it, mostly, but am buying the new one not for better performance but for better creature comforts, like an auto, modern nav system and entertainment center, etc. If it is anywhere close to my Carly's performance, I am happy.
Mike, did you get a TPW yet? Yeah C6ZR = a straight line monster, C7=technology and comforts as you state, plus enhanced acceleration. And louder exhaust lol
Old 07-30-2018, 12:56 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException

OR

There's a third option: go hangout on one of the many Mustang forums. You know nothing about owning nor racing these cars. In the grand scheme of life, nobody cares about running ZR1's in a straight line. The cars weren't built for that purpose. Period. So, as soon as you stop with the superfluous banter, the hostility you feel should be reduced.

PS - You ask why the hostility? Go over to Rennlist and shame people for owning the POS 918 that gets handled by the 720S...and see how many friends you make What we're all dying to know is...why do you care so much about the ZR1? Why come here to stir ****?
Old 07-30-2018, 01:05 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Jesus Christ people. Here you go:

C6 zr1 vs huracan
https://youtu.be/C70-hyOz0WQ

​​​​​​same huracan vs c7 zr1
https://youtu.be/5OLQclUav-M

Quick Reply: C6 ZR1 vs C7 ZR1?