C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Those who have and those who are going to

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:37 AM
Kinsale
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Those who have and those who are going to

Let me be the first to admit of scraping the bottom of the splitter only two days home. I can't tell when it happened or where it happened, but It is scrapped. I was able to buff 60 percent out, but extremely hard to get a jack underneath to lift the front enough to get a buffer on it. So, there you have it. Will buff more out when able to get it on a lift, which almost all of it will come out. It is not noticeable, but am I p----d. With that said, it's going to happen just hope you don't crack it.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:36 AM
zedbyers
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

i wish they made this thing out of cheap plastic. tear it up, and replace it as needed. no need for CF here, we aren’t professional racers that just go get a new one out of the truck and replace it.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

it's relatively easy to wear through it if you scrape it a lot and then you end up with jagged pieces of CF and a hole on the underside of the splitter. I ended up putting some black duct tape to cover the hole until I can get a new splitter. It was an issue with the Z06 too but just the leading edge was CF and the undertray that met up with the splitter was plastic. With the ZR1 the carbon fiber wraps around and under the splitter which means it does a lot more damage.

Luckily I've only had issues with rubbing at one track. Just got some pictures last night from that event.

The following 4 users liked this post by Poor-sha:
DebRedZR1 (08-05-2018), ilkSurfer (08-05-2018), Racerdj (08-05-2018), Telepierre (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
it's relatively easy to wear through it if you scrape it a lot and then you end up with jagged pieces of CF and a hole on the underside of the splitter. I ended up putting some black duct tape to cover the hole until I can get a new splitter. It was an issue with the Z06 too but just the leading edge was CF and the undertray that met up with the splitter was plastic. With the ZR1 the carbon fiber wraps around and under the splitter which means it does a lot more damage.

Luckily I've only had issues with rubbing at one track. Just got some pictures last night from that event.

Stunning pictures!
The following users liked this post:
Kinsale (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 09:12 AM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Poor-sha

Awesome pictures...
The following users liked this post:
customryder (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Kinsale
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Those are some awesome pictures, great photography. All four wheels off the ground is just plain cool. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinsale
Those are some awesome pictures, great photography. All four wheels off the ground is just plain cool. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, those pics are fantastic.
Maybe Tadge would like one for GM/Chevrolet marketing.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Sean those are awesome pics!

How did the car feel going airborne?
Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 AM
sammyv
Drifting

Received 183 Likes on 140 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Newton06
Sean those are awesome pics!

How did the car feel going airborne?
Very drama free. The biggest concern is that there is a curve leading up to the crest so I typically left the ground pointed off track to the right. You need to trust that you have enough track width to turn back to the left after you touch down and don't land with the wheels turned.

I'll create a separate thread for these pics so I don't derail the OPs post any further. It was just too cool not to share.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinsale
Let me be the first to admit of scraping the bottom of the splitter only two days home. I can't tell when it happened or where it happened, but It is scrapped. I was able to buff 60 percent out, but extremely hard to get a jack underneath to lift the front enough to get a buffer on it. So, there you have it. Will buff more out when able to get it on a lift, which almost all of it will come out. It is not noticeable, but am I p----d. With that said, it's going to happen just hope you don't crack it.
Has a source for a less costly splitter been marketed/found so as to remove the factory splitter for storage?

Get notified of new replies

To Those who have and those who are going to

Quick Reply: Those who have and those who are going to