C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Stock ZR1 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:25 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizz
Useless comparison. Put the same builds up against each other. Unmodified ZR1 A8 on Sport cups versus unmodified Z06 A8 on Sport cups. No way the Z06 wins.
that's a no brainer. This comparison would have been a disaster had it been M7 ZR v A8 Z06. And that one is coming mark my words. The thread will be locked within......3 pages I would the over under at lol.

the ZR1 is not a different car than the Z06... just like the Z06 and GS are identical underneath Sans gearing and converter for autos and the power output. Same car..

ZR1 is a better version of the Z06 as the Z06 was the better version of a stingray (if better is more powerful, handles better stops quicker etc etc)

much different scenario last generation when it went from NA to FI... putting a bigger blower on and adding the injections system was great. Wish they went twin turbo but obviously that's in reserve for the ME.....

just a funny story of a superior car with superior trans vs the inferior to both. And people trying to justify the outcome of the ZR1 winning (because it should like it surprised anyone)

line up the A8 Z06 v the M7 ZR. That's the one I'm dying to watch knowing what we now know. Especially on the street. I'm convinced the quickest combo on stock rubber with these cars is a nine stock Z06 A8.. I put a CAI on my car and added can of race gas (brings octane yo about 98 or so) and I couldn't get within .5 to 60 in better conditions on same surface I could when car was bone stock.. and I went back to stage I read stage II front. These cars are maxed out on stock rubber in street from the Z06 A8 in late 14...
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Pizz
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
that's a no brainer. This comparison would have been a disaster had it been M7 ZR v A8 Z06. And that one is coming mark my words. The thread will be locked within......3 pages I would the over under at lol.

the ZR1 is not a different car than the Z06... just like the Z06 and GS are identical underneath Sans gearing and converter for autos and the power output. Same car..

ZR1 is a better version of the Z06 as the Z06 was the better version of a stingray (if better is more powerful, handles better stops quicker etc etc)

much different scenario last generation when it went from NA to FI... putting a bigger blower on and adding the injections system was great. Wish they went twin turbo but obviously that's in reserve for the ME.....

just a funny story of a superior car with superior trans vs the inferior to both. And people trying to justify the outcome of the ZR1 winning (because it should like it surprised anyone)

line up the A8 Z06 v the M7 ZR. That's the one I'm dying to watch knowing what we now know. Especially on the street. I'm convinced the quickest combo on stock rubber with these cars is a nine stock Z06 A8.. I put a CAI on my car and added can of race gas (brings octane yo about 98 or so) and I couldn't get within .5 to 60 in better conditions on same surface I could when car was bone stock.. and I went back to stage I read stage II front. These cars are maxed out on stock rubber in street from the Z06 A8 in late 14...
Agreed. As a non-racer, I am interested to see how much you need to spend on mods on a Z06 to get close to the ZR1 straight line pull performance. I get that you won't get the cooling or cornering performance improvements that come with more radiators, a bigger wing and wider tires, but those are predominately racetrack advantages. Most of us don't go there.

I'd like to see a stock A8 ZR1 up against an A8 Z06 with CAI and cat delete x-pipe. I wouldn't bet on the Z06, just want to see the results.

Last edited by Pizz; 08-20-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:31 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Been on this forum since it's inception in some way, shape, or form, and these comparisons amaze me. Both are great cars, but the ZR1 is better/faster.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:35 AM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

I just with that ZR1 blower would fit under the Z06 hood. That's the big advantage right there.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Imho. Having seen what my buddy's Z06 runs with just a 2300 swap headers pulley on pump gas (9.73 @140) I would say all you need is the 2300 to be neck and neck Z06 v ZR1. Obviously, the ZR1 is overbuilt but it's also "undertuned". So a tu ed 2300 Z06 should be able to run quicker in most circumstances given the parameters tuners will work within vs GM for obvious reasons.

tuning a ZR1? Completely different story. But that's not looking good right now.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 08-21-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock ZR1 vs Z06