C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Getting a tad bit frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 04:22 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Getting a tad bit frustrated

Dealer stated that my allocation didn't get picked up. Anyone know of any dealers who have allocations ready to be picked up please let me know. I seem to keep missing people posting up about allocations dealers have that need to be filled asap. Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Jack-TX
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

I feel your pain! I ordered my ZR1 in Jan, rumors are it will not be built until Q4 for the 2019 model year, not sure if Q4 for GM is Oct/Nov/Dec or Jan/Feb/Mar? Whatever, its very frustrating. Not sure how yours would not be "picked up?," I thought dealers were given a specific allocation of ZR1s? I think you will be able to pick one up for MSRP off the showroom or even used with very low mileage, I have seen several already for sale below or at MSRP. but it wouldn't be to your exact order spec (more than likely.) Keep the faith.
The following users liked this post:
D'ZR1 Messiah (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 05:55 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Jack-TX
I feel your pain! I ordered my ZR1 in Jan, rumors are it will not be built until Q4 for the 2019 model year, not sure if Q4 for GM is Oct/Nov/Dec or Jan/Feb/Mar? Whatever, its very frustrating. Not sure how yours would not be "picked up?," I thought dealers were given a specific allocation of ZR1s? I think you will be able to pick one up for MSRP off the showroom or even used with very low mileage, I have seen several already for sale below or at MSRP. but it wouldn't be to your exact order spec (more than likely.) Keep the faith.
Q4 for ZR build is Dec/Jan/Feb. Dealers were given specific number of allocations in November, they should also have an idea in which Q they get how many of those allocations. Some Dealers are getting extra allocations, or people are backing out of sales etc. Keep checking and check your messages. Doesn't hurt to get on a few lists.
I'll check around again too. This allocation thing is
The following users liked this post:
D'ZR1 Messiah (08-23-2018)
Old 08-23-2018, 10:05 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by Jack-TX
Thanks Jack. I'm wanting something pretty specific and there are a couple things I'm not budging on. Additionally I really want the Ron Fellows deal as well. It's the luck of the draw I know..I just need to remain patient. My time will come...still super frustrating though!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:03 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

I know of two in our area that still have allocations. Whatever you do stay away from that guy up in Ohio!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Anthony D'Aloisio
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

You have to stay on top as mentioned already. Sprinkled my name all over town even with an allocation locked in Feb 18 and received two calls from two different dealers trying to push a unspoken car which resulted in collecting on for my brother in law who was in your same boat! Good luck and God bless your journey!
Old 08-24-2018, 08:11 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
I know of two in our area that still have allocations. Whatever you do stay away from that guy up in Ohio!
I hope you're not speaking of my man Rick Conti. He's a good dude and one I consider a great friend. So yeah...that's not gonna happen.

Also, do those guys have allocations that are gonna get picked up soon?

Last edited by D'ZR1 Messiah; 08-24-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:12 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by Anthony D'Aloisio
You have to stay on top as mentioned already. Sprinkled my name all over town even with an allocation locked in Feb 18 and received two calls from two different dealers trying to push a unspoken car which resulted in collecting on for my brother in law who was in your same boat! Good luck and God bless your journey!
Thanks brother! I appreciate it!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Your frustration is completely warranted. You'd think they could come up with a better system of allocation other than getting one's hopes up only to leave them hanging for months on end. Just gotta hang in there I guess.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:51 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Q4 for ZR build is Dec/Jan/Feb. Dealers were given specific number of allocations in November, they should also have an idea in which Q they get how many of those allocations. Some Dealers are getting extra allocations, or people are backing out of sales etc. Keep checking and check your messages. Doesn't hurt to get on a few lists.
I'll check around again too. This allocation thing is
I wish it was as clear cut as that. We received an "estimated number to build" over the course of the whole run. Our number was 5 and as of now we haven't even had the second one built or any confirmation on when the other ones will fall in line. To say the "allocation" process on the ZR1 is frustrating is an understatement. It's baffling to me they'd allow a shop that can only build 40 pieces of the carbon goodies per month to handle that process.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:02 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Yes, I contacted him via email, text, phone, to be his #1 allocation back when he didn't even have a list for ZR1 allocations & he said he would put me in a "ZR1" folder that when he started his list he would contact me about being his #1 allocation. He's fake, be aware!

The two local dealership you'd have to contact them to find out when their allocations would get pulled if you were to put your order in with them.

Originally Posted by D'ZR1 Messiah
I hope you're not speaking of my man Rick Conti. He's a good dude and one I consider a great friend. So yeah...that's not gonna happen.

Also, do those guys have allocations that are gonna get picked up soon?
Old 08-24-2018, 11:09 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

The dealership I have my order with has six allocations. They got their first ZR1 back in April / May, Im their number two allocation and mine didn't get pulled till the end of July with a TPW in Oct. So yea the process is a little blotched but I'm happy that Im getting a car finally!!!!!

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I wish it was as clear cut as that. We received an "estimated number to build" over the course of the whole run. Our number was 5 and as of now we haven't even had the second one built or any confirmation on when the other ones will fall in line. To say the "allocation" process on the ZR1 is frustrating is an understatement. It's baffling to me they'd allow a shop that can only build 40 pieces of the carbon goodies per month to handle that process.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:05 PM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,391 Likes on 683 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

Mine has been sitting since late December, 2017. Nothing yet either. This is common I think. It is a very random process.

Last edited by mikelj; 08-24-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

My dealer was up front from jump street and told me that they didn't think they'd get an allocation. Since that time, I've inquired from a few others, but am still waiting for an opportunity to place an order. Good luck man. I'm sure it'll happen.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting a tad bit frustrated

Quick Reply: Getting a tad bit frustrated