C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Modded ZR1 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 07:13 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

This is literally like our politicians picking and choosing which news channels they want to allow in because not everyone agrees with their agenda. So I am a troll for pointing out failures and weaklinks and not drinking the corvette koolaid?
Old 08-29-2018, 11:05 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
UnhandledException: Thanked once per 6.34 of his posts, on average.
You: Thanked once per 22 of your posts, on average.
Hmmm......
Birds of a feather hang together! You know your a lost cause when WF is the one man rescue squad.
Knocking any creditability that maybe UE had left!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:33 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
This is literally like our politicians picking and choosing which news channels they want to allow in because not everyone agrees with their agenda. So I am a troll for pointing out failures and weaklinks and not drinking the corvette koolaid?
The Ford GT starts at 400,000 and can you get for that? No. Then you are talking about agenda? Because it should beat the ZR1 since it is a ground up new model sports car made to compete with exotics..
Where the Corvette is an extension of the C7 to Z06 to ZR1 which sells for 123k bare bones. Tells us the Corvette is the better bargain since you already said they trap the same.
Showing you are just as we all suspect a troll driving a Mustang with an agenda trying to be somebody!
Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 AM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

200 lbs is a lot of weight? Did you guys skip basic algebra in school? ZR1 has way more power than GT in terms of power to weight. ZR1 needs only 685 hp but it has 755 stock and this driver with his second cat delete and custom X pipe easily picked up another 20-25hp which means ZR1 has 100hp on FGT if they had equal weight.

There is no “this” or “that” excuse on this one. FGT is just a better car, period. Be it its DCT, better aero, better putting power down (still a ton of power for RWD, but doesnt spin rear wheels corvette style), better chassis, better engine response, better power curve. Its not all about numbers. Sometimes you just shouldnt come up with excuses and digest the loss like a grown up and move on.
Get off your soapbox. One is a homologated race car, the other is a modified $60K Chevy often specced with chrome wheels. No one is arguing that the ZR1 is a superior car.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:27 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Birds of a feather hang together! You know your a lost cause when WF is the one man rescue squad.
Knocking any creditability that maybe UE had left!
Rescuing what???
Your claim was
Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
No one single poster values anything he says! Total waste of space!
I furnished statistics to the contrary, which even suggested that his posts are more valued than yours. Did that little bit of reality hurt your widdle ego?

Last edited by Warp Factor; 08-30-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:23 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

You guys dont even get my point. FGT weighs 3400 lbs and has 640 hp. ZR1 weighs 3600 (best case) and in stock form makes 755 hp (but we all know it makes much more than that, a few threads below we have a stock dyno of 697 whp, but WHATEVER.... not going with that). For apples to apples comparison, ZR1 would only need 680 hp to compete with FGT (basic math). In this particular video, the owner has secondary cats delete and X pipe, again easily his car makes over 780hp.

My point is, ZR1 needs an extra 100hp to stay even with FGT. This may be a personal choice but to me adding massive amounts of power to a car but not actually “innovating” in a true sense so that the extra power makes up for the shortcomings of the rest of the car (weight, chassis, drag, lack of traction, weight distribution, etc) is not really a bargain. They could make the ZR1 1,200 hp in which case it would be even with veyron. Thats a very ugly solution to me. Hardly elegant and not exciting.

Now Z06, yet another corvette, is truly a bargain and I have nothing against it. You can have one for HALF price of a ZR1, spend 10k and it will be even with FGT if not beat it as well. I just dont think this $140,000 heavy car with a massive supercharger is something to brag about.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

You guys dont even get my point. FGT weighs 3400 lbs and has 640 hp. ZR1 weighs 3600 (best case) and in stock form makes 755 hp (but we all know it makes much more than that, a few threads below we have a stock dyno of 697 whp, but WHATEVER.... not going with that). For apples to apples comparison, ZR1 would only need 680 hp to compete with FGT (basic math). In this particular video, the owner has secondary cats delete and X pipe, again easily his car makes over 780hp.

My point is, ZR1 needs an extra 100hp to stay even with FGT. This may be a personal choice but to me adding massive amounts of power to a car but not actually “innovating” in a true sense so that the extra power makes up for the shortcomings of the rest of the car (weight, chassis, drag, lack of traction, weight distribution, etc) is not really a bargain. They could make the ZR1 1,200 hp in which case it would be even with veyron. Thats a very ugly solution to me. Hardly elegant and not exciting.
I think it's cool, how far they have been able to take the pushrod engine, while continuing to meet emissions standards, and keeping the cost vastly below that of the Ford GT. This required no small amount of innovation, and has its own sort of elegance.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:45 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Nothing better to do obviously 🙄
Old 08-30-2018, 10:34 AM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1

Nothing better to do obviously 🙄
LOL I was thinking the same thing! I hardly have time to read his moronic posts, I can’t imagine spending the time he does on a forum for a car I could only dream of owning. Maybe that’s it... he’s a secret ZR1 fanboy but can’t get one so he tries his best to tear us all down out of jealousy.
The following users liked this post:
Glenn Quagmire (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 12:36 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver

LOL I was thinking the same thing! I hardly have time to read his moronic posts, I can’t imagine spending the time he does on a forum for a car I could only dream of owning. Maybe that’s it... he’s a secret ZR1 fanboy but can’t get one so he tries his best to tear us all down out of jealousy.
Ford and the Mustang have had there *** handed to them since 1992 by the Corvette. Some Little Mustang owners hate this fact and will troll till there little fingers are too weak to type!
SInce they have no Mustangs to compete with the Corvette's. They jump on this one race to try trash the Corvette. When real world races in the 1/4 mile with tire like FARMERS example would slay the FGT making them go crazy.
The roll races were not real fair since the FGT really took off sooner than the Zr1 everytime. Plus the ZR1 is only one example and this one doesn't seem like the best example.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 08-30-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Roll ons away some of the cubic inch torque advantage the ZR1 has in "off the dig" race. Since the turbo boost and rpm are up in the smaller engine. I did think the GT's active rear wing was very cool.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:39 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

Now Z06, yet another corvette, is truly a bargain and I have nothing against it. You can have one for HALF price of a ZR1, spend 10k and it will be even with FGT if not beat it as well. I just dont think this $140,000 heavy car with a massive supercharger is something to brag about.

Since you like to reference American politics so much....

So now you want to hate on the ZR1 for not being "innovative". The ZR1 is not meant to be "innovative". It is the culmination of the tech advancements and the capacity of the C7 platform since its debut in 2013. The C8 will be plenty innovative and at a price point the ME world has never seen. I guess by your logic, any new model has to have some groundbreaking tech... remind us again what your mustang has in that area?

Your continuous comments of the ZR1 failing to be a bargain are truly laughable as you use a car 3x the price with the same results as an example...

Quick Reply: Modded ZR1 vs Ford GT