C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Another ZR1 on the streets in VA

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default Another ZR1 on the streets in VA

I was both pleased and surprised to see one of my fav engineer buddies buy a new 7 spd orange ZR-1 and it's on the streets.

This gent is a died in the wool porsche owner and hard core racer so I was expecting a new GT2 for him. He went down that path and got frustrated with the Porsche dealer and ended up with a ZR-1

I can't wait for break in, we'll be seeing some local numbers and experiences of driving the new ZR-1 soon.

it's great to see the new ZR-1 hitting the street and talking to the owners. Amazing machine and ready to rock. I hope to get some comparison numbers to a c7 SC757 soon!!
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (10-10-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:23 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

I see you're in Alexandria...I live in Reston. I wonder if he was the person at Katie's in Great Falls this past weekend that I saw pictures of. I'm still waiting on my car to get picked up. I've had my order in since February.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 09-17-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:35 PM
1FastMo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep telling him to get an account for the forum.......

Old 09-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Hopefully I'll see him around.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow, a lot of peeps out in NOVA, I'm out in Loudoun County. My TPW is October 15th. Hopefully I will get the pleasure of meeting all of you.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:05 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Wow, a lot of peeps out in NOVA, I'm out in Loudoun County. My TPW is October 15th. Hopefully I will get the pleasure of meeting all of you.
Nice...I'm still waiting for mine to get picked up by GM. We'll all have to get together one of these days in a central location.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:49 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

It's gotta get picked up soon. I believe 2019 ZR-1 production year is from March to March. I should of been one of the first to get their car if that guy in Ohio kept his word. For sure bro, we can all hit up a cars & coffee or something.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:09 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
It's gotta get picked up soon. I believe 2019 ZR-1 production year is from March to March. I should of been one of the first to get their car if that guy in Ohio kept his word. For sure bro, we can all hit up a cars & coffee or something.
Yeah...that's correct on the time frame. I've at least verified early on that my dealership has an allocation so not worried in that regard. Yeah...would be cool to do a Cars and Coffee together.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:38 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
I was both pleased and surprised to see one of my fav engineer buddies buy a new 7 spd orange ZR-1 and it's on the streets.

This gent is a died in the wool porsche owner and hard core racer so I was expecting a new GT2 for him. He went down that path and got frustrated with the Porsche dealer and ended up with a ZR-1

I can't wait for break in, we'll be seeing some local numbers and experiences of driving the new ZR-1 soon.

it's great to see the new ZR-1 hitting the street and talking to the owners. Amazing machine and ready to rock. I hope to get some comparison numbers to a c7 SC757 soon!!
Hey Ron, It's D. We met at Katie's a few months back and spoke about my ZR1 order as well as some drone talk. Glad for finally notice your name and posts on here.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

He brought it to Dulles Landing C&C yesterday (7-9 AM Sundays). Sweet ride. Hasn't hit the 500 mile mark yet due to the rain we've been having here.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:59 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Some of those guys get there at 6am. Funny thing is I thought of going up there yesterday.

Originally Posted by Co-Vette
He brought it to Dulles Landing C&C yesterday (7-9 AM Sundays). Sweet ride. Hasn't hit the 500 mile mark yet due to the rain we've been having here.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:50 PM
3-Pedals
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello All!

I have been having a blast just learning the car, adjusting to the different feel and size (it's big), and playing with all of the technology at my finger tips (I am used to a far more primitive driving experience in my "other" cars - 1FastMo knows!). It truly is an amazing machine and every time I get behind the wheel, I am in awe that the lawyers at GM let them build it! With this being the first rain free weekend in over a month, I drove aimlessly around all weekend just enjoying the experience and adding 250 miles to the clock. Up to just over 475 miles so far and will be going out to get the spec oil and a filter this week so I will be ready for the 500 mile oil change. Really looking forward to getting rid of that 3500 rpm redline!!!

After doing the engine build at the plant, taking delivery at the Museum, and thoroughly enjoying every second of the past 475 miles (even the miles in the rain), I couldn't be happier with my first Vette! I admit that I can sometimes be found just sitting in it in the garage - cracks my wife up! Absolutely love it and absolutely no regrets! I don't care what the magazines say - this is one incredible car and I will never sell it!
Old 10-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Co-Vette
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, hope the rain holds off and we see you and the ZR1 at more NoVA gatherings before it gets cold here and the tires won't cooperate.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Hello All!

I have been having a blast just learning the car, adjusting to the different feel and size (it's big), and playing with all of the technology at my finger tips (I am used to a far more primitive driving experience in my "other" cars - 1FastMo knows!). It truly is an amazing machine and every time I get behind the wheel, I am in awe that the lawyers at GM let them build it! With this being the first rain free weekend in over a month, I drove aimlessly around all weekend just enjoying the experience and adding 250 miles to the clock. Up to just over 475 miles so far and will be going out to get the spec oil and a filter this week so I will be ready for the 500 mile oil change. Really looking forward to getting rid of that 3500 rpm redline!!!

After doing the engine build at the plant, taking delivery at the Museum, and thoroughly enjoying every second of the past 475 miles (even the miles in the rain), I couldn't be happier with my first Vette! I admit that I can sometimes be found just sitting in it in the garage - cracks my wife up! Absolutely love it and absolutely no regrets! I don't care what the magazines say - this is one incredible car and I will never sell it!
Great initial review!
Thank you for sharing and welcome!

Enjoy GM’s King.

And enjoy the Spring Mountain experience when you set that up.

Last edited by Vernon; 10-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:47 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Hello All!

3-Pedals welcome! I'm in Northern Va as well. I get to Katie's every so often but will a bit more as I just got my TPW for my ZR1. There are others in the area that will be receiving those shortly. Will be pretty kick *** if we can all meet up one of these days and just sit and talk car talk! Welcome!
Old 10-03-2018, 01:16 PM
3-Pedals
Intermediate

Thanks for all of the welcome notes! I too am looking forward to meeting fellow ZR1'ers here in NoVA. Congrats D'ZR! Messiah on finally getting your TPW. It is when all of the frustration of not knowing anything turns into excitement.....and then the longest 8 weeks of the year! I've had my Z for a month now and still kinda can't believe it's is in the garage (I check often just to be sure its really there!).

Vernon, I'm already signed up and approved for Spring Mountain - will be there the 1st week of December - would not miss that opportunity for anything. Got my 3-Pedal equipped school Z reserved!

Once mine is clear-wrapped, I'm heading to a few of my favorite tracks for some laps. Will be interesting to compare it to what I normally run as it couldn't be a more different machine.

Thanks again and hope to meet you guys soon!
D'ZR1 Messiah (10-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for all of the welcome notes! I too am looking forward to meeting fellow ZR1'ers here in NoVA. Congrats D'ZR! Messiah on finally getting your TPW. It is when all of the frustration of not knowing anything turns into excitement.....and then the longest 8 weeks of the year! I've had my Z for a month now and still kinda can't believe it's is in the garage (I check often just to be sure its really there!).

Vernon, I'm already signed up and approved for Spring Mountain - will be there the 1st week of December - would not miss that opportunity for anything. Got my 3-Pedal equipped school Z reserved!

Once mine is clear-wrapped, I'm heading to a few of my favorite tracks for some laps. Will be interesting to compare it to what I normally run as it couldn't be a more different machine.

Thanks again and hope to meet you guys soon!
Congrats again and hopefully I'll see you around. Let me know when you're heading to the track and I'll try to join you.

Get notified of new replies

To Another ZR1 on the streets in VA

Old 10-09-2018, 12:41 PM
3-Pedals
Intermediate

Default Old & New!

Went to the Leesburg C & C on Sunday and got caught in light rain again (my Z is a rain magnet).....Turned into a nice day with some great cars! Was pretty cool to see the contrast between the earlier ZR1 and the current car. Couldn't resist posting a few pics.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Where is there a Leesburg C&C? I might have to come out for that.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 AM
3-Pedals
Intermediate

Every Sunday morning from 9-11 at Dog Money Restaurant at 50 Catoctin Circle NE.
Poor-sha (10-11-2018)

Quick Reply: Another ZR1 on the streets in VA