C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Is March the end of the C7 ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:44 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
My dear Punky. For a guy that doesn't even own a Corvette is amazes me that you hang our on the ZR1 forum spreading your fertilizer. Tell me - what is sitting in your driveway that you are using to establish today's standards?

Thank you sir. Inquiring minds want to know...
Go a little easier on the guy. He obviously has too much spare time on his hands and is suffering from Corvette envy and withdrawal. That, along with a severe case of stage 4 rectal- cranial inversion.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:28 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER
Go a little easier on the guy. He obviously has too much spare time on his hands and is suffering from Corvette envy and withdrawal. That, along with a severe case of stage 4 rectal- cranial inversion.
Agreed... Problem solved on my end Rob with the click of a check-box.

Cheers - Kev
The following users liked this post:
2019 ZR1 (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 11:22 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

That would be a NO on the "Corvette envy" as I have owned many of them and likely more than you have and it does seem to matter to you. That would also be a YES to the "withdrawal" as I really do miss my last Corvette which was a C7 Z06, currently shopping for another. You are 50% right and 50% wrong there sir with your judgments about me. LOL!
Old 01-28-2019, 11:27 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

The title of the thread is .......... Please let’s keep things on track here. Debate your personal issues all you want via PMs.
‘Thanks. Now back to is March the end of the ZR.
The following 3 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
2019 ZR1 (01-28-2019), Repo Pilot (01-28-2019), tooold2race (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 11:33 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
The title of the thread is .......... Please let’s keep things on track here. Debate your personal issues all you want via PMs.
I'd like to know if 2019 will be the last of the C7s.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:21 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
I can't believe we don't have an answer to this already, it is almost February! Originally, I was expecting GM to make an announcement by early January, but that didn't happen. In fact, no allocation was given past February. That's highly unusual and inconsiderate of GM towards its dealer partners and their customers.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:17 PM
txoutdoors
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
In fact, no allocation was given past February.
Is this still the case? How can this be confirmed?

If I understand correctly - no more allocations past this week?
Old 01-28-2019, 04:43 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

The delay of the ME may have something to do with it, however, The General should be more forthcoming with plans.
range96 (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:03 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
My dear Punky. For a guy that doesn't even own a Corvette is amazes me that you hang our on the ZR1 forum spreading your fertilizer. Tell me - what is sitting in your driveway that you are using to establish today's standards?

Thank you sir. Inquiring minds want to know...
Originally Posted by punky
That would be a NO on the "Corvette envy" as I have owned many of them and likely more than you have and it does seem to matter to you. That would also be a YES to the "withdrawal" as I really do miss my last Corvette which was a C7 Z06, currently shopping for another. You are 50% right and 50% wrong there sir with your judgments about me. LOL!
No judgment here "doc." I am not in a position to judge anyone, nor are you. Just my unqualified opinion based upon reading the your numerous posts in this forum and more recently this thread. Pretty sure most everyone in CF knows you have asserted your wide range of knowledge on "all things Corvette" based upon claimed prior ownership of two used and eight "newly purchased" Corvettes. My point was everyone should go easier on you because after having claimed previous owniership of all those Corvettes (I'm so impressed), you must have all this extra time to envy those of us who are actually able to currently enjoy ours. I am honored that you have proclaimed me 50% right (I assume correct) but I certainly can't hold a candle to the likes of you who is always 100% correct in spewing all the vitriol you have in this forum. You are again correct in the pronouncement that you have owned "likely more than I have" (Corvettes). I don't know why you think I give a damn about what or how many "whatever" you may have owned. Your repugnant ripostes back and forth with numerous other forum members, over periods of time, makes it obvious to me (IMO) that you are a loathsome disagreeable person. You are prone to embellish your perceived superiority over others. Apparantly, the foundation for your feelings of "Corvette" superiority derive from the claimed ownership of ten previous Corvettes. In the past, you have expressed criticism toward CF members owning C4s and their vehicles, stating you would not have a C4. You made these statements after having admitted elsewhere in the forum to ownership of three C4s yourself. Others too have questioned why you often contradict, demean and insult those of us in the forum's ZR1 section who are genuinely interested in a positive productive discussion of this particular model. You have a perfect right to speak out on any subject. We have a perfect right to question your qualifications, motives and intentions and for behaving in the manner which you do. Having a profile background as a physician you should remember that oath regarding "first do no harm." I am surprised, as you continue in your process of procuring another Corvette, you don't spend more of your extra time besieging forums for the various Bavarian and British models. After all, that's more befitting a person with such a lofty station in life. I for one would welcome the relief from your personal snipes and insults. You are now reaping what you have sown throughout this forum.The propensity to position yourself as an adversary to so many CF members has rightfully earned you a position on many an "ignore" list. This is now my choice too.

What the heck, since this is the last opportunity to communicate, I will reach to your level. Not that you really care about others opinions, being far superior because your alleged Corvette purchase history including three C4s in the past. I have just purchased the 51st new Chevrolet, since 1988, from my local dealership, the Dealer Principal who was just selected the Time Dealer of the Year. My claims can be verified there. After my first 1969 427 L71 427 Convertible bought in the 1970's, I took a performance vehicle break to pursue a career, raise then educate four children through college. I resumed buying Corvettes and performance cars after retiremnt. Since 2010 I have purchased five additional Corvettes, three Camaros, three pickups, and as of late a 2018 Suburban to haul the grandkids. Those cars do not include the several Pontiacs and Buicks that I purchased for my family. I have spent literally millions of dollars at my local Chevrolet dealership and have been recognized for doing so and for my loyalty to the business and brand. How's that for social status? LOL. Punky, while you boast about your previous heightened ownership experience and broad knowlege of Corvettes, I currently have in my garages three Corvettes and three Camaros. That would be a 2019 ZR1 ZTK Coupe, 2015 Z06/Z07, 2013 427 1SC Collector Edition, 2017 Camaro ZL1, 2013 Camar0 ZL1 Convt., and 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convt. These do not include current daily drivers. Now I certainly don't think I am superior to anyone on this forum or anywhere else regarding Corvettes, cars or trucks in general because I own some vehicles. I have friends and acquaintances that own a range from ten to over fifty sport, muscle and collector cars. Many people on the forums and elsewhere have far more knowledge and experience than I do regarding ownership, mechanics, driving and racing. When a person encounters another with more experience and knowlege it is wise to pay attention, defer and learn from them.

Oh, Punky, if you made it this far, you would do well to grow up a little bit. Wishing you the best..........
Telepierre (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:10 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

No judgment here "doc." I am not in a position to judge anyone, nor are you. Just my unqualified opinion based upon reading the your numerous posts in this forum and more recently this thread. Pretty sure most everyone in CF knows you have asserted your wide range of knowledge on "all things Corvette" based upon claimed prior ownership of two used and eight "newly purchased" Corvettes. My point was everyone should go easier on you because after having claimed previous owniership of all those Corvettes (I'm so impressed), you must have all this extra time to envy those of us who are actually able to currently enjoy ours. I am honored that you have proclaimed me 50% right (I assume correct) but I certainly can't hold a candle to the likes of you who is always 100% correct in spewing all the vitriol you have in this forum. You are again correct in the pronouncement that you have owned "likely more than I have" (Corvettes). I don't know why you think I give a damn about what or how many "whatever" you may have owned. Your repugnant ripostes back and forth with numerous other forum members, over periods of time, makes it obvious to me (IMO) that you are a loathsome disagreeable person. You are prone to embellish your perceived superiority over others. Apparantly, the foundation for your feelings of "Corvette" superiority derive from the claimed ownership of ten previous Corvettes. In the past, you have expressed criticism toward CF members owning C4s and their vehicles, stating you would not have a C4. You made these statements after having admitted elsewhere in the forum to ownership of three C4s yourself. Others too have questioned why you often contradict, demean and insult those of us in the forum's ZR1 section who are genuinely interested in a positive productive discussion of this particular model. You have a perfect right to speak out on any subject. We have a perfect right to question your qualifications, motives and intentions and for behaving in the manner which you do. Having a profile background as a physician you should remember that oath regarding "first do no harm." I am surprised, as you continue in your process of procuring another Corvette, you don't spend more of your extra time besieging forums for the various Bavarian and British models. After all, that's more befitting a person with such a lofty station in life. I for one would welcome the relief from your personal snipes and insults. You are now reaping what you have sown throughout this forum.The propensity to position yourself as an adversary to so many CF members has rightfully earned you a position on many an "ignore" list. This is now my choice too.

What the heck, since this is the last opportunity to communicate, I will reach to your level. Not that you really care about others opinions, being far superior because your alleged Corvette purchase history including three C4s in the past. I have just purchased the 51st new Chevrolet, since 1988, from my local dealership, the Dealer Principal who was just selected the Time Dealer of the Year. My claims can be verified there. After my first 1969 427 L71 427 Convertible bought in the 1970's, I took a performance vehicle break to pursue a career, raise then educate four children through college. I resumed buying Corvettes and performance cars after retiremnt. Since 2010 I have purchased five additional Corvettes, three Camaros, three pickups, and as of late a 2018 Suburban to haul the grandkids. Those cars do not include the several Pontiacs and Buicks that I purchased for my family. I have spent literally millions of dollars at my local Chevrolet dealership and have been recognized for doing so and for my loyalty to the business and brand. How's that for social status? LOL. Punky, while you boast about your previous heightened ownership experience and broad knowlege of Corvettes, I currently have in my garages three Corvettes and three Camaros. That would be a 2019 ZR1 ZTK Coupe, 2015 Z06/Z07, 2013 427 1SC Collector Edition, 2017 Camaro ZL1, 2013 Camar0 ZL1 Convt., and 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convt. These do not include current daily drivers. Now I certainly don't think I am superior to anyone on this forum or anywhere else regarding Corvettes, cars or trucks in general because I own some vehicles. I have friends and acquaintances that own a range from ten to over fifty sport, muscle and collector cars. Many people on the forums and elsewhere have far more knowledge and experience than I do regarding ownership, mechanics, driving and racing. When a person encounters another with more experience and knowlege it is wise to pay attention, defer and learn from them.

Oh, Punky, if you made it this far, you would do well to grow up a little bit. Wishing you the best..........
Wow, sorry that you have this much time on your hands. I was able to make it through about 1/3 of this run on mess of internet diarrhea. I also apologize for obviously giving you a wedgy up to your neck. Enjoy life and stop reading posts that cause you such obvious distress if you are that sensitive.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:11 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Wow, sorry that you have this much time on your hands. I was able to make it through about 1/3 of this run on mess of internet diarrhea. I also apologize for obviously giving you a wedgy up to your neck. Enjoy life and stop reading posts that cause you such obvious distress if you are that sensitive.
I think he put you on the ignore list, so he won't read or reply to this. Did you have any info on the March 31 deadline for ZR1 or did I miss that? I'm really only interested about that in this thread. Thanks for understanding.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:14 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by txoutdoors
Is this still the case? How can this be confirmed?

If I understand correctly - no more allocations past this week?
We're all expecting allocations coming out this week for February/March. No one knows past that.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:10 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by range96
I think he put you on the ignore list, so he won't read or reply to this. Did you have any info on the March 31 deadline for ZR1 or did I miss that? I'm really only interested about that in this thread. Thanks for understanding.
I have interest in that also and will continue to read and post here. Do I need your approval for this, didn't realize that some members here are in a position to limit others posting.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:13 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

I have interest in that also and will continue to read and post here. Do I need your approval for this, didn't realize that some members here are in a position to limit others posting.
Let's PLEASE keep to the title of the thread. The Mods are tired of cleaning up
The following 2 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
mikelj (01-29-2019), Steve Garrett (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

We're done here....

I have talked to many of you via PM about NOT taking threads off topic. Obviously, there are a few of you that keep pissing in the wind to see who can do it the longest.

What some of you don't realize is that the person responding to an off topic post looks just as bad as the one originating the off topic discussion. I really don't understand why some of you worry about what cars a person does or does not own. Who cares??????

Maybe the next thread you'll all learn to stay on topic and not get a thread closed.......

Quick Reply: Is March the end of the C7 ZR1?