C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

(Canadians) Any allocations for ZR1 out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:43 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Default (Canadians) Any allocations for ZR1 out there?

I am looking to buy a ZR1 and ready to give a deposit. Can anyone recommend a dealer, anywhere in Canada, that has an allocation for one?
Old 09-27-2018, 06:13 PM
mike13403
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
I am looking to buy a ZR1 and ready to give a deposit. Can anyone recommend a dealer, anywhere in Canada, that has an allocation for one?
I have an extra car here in central ny if you want it. Arrived at my dealer today
Old 09-27-2018, 10:41 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Good luck finding a Canadian allocation.

Yeah, I’m kind of sour because I was messed around by a GTA dealer with whom I was first on their orders with a deposit since Nov 2016.
Now I’m 9th on another GTA dealer list with a deposit.

Not likely going to happen unless you offer a large premium over MSRP to a crooked dealer who gives away another customer’s allocation...like happened to me.

Yep, pretty sour...voice to self “let it go!”

Last edited by Vernon; 09-27-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:44 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Vernon

Good luck finding a Canadian allocation.

Yeah, I’m kind of sour because I was messed around by a GTA dealer with whom I was first on their orders with a deposit since Nov 2016.
Now I’m 9th on another GTA dealer list with a deposit.

Not likely going to happen unless you offer a large premium over MSRP to a crooked dealer who gives away another customer’s allocation...like happened to me.

Yep, pretty sour...voice to self “let it go!”
If you had a sales contract, couldn't you have used OMVIC to enforce the contract? Very shady of that dealer...
Old 09-28-2018, 06:52 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

If you had a sales contract, couldn't you have used OMVIC to enforce the contract? Very shady of that dealer...
Had a contract but the reality was they got one car, sold it to someone else, and left me in the “cold”. Fighting it wouldn’t yield a car...part of my trying “to let it go” objectivity.

I hope you get a car.

I’ve resigned myself to thinking it won’t happen in Canada. I strongly suspect ZR1 production will cease some time in ‘19 and the far bigger market south of the border will get the bulk of the limited remaining allocations.

If you can justify it, you might want to consider a US allocation (after determining all the border transfer rules). Likely the best option to get a vehicle.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:05 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Vernon

Had a contract but the reality was they got one car, sold it to someone else, and left me in the “cold”. Fighting it wouldn’t yield a car...part of my trying “to let it go” objectivity.

I hope you get a car.

I’ve resigned myself to thinking it won’t happen in Canada. I strongly suspect ZR1 production will cease some time in ‘19 and the far bigger market south of the border will get the bulk of the limited remaining allocations.

If you can justify it, you might want to consider a US allocation (after determining all the border transfer rules). Likely the best option to get a vehicle.
I would have reported your experience to OMVIC anyhow. They take stuff like this very seriously and will fine the dealer.

I am not really considering a US vehicle because it is unlikely I will find what I want used and I doubt a new car dealer is willing to go against their franchise agreement to sell me a new one.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:23 PM
mike13403
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have reported your experience to OMVIC anyhow. They take stuff like this very seriously and will fine the dealer.

I am not really considering a US vehicle because it is unlikely I will find what I want used and I doubt a new car dealer is willing to go against their franchise agreement to sell me a new one.
i have 1 for sale brand new

Get notified of new replies

To (Canadians) Any allocations for ZR1 out there?

Quick Reply: (Canadians) Any allocations for ZR1 out there?