Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 AM
serpent
CF Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette View Post
Ah. That is still a great deal. Congrats! Enjoy it!

Meanwhile, there are still dealers charging an ADM (but you get the 3000 Corvette Loyalty)

https://www.rossdowningchevrolet.com...-LA/3438612413

They also charged an ADM for the new Stingray back in 2013, so it's no surprise.
Stealerships are going to charge adm on the latest and greatest vette/mustang. I'd wait anyways, avoid first model and maybe even 2nd model year cars.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:01 PM
94Lt1Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Stealerships are going to charge adm on the latest and greatest vette/mustang. I'd wait anyways, avoid first model and maybe even 2nd model year cars.
There won't be a second or third model year C7 ZR1.
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 02:04 PM
TLS_Addict
CF Senior Member

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mjf6175 View Post
In another thread on this forum, Elkland Chevy posted on 5/25 ( Saturday ) "We have an allocation that we can fill, but order has to be in by Tuesday.....Tim Walters Elkland Chevy" That would make it Tuesday May 28.

Possibly a good indication of the date the last ZR1 orders had to be in by.
Elkland, PA. Old stomping grounds. They Are usually really easy to deal with. Small, very small dealership that likes to sell Vettes.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:09 PM
phils C5 vette
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Then we can end all the debates. Last allocations are in...............................
I call dibs on Debs car in 8 years for half price!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,331 Likes on 692 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
I call dibs on Debs car in 8 years for half price!
That's about what I got out of my last ZR after 8 yrs...... With or without the Arka;>
Old 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM
serpent
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette View Post
There won't be a second or third model year C7 ZR1.
I meant the c8. Also theres been people paying MSRP for the zr1. And as usual theres stealerships wanting Adm on them too. Car is barely a year old (from debut). Gt350R had ADM for 3+ years. Depending on the adm, I'd go out of state to get the zr1.

I'm curious what the final production numbers are for the '19 zr1.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM
serpent
CF Senior Member

That's about what I got out of my last ZR after 8 yrs...... With or without the Arka;>
Maybe c8 zr1 will be out by then??
Old 06-06-2019, 02:18 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Received 238 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by orclubduck View Post
I looked on Autotrader today and there are 198 "new" ZR1's on the site for sale. Now we know from previous posts (Thanks DebRedZR1!!!) that many of them are automatically posted when a ZR1 is invoiced to the Dealer, but actually are already sold as a customer ordered car. It looks like there are still many ZR1's listed at substantially more than MSRP, but most are close to MSRP, or just advertising the $3000 loyalty discount...so I would say NO the prices are not tanking.

Since Chevy pays the Dealers to floor the ZR1 for a set amount of time, I think the Dealers who are asking $20K over MSRP are thinking that when the productions stops, these ZR1's will command the premium prices they are asking, until then they have something on the showroom floor that gets a lot of attention. I think some smaller Dealers have sold their allocations at discounts to benefit from Chevy paying to floor their ZR1's for x amount of days, becoming profit if they turn the car over quickly. Each Dealership has their own motivations.

The landscape has changed from 2018...where dealer inventory was non-existent for sure. I bought at the end of 2018 thinking there would not be any ZR1's still in production at this point. I felt I was lucky that a dealer had one they ordered for stock that was exactly like I would have ordered myself...I "bought" it the day it was invoiced to the dealer, and about 3 weeks before it arrived at the dealership from the train ride across the US. In hindsight, I probably could have ordered one, or bought one with a discount if I waited, but that was a risk of not getting a new ZR1, and I did not want a ZR1 that I did not break in myself. If I had it do over...I would have done it exactly the same...no regret. Value is not just about discounts, it is about getting satisfaction equal to or greater than ones expectation. In my opinion, my ZR1 would still be a value at 20K over MSRP, it would just not be a good investment, which was never my expectation.

Jeff
Well said. I did pay MSRP for mine (the first ever on a new car) and I missed out on the $3K Loyalty discount, but I also missed the $2K price increase. Ordering from the dealer insured that I got the EXACT car that I wanted. While I see big discounts on Z06's, Grand Sports and Stingrays, the ZR1 prices are fairly firm (with very few exceptions on ill-configured cars ). I think toward the very end prices will firm up even more.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:24 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Heck, I got half for my 9 years old ZR1 with worn tires! Some people say the '19 ZR1 prices will be off the charts in the future. Especially the 7-speed cars.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:03 PM
drumsrlrl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2019 ZR1 - "Merle Stone Chevrolet" Tulare CA (look up on auto trader). They are always discounting or willing to.

I bought my Z06/3LZ there . Window = $96,000 paid $79,292 (plus tax and fees).

They have/had 2 ZR1 coupe REd and coupe Blue - both TRK, 3LZ - they had the blue one marked down to $133,00 (msrp was like 143,000ish. Look them up on autotrader. very good guys. A red Z06 was sold to a buyer from Chicago over the phone and just had it trailer ed.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by drumsrlrl View Post
2019 ZR1 - "Merle Stone Chevrolet" Tulare CA (look up on auto trader). They are always discounting or willing to.

I bought my Z06/3LZ there . Window = $96,000 paid $79,292 (plus tax and fees).

They have/had 2 ZR1 coupe REd and coupe Blue - both TRK, 3LZ - they had the blue one marked down to $133,00 (msrp was like 143,000ish. Look them up on autotrader. very good guys. A red Z06 was sold to a buyer from Chicago over the phone and just had it trailer ed.
The dealer's web site shows a $5,310 discount on the blue car, which includes the $3K Loyalty discount. Both cars are Automatics.

Autotrader still shows the red car ZR1 listed by them at MSRP.

Last edited by range96; 06-06-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:17 PM
CaddyJimz06
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
Heck, I got half for my 9 years old ZR1 with worn tires! Some people say the '19 ZR1 prices will be off the charts in the future. Especially the 7-speed cars.
C6 ZR1 was a 5-year run car. C7 ZR1 is a 1 year wonder that's the last great front engine Vette which comes in stick shift. With the upcoming mid engine design and rumors of the stick going away, I think it's a safe bet that the C7 ZR1 will retain its value or slowly rise in time.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:30 PM
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member

Received 815 Likes on 442 Posts

They're going to depreciate like any other Corvette. ZR1 guys are kind of sounding like Demon guys right now. For the time being, ZR1's will hold and demand, but REST ASSURED, they are coming down 100% like every other Corvette until they find their place in the used hierarchy vs what you can buy a new top model C8 for, or a used C7Z06 for. This is how it works, and thinking the "limited" nature of it will change that is just false. Nowhere near limited enough to hold true. Of course those who own ZR1's want to believe otherwise...that somehow they can drive their cars, put on miles, then get back out for just the cost of gas, oil and insurance...but, it ain't happenin. ZR1's are a cool car, until the next cool car comes along, and that'll be that.

I get the theory of the "last" of this, or "last" of that...but that becomes a different conversation. That conversation becomes, what are the "best" of the front engine, manual Corvettes...not the "last". C7ZR1 definitely is in that conversation, but it won't be the absolute winner of that debate, when it's being discussed by those who care about the "last front engine, manual gearbox Corvette". Personally, I think the C6Z07 is arguably the last great front engine manual Corvette.

Lastly, I'm just going to weave in.....we have NO IDEA...if this is the last of anything either. 400+ more employees at Bowling Green aren't going to build the C8, in essentially the same production numbers as C7 (which has sold well overall). They're staffing up and changing the entire plant to something more modular, for a reason. The factual theory remains, that the front engine Corvette could still be in this lineup in a couple years...maybe reinvented itself (V6 turbo?, who knows)

Last edited by K.I.T.T.; 06-06-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:56 PM
orclubduck
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

KITT,

I hope you get a chance to spend some time in a ZR1 in a track setting. I think the best description (in my opinion) of why it is clearly the last great front engine manual (or Auto) Corvette is how much it makes up for Drivers errors. With the amount of usable power available in most any gear, mistakes can be overcome and the car will still run respectable lap times. It will not turn a novice into a champ...it will not protect a chump...but for enthusiasts who can afford the ZR1 and are willing to take it out on club days...they will enjoy the engineering and will improve their lap times with the combination of power, aero, and brakes. I think that even Jim Mero has extolled the virtues many time in his visits to this forum.

I wish that Chevy would allow non-ZR1 owners to take the ZR1 Class at Spring Mountain Ranch...my guess is they probably will when the 1000+ ZR1 owners who receive 2 days of track training and many laps around their 2.2 mile course sign up for the course. Chevy is doing a very responsible thing with this benefit, insuring ZR1 owners know how to handle the performance the ZR1 is capable of. In my class at Spring Mountain, over half of the participants had club racing licenses, and one of them bought his ZR1 only for the track. I was/am pleased to see that many ZR1's are getting the use they were designed for, and not just sitting in a garage with a cover on them.

Some of us are not as much concerned about the future value of the 2019 ZR1, but more interested in what the 202X C8 version improves on. I have seen so many posts where Z6ZR1's are being sold to make way for the 2019 version...I think many of us will be doing the same for the C8ZR1, which will inflate the supply and accelerate the depreciation. As much as I would like to have 2 Corvette Street/Track cars in my garage, it does not seem prudent.

With this post I am respectfully shedding my "Junior" member title...

Jeff
GrapemanZR1 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 10:12 PM
phils C5 vette
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Aftermarket parts hurt resale, so it may have to be less than half price with it on lol

Maybe the C7ZR1 will hold better value because it was a short window to buy one
Old 06-07-2019, 07:33 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,331 Likes on 692 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
Aftermarket parts hurt resale, so it may have to be less than half price with it on lol

Maybe the C7ZR1 will hold better value because it was a short window to buy one
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I spent XXXX to further rapidly depreciate my beloved Drogone ZR. Good thing I saved that heavy *** stock system
phils C5 vette (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 377 Likes on 301 Posts
Default Zr1

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I spent XXXX to further rapidly depreciate my beloved Drogone ZR. Good thing I saved that heavy *** stock system
I think anyone with half an idea of what an Akra system is will appreciate it being on the car. I know I would!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: