Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Old 10-13-2018, 12:55 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Received 238 Likes on 186 Posts

The ZR1 is pretty scarce right now, but you can have a new 2019 Z06 for $72K. Ten grand off easy. My local dealer was trying to sell me a brand new 2017 Z06 (loaded) for $19K off the sticker of $109K.

As I said before, IF GM builds a 2020 ZR1, the market will soften for it, too. I bought a new '95 ZR-1 in late 1995 for $5K off (and there were better deals before). I bought a new 2010 ZR1 in 2010 for $12K off (and there were better deals later). At $140K GM makes a nice profit on the ZR1. I think they will build it until 2021.
The following 2 users liked this post by range96:
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2018), tooold2race (10-15-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 02:05 PM
vetteb_96C
CF Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver View Post
Everyone waiting on GMS Discount or "amazing buying opportunities" once the C8 comes out are going to be disappointed. This is a single model year car and GM clearly cannot fill the demand. There will not be "ZR1s holding down the pavement" in dealership parking lots LMAO. Look at the market right now! It's crazy, people paying thousands over MSRP for cars with thousands of miles on the clock. I do not think the ZR1 will hold its value like this in the short term however it has spectacular potential to be a collector car as it will be the most powerful, likely last, FE and manual trans Corvette ever. If you want one of these cars, act fast your time is running out. All of you "3rd year buyers at 25% off MSRP" are going to miss the boat.
How do you know its a single year car? My sources say it's a 3 year run.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:05 PM
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member

Received 348 Likes on 280 Posts

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Don't think it will have a "cult following"? How much of a following does the FE Corvette have? This is the ultimate and final FE manual trans corvette ever produced and will be a collector car. Do some research before posting next time, these cars are unobtainable now... there is no volume to support your claim.
thats what the c4zr1 guys were saying. Guys like me didnít know what they were talking about. Then elco, and Weber were selling 94 and 95 c4zr1ís at 30 to 35 percent off sticker.

it doesnít really matter. If you want to be the first kid on the block it costs more. If you want the car and are willing to wait a bit you can get in for 10ís of thousands less even for the brand new ones.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 10-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
trevor90 (10-15-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Frankie2blue
CF Senior Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I still have not seen any Corvette that doesn’t end up being discounted after a time and then end up with substantial depreciation ( though better than a lot of cars) and I seriously doubt the ZR1 will be any different in that respect. The car is still pretty new, especially to be seeing any discounts at this point. My money will be on the fact that this will be more than a one year car, as I don’t believe they would have put all that money into new body panels, suspension, engine, testing etc for a one year car. They like to make money and I would say there is a substantial profit margin on this car. I certainly don’t see any evidence either that GM gives a rats azz about collectibility and or related values on any car they have ever made and again, I doubt the ZR1 will change any of this. History always repeats itself.

Last edited by Frankie2blue; 10-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Kurac
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those that say this is a 1yr model run, please post your source.
I heard the same BS on the GT350R. No one believed they would make more after 2017.
Dealers are still asking ADM, though not the $20K ADM as was normal in 2016 and 2017.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:06 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Received 289 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post

thats what the c4zr1 guys were saying. Guys like me didnít know what they were talking about. Then elco, and Weber were selling 94 and 95 c4zr1ís at 30 to 35 percent off sticker.

it doesnít really matter. If you want to be the first kid on the block it costs more. If you want the car and are willing to wait a bit you can get in for 10ís of thousands less even for the brand new ones.
GM sources have confirmed a single model year car. Where are the discounted cars going to come from? Theyíve already sold 100% of the production run at or above MSRP lol! Not to mention there are people out there still looking for an allocation and canít find one! Some of you guys need to go take an economics class. Supply and demand...pretty simple

Assuming the car is a single model year as heavily indicated, there will NEVER be a discounted C7 ZR1, period.
alexweav79 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 03:10 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kurac View Post
Those that say this is a 1yr model run, please post your source.
I heard the same BS on the GT350R. No one believed they would make more after 2017.
Dealers are still asking ADM, though not the $20K ADM as was normal in 2016 and 2017.
It has been posted on a few threads already by 100% reliable moderators, etc of this forum. Confirmed by several GM higher ups. Look for them. If they care to post yet again here they will. If not itís likely because they are tired of repeating themselves for people who donít care to look. Of course the actual sources will remain secret as to not get anyone in trouble.
DebRedZR1 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 03:13 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vetteb_96C View Post
How do you know its a single year car? My sources say it's a 3 year run.
Look at posts in other threads regarding the ZR1 production run. It has been publicly confirmed by one GM official to my knowledge and several mods have posted confirmation from GM sources in a non-official capacity. Your sources appear to be wrong...who are they?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:03 PM
vetteb_96C
CF Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 86 Posts

Look at posts in other threads regarding the ZR1 production run. It has been publicly confirmed by one GM official to my knowledge and several mods have posted confirmation from GM sources in a non-official capacity. Your sources appear to be wrong...who are they?
Show me where it's been publicly confirmed officially from GM that it's only one year? You are flat out wrong. Save this post so you can come back and look at this when the ZR1 lives on past one year.

I have two sources. #1 is an external supplier. He makes a part for the ZR1 specifically and has quoted and received the business based on a multi-year volume run. #2 is an internal GM source, same answer - multi year run. But hey, I'm just another guy on the forum with sources, so believe who you want. I'm in no rush to buy a ZR1, I have a few years.

DARTH VETTER (10-24-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 05:15 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vetteb_96C View Post
Show me where it's been publicly confirmed officially from GM that it's only one year? You are flat out wrong. Save this post so you can come back and look at this when the ZR1 lives on past one year.

I have two sources. #1 is an external supplier. He makes a part for the ZR1 specifically and has quoted and received the business based on a multi-year volume run. #2 is an internal GM source, same answer - multi year run. But hey, I'm just another guy on the forum with sources, so believe who you want. I'm in no rush to buy a ZR1, I have a few years.
My information comes from extremely similar sources that say the exact opposite. Apparently the plan WAS to run for 2-3 years but that plan has CHANGED. I assume you and your supplier friend are going off old/bad info. I guess weíll just have to wait and see. Good luck to you on your C8 purchase thatís all that will be available when you are ready...
Old 10-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Leadfoot01
CF Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post

Come on dude ó- you expect a dealer to tell you the truth- ďI have 3 of these spruce gooses sitting on my parking lot and no one with howard hughís Type money beating down my door to buy one of these winged Turkeyís ?Ē

Did a tin siding sales man make a call on you telling you he would like to take a picture of your house as the before picture for their advertisement brochure as your neighbor that just bought beautiful new siding will be the after picture ó- but your house can be the after pircture all you have to do is buy new siding.
Heís actually one of my best friends.....so yes
Old 10-13-2018, 07:20 PM
SouthernSon
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue View Post
I still have not seen any Corvette that doesn’t end up being discounted after a time and then end up with substantial depreciation ( though better than a lot of cars) and I seriously doubt the ZR1 will be any different in that respect. The car is still pretty new, especially to be seeing any discounts at this point. My money will be on the fact that this will be more than a one year car, as I don’t believe they would have put all that money into new body panels, suspension, engine, testing etc for a one year car. They like to make money and I would say there is a substantial profit margin on this car. I certainly don’t see any evidence either that GM gives a rats azz about collectibility and or related values on any car they have ever made and again, I doubt the ZR1 will change any of this. History always repeats itself.
Please refer to my post above about the 1996 grand sport; unique body scheme, one year wonder, most powerful C4 and limited numbers. It still holds value in the $30K+ range today.

Actually, I should say most powerful GM built engine, not mercury marine.

Last edited by SouthernSon; 10-13-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:36 PM
BearZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

ZR1 prices tanking? LOL! All of this speculation is a waste of time. IF they build enough of them they likely will be discounted at some point. We'll all just have to wait and see what GM does and what prices do. While some are waiting and hoping for deep discounts and tanking prices I am driving my ZR1 and loving every minute of it! I suppose it depends on what value you place on your time, which is a luxury we often take for granted.
The following 4 users liked this post by BearZ06:
DebRedZR1 (10-14-2018), NW-99SS (10-19-2018), Telepierre (10-14-2018), tooold2race (10-15-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 07:44 PM
RedZ4me
CF Senior Member

Received 123 Likes on 103 Posts

GM sources have confirmed a single model year car. Where are the discounted cars going to come from? Theyíve already sold 100% of the production run at or above MSRP lol! Not to mention there are people out there still looking for an allocation and canít find one! Some of you guys need to go take an economics class. Supply and demand...pretty simple

Assuming the car is a single model year as heavily indicated, there will NEVER be a discounted C7 ZR1, period.
omg - some here are clueless about the car market. Taking bets?
Old 10-13-2018, 07:49 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RedZ4me View Post
omg - some here are clueless about the car market. Taking bets?
Looks like you may be the clueless one. In order for there to be a discounted car there first has to be a surplus of them. It is extremely likely that there will never be a surplus so there will never be a discount... pretty simple really. This thread is gunna be awesome in a couple months when itís confirmed as a 2019 MY only lol
Old 10-13-2018, 08:36 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Looks like you may be the clueless one. In order for there to be a discounted car there first has to be a surplus of them. It is extremely likely that there will never be a surplus so there will never be a discount... pretty simple really. This thread is gunna be awesome in a couple months when itís confirmed as a 2019 MY only lol
You mean new car prices, not used ones down the road, right?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:49 PM
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
You mean new car prices, not used ones down the road, right?
Yes of course. I donít expect the ZR1 to be immune from depreciation lol. I do think thereís a strong possibility it will be a collector car in the long term though being the best and last FE corvette. And possibly the last with a manual trans.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:51 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Yes of course. I donít expect the ZR1 to be immune from depreciation lol. I do think thereís a strong possibility it will be a collector car in the long term though being the best and last FE corvette. And possibly the last with a manual trans.
Especially if it's a single year model.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:33 AM
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 976 Posts

No freaking way they made that much engineering investment for 1 year. 2020 ZR at a minimum then 2021 for ME.

that sounds like a lot of hopeful speculation because you "want" it to be lol..

Last edited by 16/C7Z; 10-14-2018 at 06:34 AM.
serpent (10-17-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 07:02 AM
RedZ4me
CF Senior Member

Received 123 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
No freaking way they made that much engineering investment for 1 year. 2020 ZR at a minimum then 2021 for ME.

that sounds like a lot of hopeful speculation because you "want" it to be lol..
👍 skydive may be skydiving out of a plane without a shute. I completely agree with you

Last edited by RedZ4me; 10-14-2018 at 07:02 AM.
serpent (10-17-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are ZR1 prices tanking???

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: