C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are ZR1 prices tanking???

 
Old 10-29-2018, 08:10 AM
  #121  
rob62
CF Senior Member
 
rob62's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,149
Liked 419 Times in 297 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muscles View Post
I think the sales will slow down. Most people looking to get these cars read a lot of reviews and talk to a lot of people before hand. This car wasn't a significant enough upgrade to warrant jumping from a Z06. Now that my Z06 is paid off I don't have any desire to step into a ZR1, this is the first time I have felt this way. The platform is maxed out, the Z06 is too much, impossible to launch. It's a fun car, but more power is not what it needs. I think the ZR1 looks better and it is certainly more rare, but after reading reviews and watching youtube, it just doesn't cut the mustard. I doubt most will be able to extrapolate the extra performance on a track that it provides. There is something to be said about being the top dog in a car platform, but at this point, the performance increase doesn't warrant the price. This is just one guys opinion who is the prime demographic for this vehicle.

Greg
It's great you have no desire for the ZR1. I'm sure I would be thrilled with a 19 Z06 optioned the way my ZR1 will be built but would undoubtedly be bothered every time I hear, see or read about a ZR1. Call me weak.
rob62 is offline  
The following users liked this post: rob62
DebRedZR1 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 08:19 AM
  #122  
HTXSkydiver
CF Senior Member
 
HTXSkydiver's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 455
Liked 241 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muscles View Post
I think the sales will slow down. Most people looking to get these cars read a lot of reviews and talk to a lot of people before hand. This car wasn't a significant enough upgrade to warrant jumping from a Z06. Now that my Z06 is paid off I don't have any desire to step into a ZR1, this is the first time I have felt this way. The platform is maxed out, the Z06 is too much, impossible to launch. It's a fun car, but more power is not what it needs. I think the ZR1 looks better and it is certainly more rare, but after reading reviews and watching youtube, it just doesn't cut the mustard. I doubt most will be able to extrapolate the extra performance on a track that it provides. There is something to be said about being the top dog in a car platform, but at this point, the performance increase doesn't warrant the price. This is just one guys opinion who is the prime demographic for this vehicle.

Greg
Not sure how sales can slow down. The entire production run is sold and there are still people begging for allocations... GM did not/will not meet the demand on this vehicle. I believe you are in the minority of Z06 owners however (if they will actually admit it). There are numerous reports from Z06 owners stepping up to the ZR1 and raving about how much better it is. Havenít seen anyone disappointed yet...
HTXSkydiver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:34 PM
  #123  
Ruz
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 8,341
Likes: 0
Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HTXSkydiver View Post


Not sure how sales can slow down. The entire production run is sold and there are still people begging for allocations... GM did not/will not meet the demand on this vehicle. I believe you are in the minority of Z06 owners however (if they will actually admit it). There are numerous reports from Z06 owners stepping up to the ZR1 and raving about how much better it is. Havenít seen anyone disappointed yet...
Do you honestly think anyone would admit to adding 40+k to the price of their previous car and NOT say they were happy they did it??
Ruz is offline  
The following users liked this post: Ruz
RedZ4me (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:43 PM
  #124  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,692
Liked 1,163 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
Do you honestly think anyone would admit to adding 40+k to the price of their previous car and NOT say they were happy they did it??
Yes, most of us would. I'm not going to say something is better to justify my purchase if it's not and lose all credibility. The ZR exceeds the Z06 in every way.
DebRedZR1 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
cartester (10-29-2018), Glenn Quagmire (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:50 PM
  #125  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,692
Liked 1,163 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by meadowz06 View Post
You simply do not know what you are talking about. Period. I find your posts amusing at best. Everyone knows you have a ZR1. And that is great. But they will drop like a rock, when the C8 comes out. And they can be had for a discount NOW.
124,995-20K MILES
129,799-11,335 MILES
129,905-8,561 MILES
129,800-812 MILES
134,900-13,155 MILES
129,900- 200 MILES
Until someone finds that UNICORN and posts a LEGIT sales receipt My OWN ZR1 was listed as FOR SALE on several of those sites There have been a few who have relationships with Dealers who paid under MSRP but the listings for new ZRs available under MSRP and discounts are just nothing more than click bait.
Doubt the mass produced base model C8 is going to effect the sales of ZRs. I bought it for the power it has and last of the M7 FE so a ME does not interest me.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 10-29-2018 at 12:51 PM.
DebRedZR1 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
cartester (10-29-2018), Mopar Jimmy (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:52 PM
  #126  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,692
Liked 1,163 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
I'm in the 2020 ZR1 camp, but not because of waiting on a $20K discount. Right now these cars are very scarce, especially with popular option configurations. I would much prefer a 2020 ZR1 next summer instead of a 2019 ZR1 in the dead of winters (I spend the winters in Florida, but my car would stay in a garage in the snow belt). I hear you loud and clear, my brain says 2020, my heart says get the 2019! Plan B - C8, but that may be 4-5 years down the road for the hipo version.
Ship the car to Florida
DebRedZR1 is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:53 PM
  #127  
Ruz
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 8,341
Likes: 0
Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Yes, most of us would. I'm not going to say something is better to justify my purchase if it's not and lose all credibility. The ZR exceeds the Z06 in every way.
I would call BS on that first part.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the ZR1, and I do hope that everyone who buys one is 100% satisfied with their purchase for as long as they own it. But I would ask you, knowing that you went from a Z06 to a ZR1, can you give examples of how/where the ZR1 exceeds the Z06 for 99% of your driving?
Ruz is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:55 PM
  #128  
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: Shits Creek NY
Posts: 10,247
Liked 429 Times in 315 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
Do you honestly think anyone would admit to adding 40+k to the price of their previous car and NOT say they were happy they did it??
I honestly don't think most around here would. Just look at when someone criticizes the car or has anything to say about it, that isn't totally positive and I'm not talking about obvious trolls either.
Boba Fett is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:07 PM
  #129  
G fix needy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2014
Posts: 364
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Looks like a ZR1 is available in Canada......https://www.chevrolet.ca/corvette-zr...ummary&peg=1ZR

With the US dollar, that amounts to $10,000 discount off US MSRP!
G fix needy is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:12 PM
  #130  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,692
Liked 1,163 Times in 626 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
I would call BS on that first part.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the ZR1, and I do hope that everyone who buys one is 100% satisfied with their purchase for as long as they own it. But I would ask you, knowing that you went from a Z06 to a ZR1, can you give examples of how/where the ZR1 exceeds the Z06 for 99% of your driving?
Anyone who posts glowing reviews to have people find out otherwise is going to eventually look foolish. I checked with many who upgraded prior to making the decision. I had zero desire to take a major trade in hit so soon. The car is exactly what they claimed. There is a thread detailing my thoughts. Handling and acceleration are two of the biggest factors. The ZR grips the road better and pulls on the high end where the Z06 didn't. Plus all the Carbon fiber and big *** wing, more aggressive front end. Exhaust sounds a lot better too.
DebRedZR1 is offline  
The following users liked this post: DebRedZR1
Repo Pilot (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 01:25 PM
  #131  
Ruz
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: MI
Posts: 8,341
Likes: 0
Liked 34 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Anyone who posts glowing reviews to have people find out otherwise is going to eventually look foolish. I checked with many who upgraded prior to making the decision. I had zero desire to take a major trade in hit so soon. The car is exactly what they claimed. There is a thread detailing my thoughts. Handling and acceleration are two of the biggest factors. The ZR grips the road better and pulls on the high end where the Z06 didn't. Plus all the Carbon fiber and big *** wing, more aggressive front end. Exhaust sounds a lot better too.
Glad you are happy with it! Curious how many of your miles have been on the track to experience all of those improvements? (Only making that assumption because from many, many descriptions of the Z06, it was pretty obvious that you can come nowhere near its performance limits on the street...at least not without seriously endangering others).

Carbon fiber, BAW, front end appearance and exhaust sound are visual/audible changes and I don't think they could be called "better" as they are personal preferences. Now, maybe those visual/audio changes make it worth the cost to someone on their own...and nobody can argue that. In the end, it comes down to what the person laying out the cash likes...and really that is all that matters.
Ruz is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 02:24 PM
  #132  
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member
 
Rinaldo Catria's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,004
Liked 321 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
I would call BS on that first part.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the ZR1, and I do hope that everyone who buys one is 100% satisfied with their purchase for as long as they own it. But I would ask you, knowing that you went from a Z06 to a ZR1, can you give examples of how/where the ZR1 exceeds the Z06 for 99% of your driving?
We really could as easily be talking about the performance differences between the GT2 Rs vs the GT3 RS vs GT3, Carrera etc .. as the ZR1, ZO6, Grand Sport, Z51, and base Stingray... only the $$$$$ amounts and $$$$ difference are even wider.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 10-29-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Rinaldo Catria is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:08 PM
  #133  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 300
Liked 101 Times in 71 Posts
Default Auction Prices- wholesale to dealer

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz View Post
Hereís auction prices for 1zr coupe.



Auction prices are exactly that. They are sales to a licensed dealer who has bought into the auction for a fee or owns a "paddle." Published auction prices do not disclose additional seller/ buyer fees (up to 16% on top of published price), title status (ie. salvage, insurance, repo., mechanic lein etc.) They also fluctuaute substantially based on regional market demand or lack thereof.) Unless you are a licensed dealer they mean nothing to the retail public, new or used market. Tantamount to dealer invoice minus H/B on a new vehicle. Just posting a screenshot does nothing to validate one's opinion. As a side note: The auction prices you posted are for a 1ZR trim and I believe a check of the ZR1 registry will show over 90% of the market demand is for the 3ZR trim which has a base price of $10K higher; further diminishing any relevance to the retail market for these auction numbers. I would think most of us would be knowledgeable enough to simply realize GM is deliberately holding future production information close to the vest for their own reasons and rank speculation by the public is exactly the result they desire in order to build demand for their product; present and future. No one actually knows the plan outside GM management. PERIOD.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:29 PM
  #134  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 300
Liked 101 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ruz View Post
Glad you are happy with it! Curious how many of your miles have been on the track to experience all of those improvements? (Only making that assumption because from many, many descriptions of the Z06, it was pretty obvious that you can come nowhere near its performance limits on the street...at least not without seriously endangering others).

Carbon fiber, BAW, front end appearance and exhaust sound are visual/audible changes and I don't think they could be called "better" as they are personal preferences. Now, maybe those visual/audio changes make it worth the cost to someone on their own...and nobody can argue that. In the end, it comes down to what the person laying out the cash likes...and really that is all that matters.
You are correct...... on one point. You are making an assumption based on second hand heresay and speculation (ie. "I don't think they could be called "better."" No claim was made by Deb or anyone else that they operate either a Z06 or a ZR1 at the performance limits on the public roadway. If we actually did we probably would no longer have a license to operate or be alive in some instances. I own a C7 Z06/ Z07 w/ MRC upgrade and C7 ZR1 ZTK both with lower mileage operation on the road. The Z06 performs great, accelertion, handling, passing, lane change, exhaust note and stopping are excellent. The ZR1 is better. I am not a huge fan of the big wing but I tolerate the appearance (on my car) to get the better performing suspension. Yes, slightly stiffer in rear but overall better handling. Again, IMO very subjective any way you look at it. Subjective is slightly more reliable than speculation. These are not vehicles anyone needs. Corvettes satisfy "wants" and maybe a couple of other things; that matters too.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:45 PM
  #135  
BearZ06
CF Senior Member
 
BearZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Jonesboro Arkansas
Posts: 3,463
Liked 191 Times in 145 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Here's the thing; I bought a new ZR1 because I wanted it and I could afford it. I don't track at all. My justification is that I wanted the car and now I have it. If you don't want one or don't like it or won't race it or think modding your Z06 is a better idea or think it's not worth the additional money etc.; just don't buy one. Can anyone really justify owning any Corvette or similar car? All this arguing about it is absurd. Buy what you want or don't, but why question or criticize what others have done or are doing. I am very happy with my new ZR1.
BearZ06 is offline  
The following 6 users liked this post by BearZ06:
cartester (10-29-2018), Glenn Quagmire (10-30-2018), JoesC5 (10-29-2018), mjcourt (10-29-2018), ROBWILKER (10-29-2018), Too-Fast (10-30-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 04:43 PM
  #136  
TB427Z06
CF Senior Member
 
TB427Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 394
Liked 65 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BearZ06 View Post
Here's the thing; I bought a new ZR1 because I wanted it and I could afford it. I don't track at all. My justification is that I wanted the car and now I have it. If you don't want one or don't like it or won't race it or think modding your Z06 is a better idea or think it's not worth the additional money etc.; just don't buy one. Can anyone really justify owning any Corvette or similar car? All this arguing about it is absurd. Buy what you want or don't, but why question or criticize what others have done or are doing. I am very happy with my new ZR1.
TB427Z06 is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 05:05 PM
  #137  
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member
 
Rinaldo Catria's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,004
Liked 321 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TB427Z06 View Post
Haha
Rinaldo Catria is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:49 AM
  #138  
winstonc
CF Senior Member
 
winstonc's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: Alexandria VA
Posts: 808
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BearZ06 View Post
Here's the thing; I bought a new ZR1 because I wanted it and I could afford it. I don't track at all. My justification is that I wanted the car and now I have it. If you don't want one or don't like it or won't race it or think modding your Z06 is a better idea or think it's not worth the additional money etc.; just don't buy one. Can anyone really justify owning any Corvette or similar car? All this arguing about it is absurd. Buy what you want or don't, but why question or criticize what others have done or are doing. I am very happy with my new ZR1.
winstonc is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:08 AM
  #139  
Racerdj
CF Senior Member
 
Racerdj's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,253
Liked 153 Times in 118 Posts
Default

I really like my 2014 Z-51.
I really really like my 2017 ZO7!
With the end of a FE Manual transmission, I now have a ZR1 status 2000! It will be my 4th ZR1. Unless you have or have had one you won't really understand!
I will keep the ZO7 because of the manual transmission!
I simply have a terminal case of "Corvette Fever" and it started back in 1973!
Racerdj is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:11 AM
  #140  
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member
 
Rinaldo Catria's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,004
Liked 321 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by racerdj View Post
i really like my 2014 z-51.
I really really like my 2017 zo7!
With the end of a fe manual transmission, i now have a zr1 status 2000! It will be my 4th zr1. Unless you have or have had one you won't really understand!
I will keep the zo7 because of the manual transmission!
I simply have a terminal case of "corvette fever" and it started back in 1973!
👍👍👍
Rinaldo Catria is offline  
The following users liked this post: Rinaldo Catria
Racerdj (10-30-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are ZR1 prices tanking???


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: