C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I love this delivery truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 02:45 PM
propete
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cartester
ZR1 finally gets here (Los Angeles) and of course it's raining.

Aside from the long wait I must report that the remote buying experience from MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire was exemplary. The deal was strictly MSRP and no extra fees and that was exactly how it happened. The people there answer all calls, return emails, and do what they say they're going to do. Thanks to Jessy and Chris for seeing this through and making sure the handoff to the transport company occurred without a hitch. The car arrived with all the books, keys, accessories, paperwork, build sheets, temporary tag, and the window sticker.

Intercity transport also did an excellent job and the car arrived in spotless condition. Although using OnStar and the myChevrolet smart phone app to track the car cross country did a lot to put my mind at ease as to what was happening.

Now if it would only stop raining and dry out.
I also have an order in from MacMulkin Chevrolet for the ZR1 and Jessy suggested I use Intercity Lines when it is shipped to me. I live in Florida and was wondering if you were able to complete the purchase without ever showing up at the dealership? Its a very long way to drive for me so hopefully I can complete the deal without ever showing up at the dealership. I have already spoke to Intercity Lines and they said they would be glad to ship to me. Still on the list for an allocation but I want to be prepared for everything.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:49 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by propete
I also have an order in from MacMulkin Chevrolet for the ZR1 and Jessy suggested I use Intercity Lines when it is shipped to me. I live in Florida and was wondering if you were able to complete the purchase without ever showing up at the dealership? Its a very long way to drive for me so hopefully I can complete the deal without ever showing up at the dealership. I have already spoke to Intercity Lines and they said they would be glad to ship to me. Still on the list for an allocation but I want to be prepared for everything.
I completed the deal without ever going to the dealership. It would have been a long and expensive round trip flight plus car trip from Boston airport just to sign a few documents unless I wanted to drive the car home. Deposit was made with a Cashiers check sent overnight but I paid the remainder with a wire transfer and the ownership papers and sales documents were sent to me via Fed Ex overnight. I signed them and returned them the same way with a prepaid envelope. Granted some faith was required at this point. MacMulkin did all the arrangements for the transport and all I did was log onto the Intercity web site and fill out a credit card payment authorization form. Everything else was either by phone and/or email.
The following users liked this post:
propete (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM
propete
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks cartester, good information for me on the process. I will do exactly as you did. Have fun in your new beautiful ride!

Last edited by propete; 10-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:03 PM
aaslanmd
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Cartester, thanks for the purchase info! Last question: I favor the low wing; any rear visibility issues? Doesn't look like it'll be a problem from your photos...

MMD, took your advice (but sent Mark an email yesterday, instead of calling him), here's his response from today (in it's entirety):
"The way it works is once the allocation is released, typically once a month we then go through our orders according to deposit date and get the order placed. From then we will contact you if it is your turn to get your order placed where we will need you to confirm you order so there is no mistakes. Then we are off to status 2000 then shortly after 3000. We will be in touch as soon as we are ready to put your order in."

Many thanks to you both for all the info!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by aaslanmd
Cartester, thanks for the purchase info! Last question: I favor the low wing; any rear visibility issues? Doesn't look like it'll be a problem from your photos...
All I have to say about that is this:

MMD, took your advice (but sent Mark an email yesterday, instead of calling him), here's his response from today (in it's entirety):
"The way it works is once the allocation is released, typically once a month we then go through our orders according to deposit date and get the order placed. From then we will contact you if it is your turn to get your order placed where we will need you to confirm you order so there is no mistakes. Then we are off to status 2000 then shortly after 3000. We will be in touch as soon as we are ready to put your order in."
Yes, that's it. For me it was two months after placing a deposit before I was assigned an allocation and could place an order.

Quick Reply: I love this delivery truck