C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 build quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 07:15 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad

You are a moderator, you should be able to discern the difference.
Why attack a moderator? If new, top of the line Corvetes with superior power and performance exacerbate your insecurities and cause you to flaunt your stupidity then don't read about them.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:47 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

I have had Chevrolets since 1972 (New). The new ZR1 has almost perfect paint and body finish but the problem i have had over the years who is going to repair this beast? Are there Technicans schooled yet? What about those carbon fiber parts are they a stock shelf item?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by blb078
What proof does he need? He is simply stating something he saw/observed. He doesn't need to take pics of it for simply stating something he saw. I don't own a ZR1 but can pick out some flaws in the car does that make me hater too? Let me ask you this if he said something positive about the car would you or anyone else here talk down about him like you have? You really don't have to answer that because the answer is pretty obvious. This sub forum is kind of like the McLaren forum, it's ok to post something as long as it's positive. Post something negative, you are a troll, no proof, Porsche owner who gets hated on, etc, etc.​​​

Stopped reading there.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:36 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I don't doubt that there are some cars with paint flaws, after all, it is an assembly line vehicle. Heck, I hear the same complaints on the Porsche forums that I'm on. No manufacturer gets every car perfect. That said, the C7 has definitely had the best paint and panel control of any Corvette that I've owned. Rock on Chevy!
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by punky
Why attack a moderator? If new, top of the line Corvetes with superior power and performance exacerbate your insecurities and cause you to ................ then don't read about them.
Because Moderators can't have opinions Gets old reading day after day how this ZR is selling at a discount because someone read yet another FAKE add or that ZR has this wrong when ZERO issues have been reported . (orange peel) As with anything that is out of the norm people are going to ask for pictures or proof. Not one dealership has advertised discounts on a new ZR1 and to date no orange peel issues have been reported. Makes ya wonder why people spend all their time constantly posting things about a CAR that just don't exist ?
The following 3 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
cartester (10-22-2018), Lavender (10-22-2018), Oskee (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 08:53 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Why attack a moderator? If new, top of the line Corvetes with superior power and performance exacerbate your insecurities and cause you to flaunt your stupidity then don't read about them.
Respectfully, this entire conversation went right over your head.
Carry on.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:00 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Because Moderators can't have opinions Gets old reading day after day how this ZR is selling at a discount because someone read yet another FAKE add or that ZR has this wrong when ZERO issues have been reported . (orange peel) As with anything that is out of the norm people are going to ask for pictures or proof. Not one dealership has advertised discounts on a new ZR1 and to date no orange peel issues have been reported. Makes ya wonder why people spend all their time constantly posting things about a CAR that just don't exist ?
Deb, of course you can have an opinion, it’s the way that you present it that gets under people’s skin.

Remember that several new ZR1’s have BEEN DELIVERED with flaws, so it is possible someone saw one on the lot with flaws.

i don’t have anything personal against you at all but you also have to take into consideration how you come across to other forum members. Orher members have commented as well.

One other thing - weren’t most of the new ZR1 owners previous C5/C6 owners?
Why do SOME of them now denigrate the current C5/C6 owners as trolls?
That definitely rubs people the wrong way.

Last edited by vrybad; 10-22-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 AM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavender
Stopped reading there.
I don't think anyone would be suprised that you stopped reading after one sentence that doesn't fit your point of view. In your mind everytime someone says something about the car that you don't agree with or if they've seen something that may be and issue they need proof via pics or something. And without it they are trolls or haters.

When they say something positive about the car or that you agree with do they need proof too? Or is it just a one way street with you and only your opinions matter?

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Because Moderators can't have opinions
The problem isn't opinions, it's that you get very hostile towards people when they say something negative about a car or that you don't agree with. It's not a one time thing, it happens very often. It eventually turns into the threat of a suspension(even though you're not a mod of this sub forum), do you not see the issue there?

Eventually one of the mods of this sub forum will issue warnings and/or delete posts. So in the end it looks like this; a mod is hostile towards a member, member(s) try to defend themselves or reason with mod, another mod comes along and issues warning to member(s) because attacking/calling out a mod is a violation of the rules.

It all goes back to it's ok to talk about the car as long as it's positive only.

Last edited by blb078; 10-22-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Alright guys, I think this thread has run its course....now we're at "your opinion versus my opinion". At the end of the day, this won't get settled, so let's just say that we've exhausted the topic.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
CorvettoBrando (10-22-2018), Lavender (10-22-2018)

Quick Reply: ZR1 build quality