C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Was the ZR1 Debut In Dubai worth it or would Detroit have been better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 PM
ffr1352
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Was the ZR1 Debut In Dubai worth it or would Detroit have been better?

I recall Tadge saying there were a lot of international corvette buyers and thus the ZR1 debut in Dubai. Anyone know how many or what percent of Zr1's have been sold there/overseas ? If not many sold overseas then it would make more sense for the C8 to debut in Detroit? Or perhaps the ZR1 debut overseas caused more stingray/grand sports/z06 sales overseas?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:17 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

With the internet I dont think it matters one way or the other. Someone isn't going to change their mind about buying a car based on where it is showcased.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I had no intention of buying a ZR1 last year. This January I was in Kuwait and saw the Dubai show car:

I placed my order in February and in August this was in my driveway:

Coincidence?

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 10-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

So if it was shown in Detroit it would have had a different outcome? If you saw it on a dealer lot or a local car show would there have been a different outcome? Of course not, point proven.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 10-18-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

I also saw the car in Dubai last year. I happened to be in Abu Dhabi during that time and made the short trip over to Dubai to see the car. I was about to place a Z06 order but decided to wait for the ZR1 reveal. Got lucky and was one fo the first Americans to see it without camo. After seeing it my mind was MADE UP. It was ZR1 or nothing and immediately began the long journey to ZR1 ownership. So in my opinion, the Dubai debut was PERFECT lol. Order details below
Old 10-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
So if it was shown in Detroit it would have had a different outcome? If you saw it on a dealer lot or a local car show would there have been a different outcome? Of course not, point proven.
Location wouldn't have mattered to me. I just thought it was an amusing story based on the original post.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:25 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts

The actual car that was displayed at the Dubai Show is of Middle East spec (required side markers on mirrors) and shows up every so often in social media. To my knowledge that car is customer owned at this point and several have gone to that part of the world. In fact in many regions corvettes are regarded as extremely exclusive much like a high end Ferrari or Lambo is in the US. Makes sense that GM would debut there to gain some needed exposure in a growing market

Get notified of new replies

To Was the ZR1 Debut In Dubai worth it or would Detroit have been better?

Quick Reply: Was the ZR1 Debut In Dubai worth it or would Detroit have been better?