C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Time to Kill Nurburgring Lap Record Reporting

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:28 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by serpent
Finally someone talking sense. Dont forget the weight advantage and transmission advantage. GM should have piloted a DCT in the ZR1. I have no idea why they stuck with the A8, which is known to be slower than the ZF A8 in the hellcat. I think power advantage is with the RS too, those things put down over 680rwhp.

GM will definitely have to step their game up by offering more options on the Corvette. Starting with a front lift kit, which all the top euro car makes have. Lift kit raises the front to clear driveways and speed bumps.
price of the tarted up zr1 lt5 is too high just like it was back in the day. I like the new car but the 120-150k the car fetches is a bit much.

so now look at the pooch sheesh louise give me that $ and I'll show you a better lap time out of an old turd. come on, you are comparing lightweights with heavy weights financially and expecting somehow the stocker gm will nip out the pooch

I'm glad gm brought back a last harrah for the c7, but for that kind of dough, I want more pizzaz and I agree the tranny and especially the traction management software (*like mercedes*_) could use a bit of improvement too.

The zr1 is a tremedous car, but not enough of a bump over the more plebian z06 which already struggles to hook. As a track car, it's heavy, and eats up everything, and yes, the auto will still melt down will all those rads.

at least you can still get the stick which while good, I agree that the overall feel is trimming your nails with an Ax rather than inspiring confidence.

My fav quotes come from my porsche folks that came over to the vette camp after getting fed up with the high $ maint and buy in on the porsche

Quick Reply: Time to Kill Nurburgring Lap Record Reporting