C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Rick Conti has a ZR1 for sale now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 11:37 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts
Default Rick Conti has a ZR1 for sale now!

I just saw this today
The following users liked this post:
range96 (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 12:20 PM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

There's been a few dealerships that has gotten extra ZR1 allocations out of the blue.

Last edited by D'ZR1 Messiah; 11-15-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Looks like a buyer that fell through. 1ZR,manual, no ZTK. Cheapest you could build.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:12 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Since when is a retailers lack of these "allocations" the consumers issue? What late model Corvette has not ultimately seen $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 discounts? Just remember all the BS that accompanied the C6 ZR1. "Tight allocations", "limited production", "investment potential", "exclusivity", blah, blah, blah. Oh well, what do I know, history never repeats itself.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:38 PM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

If that was the last ZR1 I wouldn't buy from him! I contacted him two, repeat two years ago & asked him numerous times through email, texts, left him voice messages (because you know he's Mr. World, he's busy and cant answer his phone) about being his number one allocation (before he even had a list) and he assured me he could do that. Around release time, what do you know, he started giving me the run around, ignoring me, etc.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Since when is a retailers lack of these "allocations" the consumers issue? What late model Corvette has not ultimately seen $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 discounts? Just remember all the BS that accompanied the C6 ZR1. "Tight allocations", "limited production", "investment potential", "exclusivity", blah, blah, blah. Oh well, what do I know, history never repeats itself.
You mad bro.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:54 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Looks like a buyer that fell through. 1ZR,manual, no ZTK. Cheapest you could build.
Sean.. he told me he bought it from another dealer. Not planning to make squat on it.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:45 PM
dino333
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Rick Conti has a ZR-1 to sell.

I believe it came from Kelsey Chevrolet in Greendale,In They had it for a couple of weeks and decided to sell it to another dealer. It was still there Tuesday when I drove by.

Last edited by dino333; 11-16-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

I bought two Vettes from Rick Conti.. my experience was good both times.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

Sean.. he told me he bought it from another dealer. Not planning to make squat on it.
Sorry I wasn't implying anything about the dealer. I was just noting that whomever ordered it looks like they were trying to go for the lowest priced model. I can see track guys going for a 1ZR but this didn't have the ZTK. Just an observation. At least it's a manual.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Sorry I wasn't implying anything about the dealer. I was just noting that whomever ordered it looks like they were trying to go for the lowest priced model. I can see track guys going for a 1ZR but this didn't have the ZTK. Just an observation. At least it's a manual.
I didnt think you were... 😊
Old 11-15-2018, 08:39 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,973 Likes on 1,215 Posts

How do you get that?
Was there a TSB related to this?
All cars to be built yet will have it?
Applying ZTK calibration to non-ZTK cars?

They 'managed' to add:
Jake satin hood stinger
Carbon flash wheels
Battery Protection Package
Sounds like a poorly optioned car that didn't sell at the ordering dealer. Wasted allocation.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-20-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 11-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by range96
They 'managed' to add:
Jake satin hood stinger
Carbon flash wheels
Battery Protection Package
Sounds like a poorly optioned car that didn't sell at the ordering dealer. Wasted allocation.
UPSIDE: Barret Jackson 20 years from now: “Only ZR1 in the world optioned this way”.. 😂
Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MustOBeenYellow2015Z
If that was the last ZR1 I wouldn't buy from him! I contacted him two, repeat two years ago & asked him numerous times through email, texts, left him voice messages (because you know he's Mr. World, he's busy and cant answer his phone) about being his number one allocation (before he even had a list) and he assured me he could do that. Around release time, what do you know, he started giving me the run around, ignoring me, etc.
Hum sounds exactly like my deal with him. Only that i bought both of my previous C7's from him at full msrp. Offered deposit 3 years ago to get on the early zr1 list only to get told your on top. Then cars start getting built for other people and I got ignored. I want ever deal with him again either. Gave me such a bad taste for the brand i jumped ship.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

be a good drag car when it can be cracked
Old 11-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Johnp94
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 123 Posts

Sucks that these guys were let down, if they are mad I understand why. I’m wondering if he gets big bonuses from the buyer for getting the first cars. Wondering if the biggest slider gets the car. I have zero understanding of the car sales industry. Just wondering.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:52 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Johnp94
Sucks that these guys were let down, if they are mad I understand why. I’m wondering if he gets big bonuses from the buyer for getting the first cars. Wondering if the biggest slider gets the car. I have zero understanding of the car sales industry. Just wondering.
I think GM makes it hard on salesmen/dealers on cars like the ZR1. Nobody knew what the allocation criteria was going to be ahead of time. GM decided to base ZR1 allication on only Z06 sales for a preceding 1 year period. Not total Vette sales or C6 ZR1 sales. some dealers who were concentrating on Grand Sports (like Rick Conti) during that period, ended up getting way fewer allocations than they thought. I sent a deposit to Rick without knowing if it would even be helpful. He really didnt want it. The salesman is caught between a hard place and a rock IMO.. GM really isn’t helping them out the way they keep everyone in the dark on lots of things. I think the salespeople rarely tell us how they are treated. They catch **** from both ends. The C6 I bought from Rick I got under the Z plan (employee discount)and it was one of the first Torch Red (it was in constraint)Grand Sport convertibles made. At that time I would have been willing to pay MSRP... I got it on Sept 9, 2009... My ZR1 I got on June 26 th and it would have been sooner but I got passed over for the first round because my car is a manual. Had I ordered an auto, it would have been a month earlier. Rick detailed the car himself finishing at 2AM the morning if the demivery day thrn helped me mask off the entire front end with 3m painters tape for the 700 mile trip home (though Chicago). Paid MSRP for the ZR1 and Rick covered the cost of removing the CUP 2’s and mounting and balancing the Pilot SS... I didnt even ask him for that. He just did it. I have nothing but good to say about him but the guy is under tons of pressure and maybe some people dont understand that. I think sometimes we ask car dealers to make us delivery promises they really arent in a position to make. An example right now is that dealers should not still be in the dark about whether they will have ZR1’s to sell next year or C7’s at all for that matter. IMO, GM goes out of its way to make marketing plans for dealers extra difficult. This puts a strain on the dealer/customer relationship. .

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 11-16-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Conti has a ZR1 for sale now!

Old 11-16-2018, 05:25 AM
D'ZR1 Messiah
Pro

Received 356 Likes on 157 Posts

I’ve never bought a car from Rick but I’ve been fortunate enough to have spent some time with him and occasionally text back and forth. From what I can tell is he’s an awesome guy who tries to go the extra mile for his customers. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences that others have had with him and will not discount your feelings or what you’ve gone through because I wasn’t there. But I believe Rick to be one of the good guys out there and happy to call him a friend.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:12 AM
MustOBeenYellow2015Z
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow, thats really unfortunate you jumped ship, GM should strip all his ZR1 allocations, he acts like this good guy but he's bad for the corvette brand.

I bought my 2015 Z07 from him at full MSRP as well. When I contacted him about the ZR1, I told him that I wanted to stay loyal to him. When doing the deal on my 2015 Z07 I sent him, his assistant, & his corvette tech Chuck Dominio's. So it wasn't like I was a jerk to him.

Originally Posted by lawdogg149
Hum sounds exactly like my deal with him. Only that i bought both of my previous C7's from him at full msrp. Offered deposit 3 years ago to get on the early zr1 list only to get told your on top. Then cars start getting built for other people and I got ignored. I want ever deal with him again either. Gave me such a bad taste for the brand i jumped ship.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:00 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Car salesman fed enthusiasts outrageous lines of BS about the C6 ZR1s when they hit the streets. That car was to be the highest HP Corvette of all time and never to be outdone by any subsequent edition due to EPA restrictions, gas mileage mandates, and any other lies they could come up with. There are some retailers here who have excellent reputations and endorsements from repeat customers that do not fit into this foul, stereotypical class of grease *****. Fold up your wallet and run when you hear about tight allocations, limited production, etc., all hype and BS to get an unsophisticated customer to bend over.

Quick Reply: Rick Conti has a ZR1 for sale now!