1/2 mile speeds with Stock ZR1 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

1/2 mile speeds with Stock ZR1

Old 11-17-2018, 10:09 PM
  #1  
sr71bb
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: DFW texas
Posts: 198
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Default 1/2 mile speeds with Stock ZR1

I was fortunate enough to run the AMP's ZR1 at the WANNAGOFAST Dallas event this past weekend. With the stock tire setup, traction was a little bit iIFFY but the car ran a best of around 162MPH. That is about the same as a stock C7 Z06 but remember the enormous wing this car carries probably cost around 4-5 MPH. I know at the MILE for instance, a stock ZR1 went 191 WITHOUT the wing.which was about 7 MPH faster than when the wing was installed.

Car at the end of the half mile was extremely stable no doubt due to the downforce that wing produces at speed. As a point of comparison, AMP's C7 with over TWICE the HP of the ZR1 did 199.82 (world record) at the same event It just shows you how much MORE power is needed to push these cars through the wind at speed.
sr71bb is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:32 AM
  #2  
Fore58
CF Senior Member
 
Fore58's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 2,970
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Stock C7 Z06s are around 149-154. .....close observer here at the Wannagofast Ocala Florida. Not enough HP to accomplish 162

Last edited by Fore58; 11-18-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Fore58 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM
  #3  
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member
 
Too-Fast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Chester County Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,598
Thanked 119 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fore58 View Post
Stock C7 Z06s are around 149-154. .....close observer here at the Wannagofast Ocala Florida. Not enough HP to accomplish 162
I have not seen a stock C7 Z06 run in the 160ís in a Half Mile.
Too-Fast is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 03:57 PM
  #4  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 894
Thanked 227 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Too-Fast View Post


I have not seen a stock C7 Z06 run in the 160ís in a Half Mile.
I made several runs of 160 with a couple in the 161 mph range a couple of years ago at a half mile event. Mods were Halltech intake, expansion tank packed with ice, and really good weather conditions. Everything else was stock including tune.

There was a Hertz rental Z06 last weekend at the WannaGoFast event that ran 159 mph. Pretty crazy and cool times we live in.




Last edited by h3mpking; 11-18-2018 at 03:58 PM.
h3mpking is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:01 PM
  #5  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 894
Thanked 227 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
I was fortunate enough to run the AMP's ZR1 at the WANNAGOFAST Dallas event this past weekend. With the stock tire setup, traction was a little bit iIFFY but the car ran a best of around 162MPH. That is about the same as a stock C7 Z06 but remember the enormous wing this car carries probably cost around 4-5 MPH. I know at the MILE for instance, a stock ZR1 went 191 WITHOUT the wing.which was about 7 MPH faster than when the wing was installed.

Car at the end of the half mile was extremely stable no doubt due to the downforce that wing produces at speed. As a point of comparison, AMP's C7 with over TWICE the HP of the ZR1 did 199.82 (world record) at the same event It just shows you how much MORE power is needed to push these cars through the wind at speed.
No doubt the wing cost mph. I was hoping to see it run whithout the wing to see what it would do in the good DA.

h3mpking is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
  #6  
sr71bb
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: DFW texas
Posts: 198
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Well there was a stock 2018 Z06 that ran 159.17 at the WANNAGOFAST event this past weekend. I guess we just run faster down here in Texas :LOL

Last edited by sr71bb; 11-19-2018 at 09:45 AM.
sr71bb is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 PM
  #7  
Fore58
CF Senior Member
 
Fore58's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 2,970
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Default

For a comparison....Hellcats were slightly faster maybe 1-2 mph at same track.
Fore58 is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 AM
  #8  
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member
 
Too-Fast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Chester County Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,598
Thanked 119 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by h3mpking View Post


I made several runs of 160 with a couple in the 161 mph range a couple of years ago at a half mile event. Mods were Halltech intake, expansion tank packed with ice, and really good weather conditions. Everything else was stock including tune.

There was a Hertz rental Z06 last weekend at the WannaGoFast event that ran 159 mph. Pretty crazy and cool times we live in.



Really good Half Mile speeds, modified intake and ice can on a fuel line is not stock. Stock C7 Z06ís do not typically run in the 160ís in the Half Mile, from a standing start.
Too-Fast is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:59 AM
  #9  
h3mpking
CF Senior Member
 
h3mpking's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 894
Thanked 227 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Too-Fast View Post


Really good Half Mile speeds, modified intake and ice can on a fuel line is not stock. Stock C7 Z06ís do not typically run in the 160ís in the Half Mile, from a standing start.

I agree.. I was stating what it took me to get car over the 160 hump, which isnít stock.

Most stock stage 1 aero A8 cars will see 153-155 give or take

Last edited by h3mpking; 11-19-2018 at 07:03 AM.
h3mpking is online now  
Old 11-19-2018, 08:44 AM
  #10  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,078
Thanked 747 Times in 437 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Best I could run stock M7 Z was low 150s , Stage 3 Aero. Stock C6ZR1 was 157. Waiting for some good info on M7 C7ZR, Big Azz Wing

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 11-20-2018 at 10:12 AM.
DebRedZR1 is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:50 AM
  #11  
Too-Fast
CF Senior Member
 
Too-Fast's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Chester County Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,598
Thanked 119 Times in 106 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by h3mpking View Post



I agree.. I was stating what it took me to get car over the 160 hump, which isnít stock.

Most stock stage 1 aero A8 cars will see 153-155 give or take
Too-Fast is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 PM
  #12  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 842 Times in 699 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Best I could run stock M7 Z was low 150s , Stage 3 Aero. Stock C6Z was 157. Waiting for some good info on M7 C7ZR, Big Azz Wing
157 in a C6ZR1 not the C6Z Some get the wrong idea!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-19-2018 at 06:42 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 09:30 PM
  #13  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,587
Thanked 251 Times in 199 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Best I could run stock M7 Z was low 150s , Stage 3 Aero. Stock C6Z was 157. Waiting for some good info on M7 C7ZR, Big Azz Wing
Was this a c6zr1 or c6z06?

my stock c6zo6 seemed quite a bit faster then my stock stage 1 aero m7c7zo6.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-19-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 10:14 AM
  #14  
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West MICH, and JAX, FLA
Posts: 17,078
Thanked 747 Times in 437 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
157 in a C6ZR1 not the C6Z Some get the wrong idea!
Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post

Was this a c6zr1 or c6z06?

my stock c6zo6 seemed quite a bit faster then my stock stage 1 aero m7c7zo6.
C6ZR1, sorry was faster in the half > C7ZM7, C7Z was faster in the 1/4.
DebRedZR1 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: