C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Just got my TPW

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 09:20 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by c5c6c7
But he said he had already sold his car to someone......
Yes through the dealership to get the tax credit..
Old 11-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
The dealer trades your car in and immediately sells it to a new owner (supplied by you). Scheme to cheat on sales taxes, where you only pay tax on the difference between your trade in and the price of the new car.
that is not cheating. It’s perfectly valid per the law. In Missouri you can sell your car privately and so long as you have a bill of sale signed by you and the new owner of your car you can deduct the amount you sold your old car against the sale price of the new car and only pay sales tax against the differential cost. You have 180 days / 6 months to get the credits. If the price of your prior car sale is equal or greater then the new car you buy you pay no sales tax.

This is is a valid per tax law.
The following users liked this post:
2019 ZR1 (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 10:19 AM
Jack-TX
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 61 Posts

I believe all of the specific dealer's allocations were scheduled for a TPW (or maybe month) from there very beginning. This only makes good business sense, especially if you have a 1-year build. I ordered in January, and knew within a couple of months that my dealer's allocation was scheduled for a Q4 build date. Low-and-behold, Q4 rolls around and my TPW came up. I think some of the dealers may just have offered their allocation up for sale a lot later in the build year, but those are harder to find and more "iffy" from a retail standpoint. The wait is frustrating, but I think the end product will be worth it from everything I have seen and read. There is nothing in this price range (new vs new) that will touch the performance of the ZR1.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo

that is not cheating. It’s perfectly valid per the law. In Missouri you can sell your car privately and so long as you have a bill of sale signed by you and the new owner of your car you can deduct the amount you sold your old car against the sale price of the new car and only pay sales tax against the differential cost. You have 180 days / 6 months to get the credits. If the price of your prior car sale is equal or greater then the new car you buy you pay no sales tax.

This is is a valid per tax law.
Varies state by state. Some state allows it only at the time of actual sale by the dealer. Private sales are excluded.

Quick Reply: Just got my TPW