C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Chevy Dude delivers non ZTK ZR1, but with big wing

Old 12-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts
Default Chevy Dude delivers non ZTK ZR1, but with big wing

His youtube explains what happened. But what is odd to me: the salesman or the PDI man couldn’t figure out there might be a wing mix-up when the car showed up from the factory wearing MPSS’s instead of Cup 2’s? Did they actually believe they were getting the ZTK package for free? Now they will unscrew the front vertical splitters from the customers car? He also gives his theory of Streetspeed Mike’s two ZR1situation. Another factory error? (Cough)....You decide.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

The perfect street car... ZTK with MPSS instead of Cup2's! Would love to be able to 'choose' the tire.

Best Regards,
Dave

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 12-04-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz
The perfect street car... ZTK with MPSS instead of Cup2's! Would love to be able to 'choose' the tire.

Best Regards,
Dave
I ordered the ZTK COUPE M7.... ordered a set of MPSS from Discount Tire direct and had them shipped directly to my dealer. They were there a month before my car arrived. Sold the Cup 2’s to a Forum member... dealer swapped tires during PDI...thry shipped new Cups directly to my buyer... I drove my car home with MPSS’s.... all kind of a pain in the ***. GM should have allowed the choice on the order form. But still happy I took the effort to do it from the get go. Btw. Paid $1600 for the MPSS... got $1100 for the Cups. Worth it to me.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria

I ordered the ZTK COUPE M7.... ordered a set of MPSS from Discount Tire direct and had them shipped directly to my dealer. They were there a month before my car arrived. Sold the Cup 2’s to a Forum member... dealer swapped tires during PDI...thry shipped new Cups directly to my buyer... I drove my car home with MPSS’s.... all kind of a pain in the ***. GM should have allowed the choice on the order form. But still happy I took the effort to do it from the get go. Btw. Paid $1600 for the MPSS... got $1100 for the Cups. Worth it to me.
Agreed, would be great to be a stand alone option! My dad did same thing on his Z07 Museum Delivery... I sent him my spare chrome ZR1 wheels... and he had a set of MPSS shipped to local Discount tire across from Museum... and had the oem wheel/tire shipped home... and we then swapped MPSS on OEM wheels... and sold his Cup 2's as well.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 12-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

I clicked off the video after he rambled on for 10 minutes continuously repeating himself. Right before I clicked off, he said the C7 ZR1 was a one model year car and that the ME is going to be $150K. Guy is so full of bs.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz
Agreed, would be great to be a stand alone option! My dad did same thing on his Z07 Museum Delivery... I sent him my spare chrome ZR1 wheels... and he had a set of MPSS shipped to local Discount tire across from Museum... and had the oem wheel/tire shipped home... and we then swapped MPSS on OEM wheels... and sold his Cup 2's as well.

Best Regards,
Dave
Why didn’t they do this?. Offer a dual tire/wheel package option. Stock wheels/MPSS’s on the car with a Shelby GT 350R style ultra light carbon fiber wheel with Cup 2 R’s sent to address of your choice. Factory option making legit track time records with them possible. My bet: At least 1/2 the ZTK buyers would order them.... especially with a 6:50 Ring time to go with that wheel tire combo.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zora.Info
I clicked off the video after he rambled on for 10 minutes continuously repeating himself. Right before I clicked off, he said the C7 ZR1 was a one model year car and that the ME is going to be $150K. Guy is so full of bs.
I was thinking same thing. But then I thought “its click bait”... the garage sweeper knows the ZTK package comes with Cup 2 tires. The guy can't be that dumb. He has to know the base C8 cant be over 70k with modest options. $150k+ for the 800 hp 5.5 L twin turbo DOHC .. whenever that comes out.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 12-03-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 PM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

How do you install the big wing and front end caps on a customers vehicle, let him drive out of the showroom and then call him and tell him we have to remove that??? Wow is that dealer absolutely dumb! Yeah I wanna spend 150K with that dealership!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

I was thinking same thing. But then I thought “its click bait”... the garage sweeper knows the ZTK package comes with Cup 2 tires. The guy can't be that dumb. He has to know the base C8 cant be over 70k with modest options. $150k+ for the 800 hp 5.5 L twin turbo DOHC .. whenever that comes out.
Yeah. It was so stupid that it was laughable. Also he didn't know what the roof halo blackout decal was. Someone had to correct him in the comments section. And he's supposed to be so knowledgable
Old 12-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Zora.Info
Racer

Originally Posted by TON C7S
How do you install the big wing and front end caps on a customers vehicle, let him drive out of the showroom and then call him and tell him we have to remove that??? Wow is that dealer absolutely dumb! Yeah I wanna spend 150K with that dealership!
Exactly. Ok, so the supplier (NOT GM) of the carbon fiber aero parts screwed up... so then that leaves it to your dealership to make sure everything matches before they install parts into your $150K car. Real nice and professional over there, cant even take the time to quickly go over the lapers to make sure everything is correct.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:29 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

I am sure it's possible, I have a small wing on it's way to me, and already have Forgeline carbon/forged wheels with MPSS on the car so I can drive in the cold and wet
Old 12-04-2018, 07:20 AM
vetteb_96C
Pro

Received 270 Likes on 121 Posts

I'm doing the exact same thing. Bought my MPSS's at Discount tire during their black Friday sale. Having the dealer swap them out upon delivery. Hopefully they can swap them with no damage.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:27 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Why didn’t they do this?
This has been answered a few times but: the issue is that most people don't realize how integral a set of tires is to things like suspension tuning, PTM tuning, and whatnot. The ZTK's chassis controls tuning is different from the non-ZTK's tuning. That includes an expectation of stickier rubber with a certain amount of suspension compliance; remember: tires are the first part of the suspension, just like they're the first part of the brakes!

Can you run the street tires on ZTK? Of course. Just like you can do the same thing with the Z07-optioned Z06s (I do it for street use). But GM hasn't got the time or other resources to alter the tuning and then validate it against two different types of tires. The tuning and final validation assumes the stickier tires.
The following 2 users liked this post by jvp:
DebRedZR1 (12-04-2018), propete (12-06-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Originally Posted by jvp
This has been answered a few times but: the issue is that most people don't realize how integral a set of tires is to things like suspension tuning, PTM tuning, and whatnot. The ZTK's chassis controls tuning is different from the non-ZTK's tuning. That includes an expectation of stickier rubber with a certain amount of suspension compliance; remember: tires are the first part of the suspension, just like they're the first part of the brakes!

Can you run the street tires on ZTK? Of course. Just like you can do the same thing with the Z07-optioned Z06s (I do it for street use). But GM hasn't got the time or other resources to alter the tuning and then validate it against two different types of tires. The tuning and final validation assumes the stickier tires.
thanks.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:31 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by jvp

Exactly what I was told by Harlan when I asked for a choice in tires ........................................ .....................As for the vid I can't watch these blathering idiots that go on and on about nothing spreading fake news . Not hard to figure out ZTK vs non ZTK or how to order a ZR1.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 12-04-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:17 PM
BearZ06
Safety Car

Received 1,311 Likes on 765 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Waste of a click= click bait
Old 12-04-2018, 11:19 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

1) In the video, he says the carbon fiber targa top should have a black out decal. The black decal is on the b-pillar, not the targa top.

2) The wing is shipped separately from the car by the supplier directly to the dealership. Not a GM or plant mistake.

Another reason to buy from an expert Corvette salesman like Mike Furman. This would not have gotten by him.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:29 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,750 Likes on 3,172 Posts

My take on the "screw up" is

the parts guy at the dealer or whoever's in charge of taking in those boxes when they get shipped screwed up the which ZR gets which Boxand gave the tech the ZTK box for the non ZTK car.

I mean even this YouTube guy screwed up the VIN when he was looking at the invoice confusing the two cars just imagine what those parts guys are doing in the back LOL he's dealing with 10 problems a day they're dealing with 200 each I did that job when I was a kid and it was a pain in the ***.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 PM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

Default It’s all in the name

Davenport and Dufus start with the same first letter.

This situation is totally inexcusable.

Furman and Finest start with the same first letter.

41 consecutive years selling the Corvette brand is all that needs to be said.

A legend.

Go with the best......and forget the rest.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy Dude delivers non ZTK ZR1, but with big wing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevy Dude delivers non ZTK ZR1, but with big wing