C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Speaker Grill Buzz/Rattle Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 08:37 PM
HTXSkydiver
Pro

Received 363 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Speaker Grill Buzz/Rattle Fix?

I’m getting an almost constant buzz/rattle out of the rear passenger side speaker grill (on side directly behind passenger seat) or panel on my ZR1. The same as in my 2014 Stingray, only much worse and more consistent. It stops when I press on the grill itself that is inlaid on the plastic interior panel but wedging thin rubber pieces into the panel gaps hasn’t helped. I think this has been solved in the past however I can’t find the info. Anyone fixed this issue?
Old 12-08-2018, 08:12 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Plenty of information out there even pics on what it is and how to fix.

it's the plastic rubbing against the body of the car.

at the plant when that trim panel is installed there is a small foam piece affixed to the interfering part or on body idr.

Over time, some lose their grip and slide or vibrate whatever out of the way just enough to allow the part to make direct contact.

it's annoying and easily remedied by dealer.

I had one in my driver's door whenever stereo was turned up even moderately. Certain harmonic resonancewould set it off. . Drove me nuts.

ended up being a little tiny speaker or microphone in the door panel that you can see through the small vents. From the vibration through the door it came apart inside of itself and they replaced it - noise gone

good luck.

Quick Reply: Speaker Grill Buzz/Rattle Fix?