C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

1407 Delivered Shadow Gray Metallic Pix

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:24 AM
DoctorV8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
Save maybe the Mangusta
Dude....you have/had a Mangusta? My hero. Pics?

Sweet ZR1 too, BTW.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorV8
Dude....you have/had a Mangusta? My hero. Pics?

Sweet ZR1 too, BTW.
Hahahaha - Thanks. The Goose was a V8 powered go-cart always full of surprises but not bad for 1969. The Blue Streaks were the only thing I could find that tamed it.

Here you go...

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 12-20-2018 at 07:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DoctorV8 (12-20-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 03:26 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Hahahaha - Thanks. The Goose was a V8 powered go-cart always full of surprises but not bad for 1969. The Blue Streaks were the only thing I could find that tamed it.

Here you go...

Oh my!!!
The Goose is, IMO, TO THIS DAY, the best looking exotic of all time.
Repo Pilot (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Oh my!!!
The Goose is, IMO, TO THIS DAY, the best looking exotic of all time.
Yes Sir. It was a bad *** car at the time. 401 produced, 250 delivered to the US. 98 inch wheel base (7 inches longer than a MGB). It was a small car. Only weighed 2600 #. The roof line barely met my belt line (I'm 6'1"). The 351 Windsor was bored into the water jackets and sleeved for about 400 cubes, Holley 4150 850 CFM dual inlet double pumper. 420 flywheel horsepower. Slow shifting (because of the long linkage) ZF 5-speed mounted upside down for ground clearance. 0-60 in 4 seconds and a top end of 150. Cobra Killer. Great AutoCross car but the aerodynamics left much to be desired as it would start flying and get real light on the steering at about 130 (true airspeed) as the engine compartment was open to the road below. However, it was a blast to drive and quite the looker.

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 12-21-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:13 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

It's a wonder you're alive!!
Repo Pilot (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 06:18 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,441 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Fantastic color combo on the ZR. Congrats.

And very cool Goose !!
Repo Pilot (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rob62
It's a wonder you're alive!!
Proof that God takes care of dumb-*** Irish pure jet pilots
Old 12-21-2018, 07:02 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Yes Sir. It was a bad *** car at the time. 401 produced, 250 delivered to the US. 98 inch wheel base (7 inches longer than a MGB). It was a small car. Only weighed 2600 #. The roof line barely met my belt line (I'm 6'1"). The 351 Windsor was bored into the water jackets and sleeved for about 400 cubes, Holley 4150 850 CFM dual inlet double pumper. 420 flywheel horsepower. Slow shifting (because of the long linkage) ZF 5-speed mounted upside down for ground clearance. 0-60 in 4 seconds and a top end of 150. Cobra Killer. Great AutoCross car but the aerodynamics left much to be desired as it would start flying and get real light on the steering at about 130 (true airspeed) as the engine compartment was open to the road below. However, it was a blast to drive and quite the looker.
Yep, the cars of that era not only didn't have downforce, they had buckets of LIFT. I saw an interview with Mario or A.J. or one of the LeMans GT40 drivers and he said the GT40 on the Mulsanne straight literally felt like the front wheels weren't touching the ground!
But, to paraphrase "Fernando": "It is better to look good than to drive good dahling, and you look mahvelous"
Thomasmoto (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 07:18 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Proof that God takes care of dumb-*** Irish pure jet pilots
My dad was a pilot in wwII flying a modified B-17. Bottom gun turret removed and replaced with a boat that could be dropped for downed pilots.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:21 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default dealership

What an awesome color. It all depends on where the light source is and at what angle it is reflecting. Blueish in direct sun light, or silver, light gray, dark gray and close to black again, depending on the reflective angle. The paint is way better than it was on my '14, but it still needs help. Look at the passenger door in the right rear photo and you can see vertical distortions. It is in the clear coat. So the first stop is for a wet sand and buff out. Then the Xpel.

The car is lowered as far as the factory adjustments would take it and realigned (it needed it after coming off the transport). And I had the bicycle reflectors on the side and rear "treated". They still reflect when you shine a light directly on them and the marker lights are visible Also the cups are replaced by SS3's.

What an amazing car with more personality than any Porsche or any other car I ever owned - Save maybe the Mangusta hahahaha. Completely BadAzz and worth the wait.

What dealership is that?
Old 12-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

StingRay in Plant City, FL. Great people there.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Wickedgame65
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic! I also went with the shadow gray... I lucked out and found one in PA exactly like the one I was going to order... My baby will arrive in my drive way in NC Thursday night... I can't wait!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Wickedgame65
Fantastic! I also went with the shadow gray... I lucked out and found one in PA exactly like the one I was going to order... My baby will arrive in my drive way in NC Thursday night... I can't wait!
Outstanding !! Post some pix when you can.

I still can't get over how this car constantly "changes colors".

Way too cool
Old 01-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Wickedgame65
8th Gear

Outstanding !! Post some pix when you can.

I still can't get over how this car constantly "changes colors".

Way too cool
I will, if I figure out how to do that. New to form... I own a 07 yellow Z51 corvette I bought two years ago, my every day driver... The thrill of driving it never goes away...
Old 01-02-2019, 04:54 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

I will, if I figure out how to do that. New to form... I own a 07 yellow Z51 corvette I bought two years ago, my every day driver... The thrill of driving it never goes away...
Hahahaha - Welcome to the forum. I would suggest resizing your images to around a megabyte before posting them. That seemed to solve the issues I was having with posting pictures at first.

This is Corvette # 4 for me. My previous 'vette was a '14 C7-Z51. And I hear you about being well balanced and a blast to drive. Its new home is with a forum member (jbretthorton) who lives nearby so I still get to "visit" her.

You will not believe how different the ZR feels as compared to the Z51 or the Z06 if you've had a change to drive one. The word graceful comes to mind as the steering feedback and tracking is phenomenal.

The car does not have an accelerator pedal. It is a "detonator" that dishes out phenomenal torque at just about any engine RPM and when the boost kicks in your line becomes more of a trajectory.

I'm going to get myself out to Ron Fellows this spring as this is definitely a car you are never really going to figure out on the street nor appreciate it's potential and fully understand it's nanny's personalities until you get it on a road course.

Welcome to the "family"...

Cheers, Kev

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 01-02-2019 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Wickedgame65
8th Gear

Hahahaha - Welcome to the forum. I would suggest resizing your images to around a megabyte before posting them. That seemed to solve the issues I was having with posting pictures at first.

This is Corvette # 4 for me. My previous 'vette was a '14 C7-Z51. And I hear you about being well balanced and a blast to drive. Its new home is with a forum member (jbretthorton) who lives nearby so I still get to "visit" her.

You will not believe how different the ZR feels as compared to the Z51 or the Z06 if you've had a change to drive one. The word graceful comes to mind as the steering feedback and tracking is phenomenal.

The car does not have an accelerator pedal. It is a "detonator" that dishes out phenomenal torque at just about any engine RPM and when the boost kicks in your line becomes more of a trajectory.

I'm going to get myself out to Ron Fellows this spring as this is definitely a car you are never really going to figure out on the street nor appreciate it's potential and fully understand it's nanny's personalities until you get it on a road course.

Welcome to the "family"...

Cheers, Kev
Thank you! Glad to be here,and appreciate the tips.
I live in a small town, my local Chevy dealerships are small, so the average Corvette is a stingray and a occasional grand sport. So I have not had the opportunity to drive the higher end Corvette. As a matter of fact, when I stopped in to inquire about getting a ZR1, they asked if my husband was with me, and tried to steer me to the stingray on the showroom floor.. 😏.... Needless to say, we had a "come to Jesus" conversation, and I was told I would probably not be able to buy one. Imagine my delight when I pull up to the dealership in my new ZR1 . Ha ha ..

Nice to know you get to visit your "old" girl.. 😁 I'm keeping mine, just can't part with her.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you! Glad to be here,and appreciate the tips.

... they asked if my husband was with me, and tried to steer me to the stingray on the showroom floor.. ��.... Needless to say, we had a "come to Jesus" conversation, and I was told I would probably not be able to buy one. Imagine my delight when I pull up to the dealership in my new ZR1 . Ha ha ..
Wish I could have been there to watch that happen. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new ZR - and make sure the video is rolling when you stop by "Good Ol Boys Chevrolet" with it

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 01-05-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 1407 Delivered Shadow Gray Metallic Pix