Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

 
Old 02-05-2019, 10:29 AM
  #101  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,235
Thanked 618 Times in 382 Posts
Default

AMG GTR is the answer if you have the cash.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 PM
  #102  
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 575
Thanked 85 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500 View Post


There are 2 parts sitting at my dealership, they wonít open the boxes until I bring the car in. Iíll let you know what it looks like...Iím trying to be optimistic...Iíll try and get out there on Friday.

Iím at my buddies house and his ZR1 is just sitting in the corner... his is pretty clean, very opposite of my car. Hood still is a different color yellow...BUT I noticed the inside of his Hood is cleared and shiny. Mine is all matte and oversprayed. Same with my other buddies ZR1, which just arrived last week. If I wasnít going to lose my ***, I wouldíve sold the car already for an AMG GTR.
I already looked into trading my ZR1 when it had 25 miles on it at two different dealers to get a feel for it and was offered 115k and 120k for 140k MSRP as trade in by two different dealers. So getting out of these cars without major hurting is not possible. They might be more valuable in a year or two when demand exceeds supply.
UnhandledException is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 12:40 PM
  #103  
Pizz
CF Senior Member
 
Pizz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 211
Thanked 46 Times in 36 Posts
Default

OP, I hope you get a quick resolution. With Corvette, I know I am getting trackable supercar performance with a killer warranty, but fit & finish quality will not be at supercar levels. That's not who Chevy is and I accept that. But this issue crosses the line for me.

I know you paid a lot for your ZR1, but this issue wouldn't be acceptable to me even if it was on a new Chevy Spark

Either the paint mismatch was acceptable to Chevy (within their design specification), or their quality system failed, resulting in cars that do not conform to the Chevy specification. There are no other causes for this. I'm interested in knowing which one it was/is and what they are doing about it. Having sold my Z06 to make room for a new ZR1, I'm all ears on this one.
Pizz is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:16 PM
  #104  
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member
 
blackvetterzo6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: DES PLAINES IL
Posts: 3,844
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500 View Post

The more i read about this car the more it makes me sick. Gorgous car, but honestly, thats a piece of **** for 130k, nothing against you, i would somehow get rid of that, its not worth **** like that, very sad.
blackvetterzo6 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 AM
  #105  
samgauto
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
samgauto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
This is just more rank speculation at best that has samgauto calling into question the credibility of the new car buyers who have these problems on their brand new vehicles. In my instant case, I personally spoke to the Jackie Cooper Transport driver as he left the BG lot with my ZR1 and he told me he would be at my local dealership at approximately noon the next day. Cooper Transport responded quite well to my inquiries after my vehicle sat for at least nine days on the lot after production on 08/13/2018. The driver arrived with my ZR1 at 12:45 P.M. 08/24/2018, less than 24 hours later, with the vehicle in the wrapper. I'll bet samgauto probably has a hard time believing this too based upon all his car selling experience and the prevailing bias that "buyers are liars" attitude in the business. My hood paint is mismatched metallic, obvious heavy spray coats and edge flow, dull "smear" like clear coat defects and small circular sander/ grinder marks beneath the color coat. There was also a scrape on the front splitter edge, a particulate defect in the paint on the roof halo and a "nickel" sized dent in the roof hatch panel adjacent to the window. This could not have all happened in the less than twenty-four hour transport period, especially with a repair attempt being the alleged cause of the paint problems. I know my situation does not apply in all other cases but for others to not believe that these cars leave BG and the QA check with obvious flaws, without any basis in fact, is speculative BS. Based on the known facts the quoted anecdotal situation of "taking in a used car" some time ago has no bearing whatsoever on the current production defects presented in the C7s. These paint problems have been present since the onset of production in 2013 and most new car dealers and customers were led to believe that the new $400 M BG paint shop would improve these problems. Now we are told many parts are not even painted by GM at the BG facility. This is no valid reason for the new C7 to make it through QA and leave BG with these issues.
Please don't shoot the messenger ROBWILKER. Not just as a former new and used car dealer, but when I started in the trenches 30 years ago, in the service department, I was responsible for searching for possible paint work on thousands of cars from local trades to auction purchases and I did see my share of vehicles with post assembly repaint work that we refused and returned (if the paint work was not disclosed to our buyer). I was going to say that if you were closer to me in Massachusetts, I would go to you and look at the car and tell you if I could detect any repaint work. However, in your case there was not any, as you state that you were able to track the delivery from the carrier and there was no possibility of damage in transport or at the dealership. Where that is the case, then this would be a factory issue indeed. I am not stating that buyers are liars. In that specific case I mentioned, the buyer of the car was never told by the dealership that the tops of the car were repainted prior to delivery so of course she was adamant that her car had never been repainted.

As a 2019 ZR1 owner myself (WGG), I can tell you that my paint match seems normal to fenders although the hood does now exhibit some paint draw as referenced in a recent TSB in which you can see the CF weave lines under the finish. This same issue appears on my 16 CTS-V (Phantom Gray which is same formula as WGG) which also has a carbon fiber hood but these are not paint match issues. I presume GM will resolve your issue with some sort of hood repaint/replacement.

Last edited by samgauto; 02-10-2019 at 12:44 AM.
samgauto is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:49 AM
  #106  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samgauto View Post
Please don't shoot the messenger ROBWILKER. Not just as a former new and used car dealer, but when I started in the trenches 30 years ago, in the service department, I was responsible for searching for possible paint work on thousands of cars from local trades to auction purchases and I did see my share of vehicles with post assembly repaint work that we refused and returned (if the paint work was not disclosed to our buyer). I was going to say that if you were closer to me in Massachusetts, I would go to you and look at the car and tell you if I could detect any repaint work. However, in your case there was not any, as you state that you were able to track the delivery from the carrier and there was no possibility of damage in transport or at the dealership. Where that is the case, then this would be a factory issue indeed. I am not stating that buyers are liars. In that specific case I mentioned, the buyer of the car was never told by the dealership that the tops of the car were repainted prior to delivery so of course she was adamant that her car had never been repainted.

As a 2019 ZR1 owner myself (WGG), I can tell you that my paint match seems normal to fenders although the hood does now exhibit some paint draw as referenced in a recent TSB in which you can see the CF weave lines under the finish. This same issue appears on my 16 CTS-V (Phantom Gray which is same formula as WGG) which also has a carbon fiber hood but these are not paint match issues. I presume GM will resolve your issue with some sort of hood repaint/replacement.
01/11/2019 Posted by SAMGAUTO: I agree. I find it hard to believe that left BGA like that. I am wondering if, sometime between release of the car at the plant, and final delivery to the customer, that something was accidentally damaged and an area needed to be repainted and this was not disclosed to the owner. Years ago at my family dealership, I remember taking a Pontiac Fiero in trade that an owner had bought new. During trade in appraisal, I found numerous tight tape lines around moldings on the car as well as some small pieces of oversprayed masking tape. The owner was adamant that her car never had paint work as she was the only owner. After contacting the selling dealer where she bought the car new, it was leaned that the car was damaged accidentally by a falling chain on the car carrier and then immediately painted to correct. The first buyer was never informed of this fact when the car was sold to her.

I am not trying to shoot anyone. My reply you are quoting is in response to the reply comment you posted as quoted above. Please tell me where your comments have any possible relevance to the body and paint issues in this thread? Your broad experience as a dealer, whether new or used, but taking in a used Pontiac Fiero on trade with indications of a hidden repaint has some bearing on newly delivered vehicles on an MSO directly from the factory. These are not cars that have previous owners and have been sold through an used car auction as you cite in your latest post. These vehicle have not fallen off a transport truck and repainted at a quick "bump shop." When you say: "I find it hard to believe that left BGA like that" you are calling into question the credibility of the OP and their version of facts as related herein. Furthermore, you seem to base this belief on a presumably many years ago anecdotal situation of what happened with a used GM defunct model that has not been produced for many years. In my opinion, your comment was made to detract from the actual facts since you have some apparant bias that calls into question the veracity of the situation as told by various ZR1 owners who have posted the facts of their individual situations. There have been numerous similar situations posted in this forum over the past several years articulating similar issues on newly purchased and delivered Corvettes. They have not all been ZR1s. I am glad that you, as a fellow C7 ZR1 owner, have not had the misfortune of experiencing any of these problems. I have two other late model Corvettes(C6 and C7) that have CF hoods, fenders, roofs and CF splitters and spoilers that have not shown any paint or body panel issues. The late model Camaros I also own were purchased new and have fine panels and paint. That does not justify calling into question the fact that others have taken delivery of vehicles shipped directly from the factory with these problems. There have been enough such manufacturing defect issues, as well as QA failures that allowed these cars out of the factory to detect a pattern regarding hood paint problems, panel defects and carbon fiber part deficiencies. Your comments offer no real advice or actual evidenciary facts to support your statement of disbelief. I stand by my reply post that you quoted. In other posts I have also commented my belief that these problems are no more prevalent on a ZR1 than any other model or domestic manufacturer. In my case GM stepped up and replaced my splitter immediately. The dealership's attempt to resolve or mitigate my problems has not yet worked. That does not mean GM will not work to resolve the problems as a warranty issue. As a matter of fact, I am certain GM will work to offer solutions and fix these problems more enthusiastically than some fellow forum members and Corvette owners.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:46 AM
  #107  
samgauto
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
samgauto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
01/11/2019 Posted by SAMGAUTO: I agree. I find it hard to believe that left BGA like that. I am wondering if, sometime between release of the car at the plant, and final delivery to the customer, that something was accidentally damaged and an area needed to be repainted and this was not disclosed to the owner. Years ago at my family dealership, I remember taking a Pontiac Fiero in trade that an owner had bought new. During trade in appraisal, I found numerous tight tape lines around moldings on the car as well as some small pieces of oversprayed masking tape. The owner was adamant that her car never had paint work as she was the only owner. After contacting the selling dealer where she bought the car new, it was leaned that the car was damaged accidentally by a falling chain on the car carrier and then immediately painted to correct. The first buyer was never informed of this fact when the car was sold to her.

I am not trying to shoot anyone. My reply you are quoting is in response to the reply comment you posted as quoted above. Please tell me where your comments have any possible relevance to the body and paint issues in this thread? Your broad experience as a dealer, whether new or used, but taking in a used Pontiac Fiero on trade with indications of a hidden repaint has some bearing on newly delivered vehicles on an MSO directly from the factory. These are not cars that have previous owners and have been sold through an used car auction as you cite in your latest post. These vehicle have not fallen off a transport truck and repainted at a quick "bump shop." When you say: "I find it hard to believe that left BGA like that" you are calling into question the credibility of the OP and their version of facts as related herein. Furthermore, you seem to base this belief on a presumably many years ago anecdotal situation of what happened with a used GM defunct model that has not been produced for many years. In my opinion, your comment was made to detract from the actual facts since you have some apparant bias that calls into question the veracity of the situation as told by various ZR1 owners who have posted the facts of their individual situations. There have been numerous similar situations posted in this forum over the past several years articulating similar issues on newly purchased and delivered Corvettes. They have not all been ZR1s. I am glad that you, as a fellow C7 ZR1 owner, have not had the misfortune of experiencing any of these problems. I have two other late model Corvettes(C6 and C7) that have CF hoods, fenders, roofs and CF splitters and spoilers that have not shown any paint or body panel issues. The late model Camaros I also own were purchased new and have fine panels and paint. That does not justify calling into question the fact that others have taken delivery of vehicles shipped directly from the factory with these problems. There have been enough such manufacturing defect issues, as well as QA failures that allowed these cars out of the factory to detect a pattern regarding hood paint problems, panel defects and carbon fiber part deficiencies. Your comments offer no real advice or actual evidenciary facts to support your statement of disbelief. I stand by my reply post that you quoted. In other posts I have also commented my belief that these problems are no more prevalent on a ZR1 than any other model or domestic manufacturer. In my case GM stepped up and replaced my splitter immediately. The dealership's attempt to resolve or mitigate my problems has not yet worked. That does not mean GM will not work to resolve the problems as a warranty issue. As a matter of fact, I am certain GM will work to offer solutions and fix these problems more enthusiastically than some fellow forum members and Corvette owners.
ROBWILKER, I believe my comments are definitely relevant and do not appreciate you trying paint them as not relevant to the paint issues in this thread. Once again, I simply point out the fact that I have seen paint damage that was not caused at the GM plant and occurred between new car build and delivery. I never said that a car fell of a truck as you stated. In the example I used with the customer's Pontiac, the dealer later admitted that this was caused by chain damage during unloading and for whatever reason the customer was never told of such. The fact that this occurred years ago, and that the specific model of a Pontiac Fiero (as you say defunct) that is no longer built is irrelevant. I could have stated that it was a Toyota Camry, as we were a Toyota dealer at one time, but I chose to honesty state an incident that actually happened at that time to me with that specific customer and her Pontiac.

By no means am I trying to question anyone's credibility, nor am I questioning yours, in simply stating that paint damage, that is NOT the fault of assembly, can and does occur at times...but hopefully not often. My comments are not made to detract from facts and I do not think this forum should be used as a bully pulpit to tell people otherwise. I admit that I am fortunate that I have not noticed this paint issue on my Z, Cadillac and numerous non-GM vehicles that I own. I am happy that you own other late model Corvettes with CF hoods as well as Camaro models without this issue.

In full disclosure, I have two relatives that work for GM corporate, although none are directly involved with Chevrolet assembly, so I don't have any inside information as to why you and some others are experiencing these disheartening hood mismatch paint issues. As I stated earlier, since you were able to track that your car went from BG assembly to dealership without issue the paint problem here is evidently an assembly issue. I truly hope that GM will offer you and everyone affected by this problem an acceptable solution.
samgauto is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:08 PM
  #108  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samgauto View Post
ROBWILKER, I believe my comments are definitely relevant and do not appreciate you trying paint them as not relevant to the paint issues in this thread. Once again, I simply point out the fact that I have seen paint damage that was not caused at the GM plant and occurred between new car build and delivery. I never said that a car fell of a truck as you stated. In the example I used with the customer's Pontiac, the dealer later admitted that this was caused by chain damage during unloading and for whatever reason the customer was never told of such. The fact that this occurred years ago, and that the specific model of a Pontiac Fiero (as you say defunct) that is no longer built is irrelevant. I could have stated that it was a Toyota Camry, as we were a Toyota dealer at one time, but I chose to honesty state an incident that actually happened at that time to me with that specific customer and her Pontiac.

By no means am I trying to question anyone's credibility, nor am I questioning yours, in simply stating that paint damage, that is NOT the fault of assembly, can and does occur at times...but hopefully not often. My comments are not made to detract from facts and I do not think this forum should be used as a bully pulpit to tell people otherwise. I admit that I am fortunate that I have not noticed this paint issue on my Z, Cadillac and numerous non-GM vehicles that I own. I am happy that you own other late model Corvettes with CF hoods as well as Camaro models without this issue.

In full disclosure, I have two relatives that work for GM corporate, although none are directly involved with Chevrolet assembly, so I don't have any inside information as to why you and some others are experiencing these disheartening hood mismatch paint issues. As I stated earlier, since you were able to track that your car went from BG assembly to dealership without issue the paint problem here is evidently an assembly issue. I truly hope that GM will offer you and everyone affected by this problem an acceptable solution.
Where exactly did I say you said anything fell off a truck? This comment was made as a theoretical reason, however preposterous it may be, since you disbelieve the OP's car left BG with the stated problems. You're right, it is just as ridiculous as the statemets you made to bolster your doubt. You've never encountered sarcasm before?

It's just terrible that you feel bullied especially after some of the comments you have made. You stated your doubts. I disagree with them and stated my reasons for having a contray opinion. Disagreement and stating my reasons for doing so are not a personal attack on you or anyone else. I feel all your "vast" family dealership experience and your reasons for disbelief have no bearing whatsoever on the actual issues being discussed here. You said you own a C7 ZR1 without problems. That's great. In rebuttal I offerred that I also have several vehicles off the BG production line that have no such problems. Only brought forth in this discussion because you offered the fact that your ZR1 has no problems. This is a forum for the open exchange and discussion of ideas for those who have a common interest in Corvettes. Your effort to characterize my statements of a differing opinion is your way of attempting to further justify your position. You're certainly entitiled to state your opinion. Again, the "bully" comment is just a diversion from weakness of your argument and your effort to make yourself some sort of victim. Are you serious? Really?
FYI, I too had a small roof ding in a 2017 Camaro ZL1 as a result of transport damage. It was promptly repaired by the dealership. I also have a close friend that is a truck transport driver who has related many anecdotal stories of transport truck damage. My family worked for GM and I was raised in a GM household. Oh yeah, I am a former GM dealership General Mgr. and can relate many similar stories about new and used cars as well as those I encountered throughout the years at Manheim Auto & Greater Chicago Auto Auctions. I only offer this information in rebuttal to your comments that seem to be offerred as a special qualification to refute the facts of the defects and damge discussed in this thread. I did not bring any of these facts into the discussion because none are relevant to the to the instant situation. Whatever vehicles you or I have owned or own without manufacturing defects or pre-ownership damage does not matter.
My posts are written as commentary, rebuttal and my opinion regarding the matter being discussed. Your effort to characterize me as a bully is totally contrary to what I believe in and what I have written throughout my years as a participant in this forum. If you feel that some experience you have had years ago in relation to new and used vehicles, not produced at BG or by their suppliers, or even contemporaneous to these recent issues, somehow relates to these Corvette paint and panel problems, so be it! Just "man up" a little bit. No body is trying to bully you. If I might say, you have some pretty thin skin for a person with all your experience as a business executive. State your reasons for believing they are somehow on-point an bear upon the issues in this thread.
In closing, it is my sincere desire that you thoroughly enjoy your defect free ZR1 for as long as you want. As a fellow Corvette owner and enthusiast I only wish you the very best. Enjoy!
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:42 PM
  #109  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

01/11/2019 Posted by SAMGAUTO: " ......I am wondering if, sometime between release of the car at the plant, and final delivery to the customer, that something was accidentally damaged and an area needed to be repainted and this was not disclosed to the owner."

02/10/2019 Posted by SAMGAUTO: " I never said that a car fell of a truck as you stated."

Clarification: So you can more easily understand the comment I made about falling off a truck and being repaired at a "bump shop", it was made in direct response to the aforementioned post of 01/11/2019 where you speculate, after release from the plant, undisclosed accidental damage occurred requiring a repaint. My reference to "falling off a truck" was sarcasm in reference to your comment since you state no facts as to how you think this alleged damge took place during this period. It is a common industry reference to damage that happens prior to delivery to a dealer. I hope this makes my comment more understandable to you since it was never an attempt to put any words in your mouth as you make it seem.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:18 PM
  #110  
samgauto
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
samgauto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
Where exactly did I say you said anything fell off a truck? This comment was made as a theoretical reason, however preposterous it may be, since you disbelieve the OP's car left BG with the stated problems. You're right, it is just as ridiculous as the statemets you made to bolster your doubt. You've never encountered sarcasm before?

It's just terrible that you feel bullied especially after some of the comments you have made. You stated your doubts. I disagree with them and stated my reasons for having a contray opinion. Disagreement and stating my reasons for doing so are not a personal attack on you or anyone else. I feel all your "vast" family dealership experience and your reasons for disbelief have no bearing whatsoever on the actual issues being discussed here. You said you own a C7 ZR1 without problems. That's great. In rebuttal I offerred that I also have several vehicles off the BG production line that have no such problems. Only brought forth in this discussion because you offered the fact that your ZR1 has no problems. This is a forum for the open exchange and discussion of ideas for those who have a common interest in Corvettes. Your effort to characterize my statements of a differing opinion is your way of attempting to further justify your position. You're certainly entitiled to state your opinion. Again, the "bully" comment is just a diversion from weakness of your argument and your effort to make yourself some sort of victim. Are you serious? Really?
FYI, I too had a small roof ding in a 2017 Camaro ZL1 as a result of transport damage. It was promptly repaired by the dealership. I also have a close friend that is a truck transport driver who has related many anecdotal stories of transport truck damage. My family worked for GM and I was raised in a GM household. Oh yeah, I am a former GM dealership General Mgr. and can relate many similar stories about new and used cars as well as those I encountered throughout the years at Manheim Auto & Greater Chicago Auto Auctions. I only offer this information in rebuttal to your comments that seem to be offerred as a special qualification to refute the facts of the defects and damge discussed in this thread. I did not bring any of these facts into the discussion because none are relevant to the to the instant situation. Whatever vehicles you or I have owned or own without manufacturing defects or pre-ownership damage does not matter.
My posts are written as commentary, rebuttal and my opinion regarding the matter being discussed. Your effort to characterize me as a bully is totally contrary to what I believe in and what I have written throughout my years as a participant in this forum. If you feel that some experience you have had years ago in relation to new and used vehicles, not produced at BG or by their suppliers, or even contemporaneous to these recent issues, somehow relates to these Corvette paint and panel problems, so be it! Just "man up" a little bit. No body is trying to bully you. If I might say, you have some pretty thin skin for a person with all your experience as a business executive. State your reasons for believing they are somehow on-point an bear upon the issues in this thread.
In closing, it is my sincere desire that you thoroughly enjoy your defect free ZR1 for as long as you want. As a fellow Corvette owner and enthusiast I only wish you the very best. Enjoy!
Well ROBWILKER, as President Regan would have said..."There you go again". Let me direct you to the line where you mentioned a car falling of a truck, as moot as this now is : ["..These vehicle have not fallen off a transport truck and repainted at a quick "bump shop." ]

And again, I made a statement not doubting your story by any means. I made a statement about the possibility of your car having post assembly paint work and merely opening your mind up to considering this as a possibility. But you continue to be very upset by me mentioning this possibility as if it is some sort of threat to your intelligence. Also, I never said I owned a ZR1 without problems. If you look at an earlier thread with my ZR1 review you will see that I had mentioned numerous issues with the body panels and other issues. Here is the link

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...500-miles.html

In that review I was very open about my car's shortcomings and shared open and pleasant dialog with other forum members. I apologize if my comments offended you.

I am sorry to hear you have a Camaro with transport roof damage but am happy to see that you realize this is a possibility. I am happy that you come from a GM family and am a former dealership GM. That is a difficult job. I am a former dealership owner and am well aware of the myriad of issues at the dealership and manufacturer levels. I am also a former technical writer for Motor Age Magazine, New England Automtove Repair and ASA among others. I have a little automotive experience..as do you.

Also, as a 15 year police veteran, and current police department sergeant, I can very much attest that I have a pretty thick skin. It comes with the territory and grows thicker with time. If anything, I credit it with giving me a good 'read' of people. In closing, let me state that I sincerely hope that your issues are resolved and I am glad that we can share some banter here as to what the C7 problems are and continuing to keep an open mind of all the possible causes. All the best!

Last edited by samgauto; 02-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.
samgauto is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 02:43 PM
  #111  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samgauto View Post
Well ROBWILKER, as President Regan would have said..."There you go again". Let me direct you to the line where you mentioned a car falling of a truck, as moot as this now is : ["..These vehicle have not fallen off a transport truck and repainted at a quick "bump shop." ]

And again, I made a statement not doubting your story by any means. I made a statement about the possibility of your car having post assembly paint work and merely opening your mind up to considering this as a possibility. But you continue to be very upset by me mentioning this possibility as if it is some sort of threat to your intelligence. Also, I never said I owned a ZR1 without problems. If you look at an earlier thread with my ZR1 review you will see that I had mentioned numerous issues with the body panels and other issues. Here is the link

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...500-miles.html

In that review I was very open about my car's shortcomings and shared open and pleasant dialog with other forum members. I apologize if my comments offended you.

I am sorry to hear you have a Camaro with transport roof damage but am happy to see that you realize this is a possibility. I am happy that you come from a GM family and am a former dealership GM. That is a difficult job. I am a former dealership owner and am well aware of the myriad of issues at the dealership and manufacturer levels. I am also a former technical writer for Motor Age Magazine, New England Automtove Repair and ASA among others. I have a little automotive experience..as do you.

Also, as a 15 year police veteran, and current police department sergeant, I can very much attest that I have a pretty thick skin. It comes with the territory and grows thicker with time. If anything, I credit it with giving me a good 'read' of people. In closing, let me state that I sincerely hope that your issues are resolved and I am glad that we can share some banter here as to what the C7 problems are and continuing to keep an open mind of all the possible causes. All the best!
I stand by my posts. Follow the thread back.Your post remarks I am taking issue with were not made by you regarding my ZR1. Your statements of doubt and speculation were made regarding a previous OP's car. You seem very adept at confusing issues Sarge. I'm glad you have 15 years and your stripes but they don't impress me. I am a 35 year veteran retired homicide detective and you certainly don't seem to grasp the issues of credibility, reliability and relevance of the evidence you offer to support your conclusion. You have confused the issues, failed to comprehend clear concise postings I have made in response to yours. I said my piece. Take my comments however you wish but don't act the victim or twist my statements. It is what it is.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:02 PM
  #112  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samgauto View Post
Well ROBWILKER, as President Regan would have said..."There you go again". Let me direct you to the line where you mentioned a car falling of a truck, as moot as this now is : ["..These vehicle have not fallen off a transport truck and repainted at a quick "bump shop." ]

And again, I made a statement not doubting your story by any means. I made a statement about the possibility of your car having post assembly paint work and merely opening your mind up to considering this as a possibility. But you continue to be very upset by me mentioning this possibility as if it is some sort of threat to your intelligence. Also, I never said I owned a ZR1 without problems. If you look at an earlier thread with my ZR1 review you will see that I had mentioned numerous issues with the body panels and other issues. Here is the link

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...500-miles.html

In that review I was very open about my car's shortcomings and shared open and pleasant dialog with other forum members. I apologize if my comments offended you.

I am sorry to hear you have a Camaro with transport roof damage but am happy to see that you realize this is a possibility. I am happy that you come from a GM family and am a former dealership GM. That is a difficult job. I am a former dealership owner and am well aware of the myriad of issues at the dealership and manufacturer levels. I am also a former technical writer for Motor Age Magazine, New England Automtove Repair and ASA among others. I have a little automotive experience..as do you.

Also, as a 15 year police veteran, and current police department sergeant, I can very much attest that I have a pretty thick skin. It comes with the territory and grows thicker with time. If anything, I credit it with giving me a good 'read' of people. In closing, let me state that I sincerely hope that your issues are resolved and I am glad that we can share some banter here as to what the C7 problems are and continuing to keep an open mind of all the possible causes. All the best!
Please read post 109. Try to comprehend.
All the transport damage and GM dealewrship commentary is just superfluous gibberish. I just offer mine to counter yours hoping you can see that is has no bearing on either of our personal qualifications or the issue at hand. You just don't get it, or don't want to.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:16 PM
  #113  
samgauto
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
samgauto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
I stand by my posts. Follow the thread back.Your post remarks I am taking issue with were not made by you regarding my ZR1. Your statements of doubt and speculation were made regarding a previous OP's car. You seem very adept at confusing issues Sarge. I'm glad you have 15 years and your stripes but they don't impress me. I am a 35 year veteran retired homicide detective and you certainly don't seem to grasp the issues of credibility, reliability and relevance of the evidence you offer to support your conclusion. You have confused the issues, failed to comprehend clear concise postings I have made in response to yours. I said my piece. Take my comments however you wish but don't act the victim or twist my statements. It is what it is.
Statements regarding the previous OP's car... True. And all the more reason for me to question you with your statement about "..This is just more rank speculation at best that has samgauto calling into question the credibility of the new car buyers who have these problems.."
And once again...I submit to you that I never questioned anyone's 'credibility' but you continue to be so concerned, and interestingly, you were not even the OP I was referring to. Seems even more odd for you to interject so vigilantly in the matter. But I digress... Quite frankly detective, I am not the one confusing the issues, nor the one so concerned about a post that was not referencing them in the first place. For the record, your past employment qualifications do not impress me either. I did not work my way into police work with the benefit of past government service but am proud to say I became part of LE on my own merits. However, I do thank you for your service to this great country and I also appreciate your past police work commentary and I agree that we have both said our piece on the matter.
samgauto is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:15 PM
  #114  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by samgauto View Post
Statements regarding the previous OP's car... True. And all the more reason for me to question you with your statement about "..This is just more rank speculation at best that has samgauto calling into question the credibility of the new car buyers who have these problems.."
And once again...I submit to you that I never questioned anyone's 'credibility' but you continue to be so concerned, and interestingly, you were not even the OP I was referring to. Seems even more odd for you to interject so vigilantly in the matter. But I digress... Quite frankly detective, I am not the one confusing the issues, nor the one so concerned about a post that was not referencing them in the first place. For the record, your past employment qualifications do not impress me either. I did not work my way into police work with the benefit of past government service but am proud to say I became part of LE on my own merits. However, I do thank you for your service to this great country and I also appreciate your past police work commentary and I agree that we have both said our piece on the matter.
When you say you cannot believe the version of facts by the OP that clearly indicate his ZR1 left the factory and arrived at the dealership with the hood and paint problems and theorize that something else happened, you are clearly calling into question his credibility and the veracity of the issue. Period. Spin it any way you want.This thread is about factory defects not your employment history or some speculative guessing game you play. You can try to parse my words any way you wish,I still stand by my statement that this particular comment is "just more rank speculation. Like I said you just don't get it.

Also, if you infer that I received some consideration for acceptance into government service, you are incorrect. I too served 35 years and entered on my own merits. Tested #1 of 400 plus applicatants with service in two LE agencies and several inter-agency task forces. This still does not qualify me as an expert on anything in relation to cars or Corvettes. The same applies to you. Why would you even bring these matters into the issues of this thread.This forum is about Corvettes not who has the best and biggest.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:18 PM
  #115  
samgauto
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
samgauto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
When you say you cannot believe the version of facts by the OP that clearly indicate his ZR1 left the factory and arrived at the dealership with the hood and paint problems and theorize that something else happened, you are clearly calling into question his credibility and the veracity of the issue. Period. Spin it any way you want.This thread is about factory defects not your employment history or some speculative guessing game you play. You can try to parse my words any way you wish,I still stand by my statement that this particular comment is "just more rank speculation. Like I said you just don't get it.

Also, if you infer that I received some consideration for acceptance into government service, you are incorrect. I too served 35 years and entered on my own merits. Tested #1 of 400 plus applicatants with service in two LE agencies and several inter-agency task forces. This still does not qualify me as an expert on anything in relation to cars or Corvettes. The same applies to you. Why would you even bring these matters into the issues of this thread.This forum is about Corvettes not who has the best and biggest.
You can continue to try to manipulate what I have stated here and and I will correct you each time. If you refer to my initial post which you decided to comment on, I did not state that I 'cannot believe the facts by the OP'. I stated ..."I find it hard to believe that left BGA like that. I am wondering if, sometime between release of the car at the plant, and final delivery to the customer, that something was accidentally damaged and an area needed to be repainted and this was not disclosed to the owner..."

And once again I will tell you that this was not meant as anything disrespectful to the OP, nor did the OP comment that it was. No one had posted any thought about the possibility of post assembly damage which can happen and I have seen. For whatever reason, starting in 105, you took it upon yourself to read into this as somehow as an accusation by me against the credibility of the OP which is farthest from the truth. You are the one that is creating the spin here and for some reason you just don't understand that or don't want to.

Regarding our banter on our life experiences and employment. If you go back into the thread you will see that, once you made your statement that"...I'll bet samgauto probably has a hard time believing this too based upon all his car selling experience and the prevailing bias that "buyers are liars" attitude in the business..."

It was then game on for me to offer you some of my employment experience to show that I was not just throwing b.s. statements around and talking out of my tail so I then stated : "...Not just as a former new and used car dealer, but when I started in the trenches 30 years ago, in the service department, I was responsible for searching for possible paint work on thousands of cars from local trades to auction purchases and I did see my share of vehicles with post assembly repaint work that we refused and returned (if the paint work was not disclosed to our buyer)..."

You responded with some of your history "...My family worked for GM and I was raised in a GM household. Oh yeah, I am a former GM dealership General Mgr. and can relate many similar stories about new and used cars as well as those I encountered throughout the years at Manheim Auto & Greater Chicago Auto Auctions..."

Which then opened the door to some of mine!


samgauto is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 PM
  #116  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Sorry Sam, checked the box on you.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:21 PM
  #117  
2019 ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
2019 ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA.
Posts: 2,309
Thanked 193 Times in 150 Posts
Default

What the hell did I just read? Holy **** guys chill out..

Last edited by 2019 ZR1; 02-10-2019 at 10:22 PM.
2019 ZR1 is online now  
Old 02-10-2019, 11:31 PM
  #118  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2019 ZR1 View Post
What the hell did I just read? Holy **** guys chill out..
For sure. The freeze is on.
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:25 PM
  #119  
DSOMDream
CF Senior Member
 
DSOMDream's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Port Charlotte Florida
Posts: 708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 126 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul
DSOMDream is online now  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:22 PM
  #120  
range96
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,174
Thanked 95 Times in 84 Posts
Default

I took these photos recently. Not doubting that the OP has the paint issue, but the current batch of cars don't seem to have the problem at all.


DSOP ZR1


Black (with exposed CF centerpiece on a Z06)
range96 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: