Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM
SilveradoSS500
CF Senior Member

Time for an update, looks like my new hood and roof do match the existing body panels paint. I havenít cleaned or touched the ZR1 in 3 weeks or so. Partly because Iíve been traveling and the weather sucks, the other half of it is I just donít care much about the car. I donít ďloveĒ it... canít sell it as there are 152 ZR1s for sale on auto trader and Iíll just lose lose lose...I also bought a C63 to play with lol, which is getting most of my attention.

Next line items that need to be addressed: they want to replace my dash and there is something moving around in the front left corner that we CANNOT figure out. Replacing my dash is a massive task and Iím not thrilled at all about this. Itís starting to get to the point that the customer is just spending tons of time trying to make a 150k car ďnormalĒ. Now I have doubts about ever buying another GM vehicle (C8 Z06 for example)...You couldnít even count the amount of GM vehicles my family has purchased. Good news is, my dealership is a rockstar and we have a great relationship. If anyone in DFW needs dealership related help, please donít hesitate to contact me. Remember, this car went through QC and Audit

Iíll post some pics of the new painted hood and roof soon (with the correct paint).

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 03-01-2019 at 01:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilveradoSS500 For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-03-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 01:33 PM
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member

This is pretty ******* insane. In any other luxury brand like bmw and porsche, this car would have been bought back and a new car is given and some more to make sure customer is happy (i.e $1000 check to buy some porsche things or extended warranty).

i have had an m5 bought back for things like squeaking seat bolsters and brakes and some other minor issues that appeared first month and i am not kidding all i had to do was to send an email with 2 paragraphs and 2 days later I was offered full buy back and invoice pricing on another car.

The amount of money and time GM is going to spend fixing this car is insane. They dont understand this is a brand new car and part of brand new car experience is because car has to be in good condition. This is part of the experience is why people pay more money for a brand new car. Having bunch of techs who have no incentive to do a good job touch your car and take it apart is just unacceptable at this price point.

My experience dealing with GM has been total disaster. The customer service/senior case advisor helping me is just a joke. This is literally like buying from walmart and dealing with walmart customer service.

if they are trying to compete with bmw/porsche/audi or other exotics, they have to compete with them in EVERY area not just on a drag strip or a track. The experience is what counts and experience so far SUCKS.

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500 View Post
Time for an update, looks like my new hood and roof do match the existing body panels paint. I havenít cleaned or touched the ZR1 in 3 weeks or so. Partly because Iíve been traveling and the weather sucks, the other half of it is I just donít care much about the car. I donít ďloveĒ it... canít sell it as there are 152 ZR1s for sale on auto trader and Iíll just lose lose lose...I also bought a C63 to play with lol, which is getting most of my attention.

Next line items that need to be addressed: they want to replace my dash and there is something moving around in the front left corner that we CANNOT figure out. Replacing my dash is a massive task and Iím not thrilled at all about this. Itís starting to get to the point that the customer is just spending tons of time trying to make a 150k car ďnormalĒ. Now I have doubts about ever buying another GM vehicle (C8 Z06 for example)...You couldnít even count the amount of GM vehicles my family has purchased. Good news is, my dealership is a rockstar and we have a great relationship. If anyone in DFW needs dealership related help, please donít hesitate to contact me. Remember, this car went through QC and Audit

Iíll post some pics of the new painted hood and roof soon (with the correct paint).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UnhandledException For This Useful Post:
Hirohawa (03-04-2019), Mikec7z (03-03-2019), Nesch18 (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 02:43 PM
TARANTULA
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
This is pretty ******* insane. In any other luxury brand like bmw and porsche, this car would have been bought back and a new car is given and some more to make sure customer is happy (i.e $1000 check to buy some porsche things or extended warranty).

i have had an m5 bought back for things like squeaking seat bolsters and brakes and some other minor issues that appeared first month and i am not kidding all i had to do was to send an email with 2 paragraphs and 2 days later I was offered full buy back and invoice pricing on another car.

The amount of money and time GM is going to spend fixing this car is insane. They dont understand this is a brand new car and part of brand new car experience is because car has to be in good condition. This is part of the experience is why people pay more money for a brand new car. Having bunch of techs who have no incentive to do a good job touch your car and take it apart is just unacceptable at this price point.

My experience dealing with GM has been total disaster. The customer service/senior case advisor helping me is just a joke. This is literally like buying from walmart and dealing with walmart customer service.

if they are trying to compete with bmw/porsche/audi or other exotics, they have to compete with them in EVERY area not just on a drag strip or a track. The experience is what counts and experience so far SUCKS.
Did they fix the problems with your car? Or are you still waiting?
Old 03-01-2019, 03:09 PM
UnhandledException
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TARANTULA View Post
Did they fix the problems with your car? Or are you still waiting?
Lets just say after 50 days of back and forth, I am not able to even find a dealer who is capable of working on my car. They just dont have the people or expertise to take apart this car. I have tried 8 dealerships now. GM customer service is absolutely a joke. They are there to chit chat and have no authority or power to do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnhandledException For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Nesch18
CF Senior Member

The Mercedes AMG GT has the same. The Bumper is made from plastic and the fender is made from aluminum and you can see a slight difference. Maybe not as obvious than on th OPs car but itís there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: