C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 PM
SilveradoSS500
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default 50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Well, I noticed this within a few hours of taking delivery of my ZR1...I was offered at the dealership level to let them repaint the hood or whole car...........

When I was a kid, all I ever wanted was the baddest and fastest Corvette out there! Well, this is what a $142k got me... I’m honestly a lost of words...I’ve owned many many GM vehicles, and this is the worst quality vehicle I’ve honestly ever owned...it’s also the most expense car that I’ve ever purchased, it’s safe to say...this is my dream car.

Ive been biting my tongue for almost two months and of course I can show you photos of my car where it looks solid black but unfortunately that’s just not reality.

I would like to know how many other ZR1s have a different color hood, roof paint and rear spoiler (not wing).

I want to type for hours but I’ll just post the pictures. I lose sleep thinking about this...

NOTE: the over spray on the rear hatch and scratches on the passenger door from the vehicle delivery wrap, where someone or something leaned against the car and scratched the clear coat. There’s also a handful of carbon imperfections and there’s something sharp almost poking through my dash. It’s just a huge mess...she’s fast though! Ha

Bowling Green and GM need to learn from
this ZR1, they need to come pick it up, take it back to Bowling Green...have a team meeting and repaint my car. I bleed GM, I only plan on buying a C8,C9,C10...this isn’t how we are going to compete with the rest of the world. Your customer is your storyteller and this story SUCKS!

I can’t even take pics of my car at my home, every time I walk by it, this what I see.

My view when pumping gas at my local gas station at night

After a good wash, you can see the true dark grey/blue/black that my car truly is. Just embarrassing

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 01-10-2019 at 08:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DoctorV8 (01-11-2019)

Popular Reply

01-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

This is certainly not the owning experience we want you to have with your Corvette, SilveradoSS500, as you deserve the vehicle you dreamed about. Our team would like to look into this further and see how we can best assist. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com and in the subject “ATTN: Kate P”. Please include your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and dealer name as well. We will keep an eye out for your response.

Kate P.

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Well, I noticed this within a few hours of taking delivery of my ZR1...I was offered at the dealership level to let them repaint the hood or whole car...........

When I was a kid, all I ever wanted was the baddest and fastest Corvette out there! Well, this is what a $142k got me... I’m honestly a lost of words...I’ve owned many many GM vehicles, and this is the worst quality vehicle I’ve honestly ever owned...it’s also the most expense car that I’ve ever purchased, it’s safe to say...this is my dream car.

Ive been biting my tongue for almost two months and of course I can show you photos of my car where it looks solid black but unfortunately that’s just not reality.

I would like to know how many other ZR1s have a different color hood, roof paint and rear spoiler (not wing).

I want to type for hours but I’ll just post the pictures. I lose sleep thinking about this...

NOTE: the over spray on the rear hatch and scratches on the passenger door from the vehicle delivery wrap, where someone or something leaned against the car and scratched the clear coat. There’s also a handful of carbon imperfections and there’s something sharp almost poking through my dash. It’s just a huge mess...she’s fast though! Ha

Bowling Green and GM need to learn from
this ZR1, they need to come pick it up, take it back to Bowling Green...have a team meeting and repaint my car. I bleed GM, I only plan on buying a C8,C9,C10...this isn’t how we are going to compete with the rest of the world. Your customer is your storyteller and this story SUCKS!

I can’t even take pics of my car at my home, every time I walk by it, this what I see.

My view when pumping gas at my local gas station at night

After a good wash, you can see the true dark grey/blue/black that my car truly is. Just embarrassing

Old 01-10-2019, 06:41 PM
SilveradoSS500
Pro

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 01-10-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

OH NO!!!
Wow, lost for words... other than to wish and hope that GM efficiently and effectively corrects their mistakes to ensure your 100 percent satisfaction.

Wow
Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Edit, OP I hope you can get it fixed.

Last edited by TARANTULA; 01-10-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

I would not accept that, That is shocking to me I never thought a Corvette could get out of the plant like that. I fell blessed mine is so great. I believe I would get a lawyer and demand a new car or that one run back to the plant, man so sorry I can only imagine how you must fell.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:44 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,973 Likes on 1,215 Posts

This came out of Bowling Green like that or the dealer had it repainted???

The flaw in the CF is also very noticeable, definitely a manufacturing issue.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:52 PM
SilveradoSS500
Pro

Originally Posted by range96
This came out of Bowling Green like that or the dealer had it repainted???

The flaw in the CF is also very noticeable, definitely a manufacturing issue.
It came from Bowling Green like this... I picked it up at dusk... I noticed it at night time.

The dealership that sold it to me mentioned repainting the hood and or whole car...imagine how that made me feel.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM
DSOMDream
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

Op, all my sympathies to you ... you probably want a new car. Someone at B.G>.assembly needs to see an optometrist. Paul
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Get a new car.Do NOT accept a repaint of that much.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Nesch18
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I have a black one and I see a little difference on the cf hood when I use a flashlight. Other than that it’s not noticeable at all. I first thought that’s normal because of the carbon fiber...or not? Everything else looks pretty good.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

I hate to say it, but you're not alone. I just read this in a ZR1 article earlier today.

The paint finish isn’t great, and in good light I noticed the hood seems to be a different shade of black than the rest of the body panels. The owner of this car noticed it too. Making sure we weren’t crazy, we looked at a fellow ZR1 owner’s yellow car in the COTA paddock, and its hood was a lighter shade too. I get that Chevy gave the ZR1 a carbon fiber hood, but the paint shouldn’t look that different from panel to panel.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-chevro...***-1831345121
Old 01-10-2019, 10:41 PM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

I got a bit sick looking at the pics, can only imagine how you feel So sorry.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:58 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,973 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500

It came from Bowling Green like this... I picked it up at dusk... I noticed it at night time.

The dealership that sold it to me mentioned repainting the hood and or whole car...imagine how that made me feel.
Boils my blood that after GM spent mega-million on a new painting facility and they RELEASE crap like that to the general public. I'm really disturbed by this. This is TOTALLY unacceptable on a $142K car. In fact, this would not be acceptable on a KIA or Hyundai. Outrageous! How can something like this happen? I'm seriously rethinking taking delivery on mine.
The following users liked this post:
NytmereZ (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 11:57 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Totally unacceptable. If you do have to go with a repaint consider a unique custom color with a top quality job.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:08 AM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Look on the bright side, at least no orange peel.... All joking aside, that is simply NOT acceptable. You would think that dropping $140K+ on GM's flagship sports car that they would have resolved these quality control issues.....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Old 01-11-2019, 12:34 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...is-normal.html
Old 01-11-2019, 01:26 AM
YeloZ06
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear and see the pictures. Mine is Sebring Orange and looks just fine. I would return the car! Be forceful. That is not acceptable for any new car. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To 50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s

Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 AM
WhatWouldDimeDo
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't believe that wing, and the hood color difference is heinous. You should call Chevrolet.

Mine is all black, no color differences. Something is up with your hood for sure...but I would want the car to match the hood. Your fenders look almost grey next to how black that hood is in the gas station picture.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Excellent thread with another owner’s experience that was resolved by GM. Read for suggestions.
GM should correct.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:52 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Bowling green has always had a bad report card when it comes to quality control, seems like some things never change, make them give you a new car.

Quick Reply: 50 shades of what color? What color is my ZR1??? Calling all black ZR1s