C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Need help regarding CF side skirt replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 AM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts
Default Need help regarding CF side skirt replacement

Fellow members,

i need to find out:

- The part number/cost of CF side skirt (this is not the painted rocker panel but the little thin CF piece)
- Installation instructions and any other useful information about installing (i.e I believe there are holes drilled to the body by the dealer and rivets used that are pushed in, can those holes be reused or new holes drilled)?

Trying to figure out if I can do this one myself.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
Fellow members,

i need to find out:

- The part number/cost of CF side skirt (this is not the painted rocker panel but the little thin CF piece)
- Installation instructions and any other useful information about installing (i.e I believe there are holes drilled to the body by the dealer and rivets used that are pushed in, can those holes be reused or new holes drilled)?

Trying to figure out if I can do this one myself.
What color is your Z?
Do you have CF aero already? I have a couple sets here that reuse the OEM holes.
It's very easy, you just need black 3/16" rivets and you can repurpose those holes! I took the SODP aero off of mine and put all of our new aero on it:

Old 01-14-2019, 04:28 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
What color is your Z?
Do you have CF aero already? I have a couple sets here that reuse the OEM holes.
It's very easy, you just need black 3/16" rivets and you can repurpose those holes! I took the SODP aero off of mine and put all of our new aero on it:

Hi Ben,

My ZR1 is torch red. Yes I have all the aero on it already. This piece was damaged in transit and insurance will pay for replacement/install. Good to know its easy to install. I’ll look into getting a riveting gun, hope its not too expensive.
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (01-14-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Need help regarding CF side skirt replacement

Quick Reply: Need help regarding CF side skirt replacement