C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Still waiting...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Still waiting...

I got 2 separate orders in, at 2 different dealerships. Trying to get just 1 zr1. First local dealership order in first of october, but uncertain on allocation ( long story). Second order with out of state volume dealer that did have allocation at the time of order. More hopful on second order. That being said, no new information. I am number 4 out of his final 6 allocations. Really wish i just had a accepted , picked up allocation with a tpw. Just knowing i was definitly getting a car would be enough. I know many waited way longer than me. Its just that i know its getting close to the projected production numbers.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,137 Likes on 2,240 Posts

Did either of the dealers require a deposit?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 01-17-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxie2U

Did either of the dealers require a deposit?
yes. Both did.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

Keep the faith, I remember when I placed my order, it was hard on a man's soul watching others get there cars without even a TPW. But it will come one of your order's will come threw. I have to say it was worth the wait it's quite a car, no it's a supercar, it's the pinnacle CORVETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by duanesZ06
Keep the faith, I remember when I placed my order, it was hard on a man's soul watching others get there cars without even a TPW. But it will come one of your order's will come threw. I have to say it was worth the wait it's quite a car, no it's a supercar, it's the pinnacle CORVETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks. Two of my friends have theirs and love them! I cant wait. I sold my 08 built zo6 and my 17 zo6 to get one! I hate not having a cool car! Lol
Old 01-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Local dealer just called me this morning saying the order got accepted. I went online with order number, through chevrolet chat, and she said it was accepted and is status 1100. Does this really mean anything? I do not have a TPW.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Nesch18
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

1100 means order placed. 2000 would mean accepted by GM, but i think the system updates overnight. So it might go to 2000 tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nesch18
1100 means order placed. 2000 would mean accepted by GM, but i think the system updates overnight. So it might go to 2000 tomorrow.
ok. I checked orders before and it just showed that there was an order, so, is this a step up, or pretty much same thing?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:17 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

You don't have anything untill it goes to 2000.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,137 Likes on 2,240 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by U
Local dealer just called me this morning saying the order got accepted. I went online with order number, through chevrolet chat, and she said it was accepted and is status 1100. Does this really mean anything? I do not have a TPW.
it means you better call the other dealer A.S.A.P. because if your second order gets accepted (then you cancel it) you will lose the deposit.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robertbruce
You don't have anything untill it goes to 2000.
ok. Thanks. Kinda figured that. The dealer said that they should have TPW by this coming Tuesday. That sounds odd to me.

Originally Posted by Maxie2U

it means you better call the other dealer A.S.A.P. because if your second order gets accepted (then you cancel it) you will lose the deposit.
yes, as soon as i have a definite 2000 status i will.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 01-18-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi Quote button (middle button, lower right hand corner) to respond to multiple people with one response.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Yea I had money with 2 different dealerships for a coupe and convertible almost a year before they went into production, the problem was that neither of those two dealerships GOT ANY ZR1's, so December 9th 2017, or about that time, I found out I was screwed, so I started calling dealership and forum dealerships until I found one allocation and took it, waited 364 days from order to delivery for my 13th Corvette, so far well worth the wait
Old 01-18-2019, 05:04 PM
2019ZR1GreyGhost
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations!!!!! I have searched for you a car like you said you wanted and been close a time or 2. If they said it got picked up, I’d believe it did. They know how bad you want the car you ordered. I’ve talked to Kevin a time or 2 and he said yours was their next 1.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:28 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wait, bud. I feel your pain, as I waited on a list for the better part of a year, until a CF member got me in touch with Alan Johnson at Matick who actually had an allocation and then things went quickly and smoothly. Good luck and hope to see you post soon about your new ZR!
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (01-24-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2019ZR1GreyGhost

Congratulations!!!!! I have searched for you a car like you said you wanted and been close a time or 2. If they said it got picked up, I’d believe it did. They know how bad you want the car you ordered. I’ve talked to Kevin a time or 2 and he said yours was their next 1.
yes, i hope this works out, but their allocation was always up in the air.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Just checked again with chevy chat. Order still shows 1100. Both orders show 1100. Dont know why local dealer acted like something has changed. He did say he would have more info on tuesday. Idk why on tuesday??? I thought thursdays were the day for info.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:59 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Just checked again with chevy chat. Order still shows 1100. Both orders show 1100. Dont know why local dealer acted like something has changed. He did say he would have more info on tuesday. Idk why on tuesday??? I thought thursdays were the day for info.
Kinda like my adventure. My name was on the list at 2 dealerships. #1 a large reputable one with a bunch of allocations who I had bought my '14 Z51 from. My name was in the 2nd position beyond the initial allocations they had been given. This was back in February of 18.

So after waiting 4 months and hearing nothing, I went to small dealer #2 who swore on the bible he had an allocation and it could be mine for MSRP +++a bunch. This was back in July. I placed my order sheet at MSRP ++++. The code came back 1100.

That went on for 4 months. GM buddy at a large west coast dealership said the reason it was not changing is that there was no allocation to apply the order to so GM could not accept it.

As I was about to walk out the door to have it out with dealer #2, dealer #1 called and asked if I still wanted to buy the ZR as I was number next on their list. I was there as soon as I could find my car keys and gave them my build sheet. Order was submitted as a 1100. 4 days later it was a 2300. A week later I had a TPW.

So I walked out the door and had it out with dealer #2. I made him go to the bank so he could refund my deposit in cash...the same way I gave it to him

I took delivery of my BizAzzWing the week before Christmas (#1407). It was worth the brain damage I took from the snake-oil dealership. What a car....simply freaking amazing. Just put the WeaponX 900 kit on it. OMG.... wow - a very noticeable difference. Thank you Ben!!

Finally, If you have your order number (letters) I would check with Corvette Chat on Fridays to learn if anything has changed. At least they have no reason to bullshit you and they wont.

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 01-19-2019 at 02:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (01-19-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Still waiting...

Old 01-19-2019, 07:58 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
Kinda like my adventure. My name was on the list at 2 dealerships. #1 a large reputable one with a bunch of allocations who I had bought my '14 Z51 from. My name was in the 2nd position beyond the initial allocations they had been given. This was back in February of 18.

So after waiting 4 months and hearing nothing, I went to small dealer #2 who swore on the bible he had an allocation and it could be mine for MSRP +++a bunch. This was back in July. I placed my order sheet at MSRP ++++. The code came back 1100.

That went on for 4 months. GM buddy at a large west coast dealership said the reason it was not changing is that there was no allocation to apply the order to so GM could not accept it.

As I was about to walk out the door to have it out with dealer #2, dealer #1 called and asked if I still wanted to buy the ZR as I was number next on their list. I was there as soon as I could find my car keys and gave them my build sheet. Order was submitted as a 1100. 4 days later it was a 2300. A week later I had a TPW.

So I walked out the door and had it out with dealer #2. I made him go to the bank so he could refund my deposit in cash...the same way I gave it to him

I took delivery of my BizAzzWing the week before Christmas (#1407). It was worth the brain damage I took from the snake-oil dealership. What a car....simply freaking amazing. Just put the WeaponX 900 kit on it. OMG.... wow - a very noticeable difference. Thank you Ben!!

Finally, If you have your order number (letters) I would check with Corvette Chat on Fridays to learn if anything has changed. At least they have no reason to bullshit you and they wont.

thanks. Seems very similar to my situation. I check gm chat every now and then.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:08 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

thanks. Seems very similar to my situation. I check gm chat every now and then.
Plus - maybe time to come up with a plan B. Time's a wastin'
Old 01-19-2019, 08:23 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
Plus - maybe time to come up with a plan B. Time's a wastin'
second, volume dealer, is my plan b. He had the allocation when i ordered. Im number 4 out of the 6 allocations that are shown for. Plan A is my local dealer that I'm supposed to have their last allocation. We will see!

Quick Reply: Still waiting...