C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Still waiting...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 10:14 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by U
thanks. Seems very similar to my situation. I check gm chat every now and then.
Do you have a 'Sale agreement' from the dealer (since there is no VIN yet) or just have a deposit with them? What protection do you have that once the dealer actually gets the car they will sell it to you (instead to the highest bidder)?
Old 01-19-2019, 10:24 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Repo Pilot
Plus - maybe time to come up with a plan B. Time's a wastin'
"Time's a wastin", really? Ridiculous, throw all this crap out the window. When has anyone willing and able to buy any model of Corvette not been able to get one. Seriously guys, wake up and educate on history with this stuff and its not the BS that your grease ball local Chevy dealer is feeding you.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by range96
Do you have a 'Sale agreement' from the dealer (since there is no VIN yet) or just have a deposit with them? What protection do you have that once the dealer actually gets the car they will sell it to you (instead to the highest bidder)?
not too worried about that if either produces a car. I'm long time, many vehicles history with local dealer, and i have a written sales agreement. Second dealer i have history with as well, and their reputation with corvette sales and the forum is good. Ive never heard a bad thing about them.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:02 AM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
"Time's a wastin", really? Ridiculous, throw all this crap out the window. When has anyone willing and able to buy any model of Corvette not been able to get one. Seriously guys, wake up and educate on history with this stuff and its not the BS that your grease ball local Chevy dealer is feeding you.
Good morning Punky. What a surprise it isn't to hear from you again. Thanks for adding your extensive GM allocation experience to this thread.

Please remind us all what kind of corvette you don't own anymore and exactly where and when you ordered your ZR1 or any other GM vehicle that was/is on constraints, which dealer it is that you are working with, and how much over MSRP you are paying so we all know exactly how the ZR1 allocation ordering-to-delivery experience is going for you.

Have a nice day...

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 01-20-2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,137 Likes on 2,240 Posts

Always great to hear from my south-western neighbor and thanks for the smile Punky.

But, it would be my best guess that those following this thread are looking for advice on this process based on other ZR1 owner's experience with the topic at hand.

So with that in mind and so that we can all better "process your sentiments" and most of all experience with the topic at hand, please help me out sir and remind us all if not the ZR1, how many Corvettes that were on allocation you have purchased over the past couple of years so that we all can better qualify your opinion / advice.

Cheers
Completely off topic but have to ask. Your forum name is “Repo Pilot”......are you actually a repo pilot?
Old 01-20-2019, 01:26 PM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Local dealer just called me this morning saying the order got accepted. I went online with order number, through chevrolet chat, and she said it was accepted and is status 1100. Does this really mean anything? I do not have a TPW.
I have to say your dealer is full of crap! There has been no allocations picked up by Chevrolet since early November.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:34 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by AD2386

I have to say your dealer is full of crap! There has been no allocations picked up by Chevrolet since early November.
Be careful with what you are told by your local Chevy dealer, they can be totally unethical. Do yourself a huge favor and contact the participating dealers on this site. They have great reputations and cater to Corvette guys.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Maxie2U

Completely off topic but have to ask. Your forum name is “Repo Pilot”......are you actually a repo pilot?
Blush... yes and #1407's human

Last edited by Repo Pilot; 01-20-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:45 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Blush... yes and #1407's human
Wow, I'll bet you don't get bored in that line of work.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, I'll bet you don't get bored in that line of work.
Its not like the crap you see on TV (climbing over airport fences is a good way to get shot), but the work takes me all over the world and it certainly has it's interesting moments.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Be careful with what you are told by your local Chevy dealer, they can be totally unethical. Do yourself a huge favor and contact the participating dealers on this site. They have great reputations and cater to Corvette guys.
i have. That is second order.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:22 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

It was Tuesday when mine changed I remember the dealer said check after 9:00 on Tuesday and bless my soul I had event code 2000 and by the end of that week a TPW so if he said they got there allocation I believe you will be in this week, just sit tight a few more days. GOOD LUCK it will come.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:14 PM
vetteheadracer
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I placed an order for a ZR1 including a $10,000 deposit with a local dealer in Florida........turns out that had no allocation and no right to order a ZR1.

Check the dealer(s) has/have allocation as without it you are never going to get a car!

If they don't have allocation get your deposit back.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:39 PM
AD2386
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

There were no allocations picked up in December or January. Next round will be in February, probably the last also. Why don’t you contact your dealer and find the crap there telling you!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vetteheadracer
I placed an order for a ZR1 including a $10,000 deposit with a local dealer in Florida........turns out that had no allocation and no right to order a ZR1.
The dealer wasn't in Lakeland were they?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Well, tuesday is here, and no word from local chevy dealer. Figures. I just checked order status at chevy chat, still 1100 on both orders. I have no idea why local dealer acted like something changed last week, and that they would have more info. Today. Looks like it will be, like i read above, final allocations will be picked up in february and thats it.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM
TON C7S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, tuesday is here, and no word from local chevy dealer. Figures. I just checked order status at chevy chat, still 1100 on both orders. I have no idea why local dealer acted like something changed last week, and that they would have more info. Today. Looks like it will be, like i read above, final allocations will be picked up in february and thats it.
Your dealer is full of crap. They called you last week and told you order was accepted. Now look Chevy chat confirmed that your status is 1100. Go back to your dealer and get your deposit back. MacMulkin still has allocations for February.

Get notified of new replies

To Still waiting...

Old 01-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,137 Likes on 2,240 Posts

Originally Posted by TON C7S

Your dealer is full of crap. They called you last week and told you order was accepted. Now look Chevy chat confirmed that your status is 1100. Go back to your dealer and get your deposit back. MacMulkin still has allocations for February.

Have you given MacMulkin or Mike @Criswell a call? With February being the last opportunity to get an allocation you better take action before you miss out.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TON C7S

yeah, i believe they are! As i stated, i have a second order in with volume dealer. Ive had order in with them since November.

Last edited by Blue by U; 01-23-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM
GT Bill
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

So , Are the Dealers quoting MSRP /
Lower or higher ?

Quick Reply: Still waiting...