C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Track Day insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Nesch18
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
Default Track Day insurance

I am have booked my a race day in my ZR1 in June. I currently have a regular car insurance with Allstate which is dirt cheap. I think it would be a good idea to have insurance coverage for the track. Its only going to be 2 short 15 minute sessions on Pocono Raceway. I have booked the session with 877stockcar.com.

Do you guys have any suggestions which company to use and what the cost is?
Old 01-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I'm assuming you mean a "track day" and not a "race day", which are two different things. If that is the case, try Lockton or OnTrack insurance. Both understand HPDE insurance very well and can provide a policy. Rates are dependent on how much you are insuring it for, what deductible you choose and for how many days/events.

Furthermore, if you are serious about learning how to drive your car on a track, you should engage with a group dedicated to on track instruction and driver safety. PCA, NASA, CHIN, SCDA and others are good choices for this.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Mu$cle
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

RLI Track Day Insurance

https://www.rlicorp.com/track-day

RLI was the underwriter for Lockton. Now they sell directly. Once in a while I compare RLI and Lockton for an upcoming HPDE and am surprised by the savings using RLI.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:19 AM
Nesch18
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mordeth
I'm assuming you mean a "track day" and not a "race day", which are two different things. If that is the case, try Lockton or OnTrack insurance. Both understand HPDE insurance very well and can provide a policy. Rates are dependent on how much you are insuring it for, what deductible you choose and for how many days/events.

Furthermore, if you are serious about learning how to drive your car on a track, you should engage with a group dedicated to on track instruction and driver safety. PCA, NASA, CHIN, SCDA and others are good choices for this.
I am not really serious about to learn it. I have a convertible so most tracks don't allow this car, I had a few times where I was in jail with one foot, so I decided to stay out of trouble. This track is mostly straights, so I wanna haul *** for a few minutes and get it out of my system so I don't do it on public roads anymore.

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:11 PM
foot 1
Racer

Received 250 Likes on 117 Posts

Good luck with that,it's very addictive
Old 02-02-2019, 06:24 AM
WELEPRO
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 24 Posts

I use RLI for most of my track events. They are easy to deal with and rates are the best I’ve found(though everyone is very close).

I have not had to file a claim, thank goodness. So I can’t speak to that process or experience, and hopefully never will.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesch18
Its only going to be 2 short 15 minute sessions on Pocono Raceway. I have booked the session with 877stockcar.com.
I am guessing you are not going to use your own car. Unless it's a program I am totally unfamiliar with, which is entirely possible, that is probably a stock car experience. Typically they provide the cars.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Nesch18
Instructor

Originally Posted by Racingswh
I am guessing you are not going to use your own car. Unless it's a program I am totally unfamiliar with, which is entirely possible, that is probably a stock car experience. Typically they provide the cars.
Yes, they do provide a car. But after that session is over you get to drive your own for two 15 minute sessions.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesch18

Yes, they do provide a car. But after that session is over you get to drive your own for two 15 minute sessions.
. Have a great time.

I happen to use RLI for track insurance.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

I use Hagerty Track Insurance. I think the underwriter is RLI but I have found the insurance through Hagerty is almost always lower cost than Lockton even when I get the BMW Event Discount from Lockton. Just priced out a 3 day event at VIR through both. Lockton $464.00 and after BMW discount $423.00. Hagerty without any discount $393.00.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Track Day insurance

Quick Reply: Track Day insurance