Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

FINALLY #1686 is here!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Nesch18
CF Senior Member

Man that silver is really growing on me.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
TB427Z06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jamesw2066 View Post

Well, we got her home today. Sheís almost perfect....almost, but more on that later.

Beautiful, Congrats on finally getting her home. Must be a great feeling, which I'm looking forward to about the middle of March. Love the Interior, that's exactly the way I ordered mine and yours is the first pic I've seen of it! Enjoy driving her!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default hood

Thanks!! I cant wait to get these two side by side!!
Love that Daytona hood!
Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Zr1

Well, we got her home today. Sheís almost perfect....almost, but more on that later.
Absolutely stunning!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:49 PM
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments, I was torn on the color. The silver just looks good in all lighting and has a great paint flop. WGG, EB, and white were my other choices. The other silver car I own had something to do with it to.
I love the car. 99% satisified so far.
But here are the issues and they are all carbon Fiber related.
#1 Wing has a small crack in the tip of the wing.-Dealer is ordering a new wing
#2 Divers side upper fender vent is poorly fitted as compared to the passenger side- Dealer checking on how its mounted and if the two sections are glued. Body Shop looking into it, Dealer fixing it either way.
#3 Same type of clear coat crack of bad fiber joint that caused the clear to crack.

The panel fitment is pretty good on the front upper hood area- the lower bumper to fender is OK- But I'll looking into adjusting that if possible.

Rear Of Hood, That's not a light reflection. Its a crack

My Man JAKE!!!

I like Chrome.

Lower Fender

Lower Fender

Fender and hood

Fender and hood

Left side of wing tip

good side upper fender vent

Bad side upper fender vent
Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 PM
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member

However with these small issues I am still a satisfied customer. For a little perspective, It took 3 years to build that 72 with my son and If I counted my labor in it It would easily approach the cost of a Zo6 maybe even the Zr1. I mention that because even after all the $$$ and attention that car got it did not turn out perfect. Not to mention no warranty of any sort. My plans are to fix the issues, protect it as best I can and drive it like i stole it until the wheels fall off!

Side Note-I will say that after waiting for a very long time (14 months from when I decided to purchase one to delivery), watching all the craziness on the forum about it and the fact that so many cars arrived with bigger issues than mine. I was getting burnt out on the whole thing.There is something to be said for waiting too long for something.....I think the excitement is replaced with anxiety. I doubt I'll ever go thru this process again. I'll just be patient and wait.Just curious if others have this take on a long wait for something like this?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM
robertbruce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,163 Times in 803 Posts

Old 02-07-2019, 08:57 PM
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments, I was torn on the color. The silver just looks good in all lighting and has a great paint flop. WGG, EB, and white were my other choices. The other silver car I own had something to do with it to.
I love the car. 99% satisified so far.
But here are the issues and they are all carbon Fiber related.
#1 Wing has a small crack in the tip of the wing.-Dealer is ordering a new wing
#2 Divers side upper fender vent is poorly fitted as compared to the passenger side- Dealer checking on how its mounted and if the two sections are glued. Body Shop looking into it, Dealer fixing it either way.
#3 Same type of clear coat crack of bad fiber joint that caused the clear to c
The panel fitment is pretty good on the front upper hood area- the lower bumper to fender is OK- But I'll looking into adjusting that if possible.

Rear Of Hood, That's not a light reflection. Its a crack

My Man JAKE!!!

I like Chrome.

Lower Fender

Lower Fender

Fender and hood

Fender and hood

Left side of wing tip

good side upper fender vent

Bad side upper fender vent
Thats just ridiculous, paying that kind of money and finding **** like that. I know the dealer will take care of it, but COME ON MAN
Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 PM
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blackvetterzo6 View Post
Thats just ridiculous, paying that kind of money and finding **** like that. I know the dealer will take care of it, but COME ON MAN
I donít think anybody really looked the car over at the dealership. I looked at it when it got delivered and did a quick once around. And then yesterday when I went to get all the paperwork straight and actually take delivery I took about 30 minutes and went around the car. I agree itís ridiculous, almost 150 K but then again my issues are trivial when compared to some of the other cars.
And honestly, Iím glad they didnít do it but a little black polish and I wouldíve never seen those cracks. I just hope the carbon fiber pieces donít become the Achillesí heel of this car....Oh wait a minute I guess they already are.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:01 AM
duanesZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I have the same fitment by the headlight from the wheel well up. Tight fit to a 1/8 crack by the light on both sides one side a little worse. The CF fender vents are not finished on the under side so if you look at a level angle well you know not good. I don't find the body parts not fitting perfect a big problem you know if you look real close it has a few imperfection but I bought it for a performance car plus nothing is really that bad. I do think they should have finished the under side of the fender vents. James I think your car looks awesome love the color goes great with C3 silver anyway they will fix all that for you enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FINALLY #1686 is here!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: