Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

2020 C7 Production?

Old 02-08-2019, 03:03 PM
RedZ4me
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rinaldo Catria View Post
There are several scenarios that could play out here, but I believe the C7 production cessation and the C8 introduction are independant decisions and the former has already been decided. If the C8 is delayed for longer than originally anticipated, we will just have a period of NO VETTE PRODUCTION. THERE WILL NOT BE A 2020 ZR1...the stupidest thing GM could do would be to have car lots full of C7s to unload at big discounts during the C8 roll out.
…..Or again - you are 'guessing' - it's what you want to see happen. Again, YOU don't know. You loveto use IMO and I believe. This thread is pointless
Old 02-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member

It been pretty well established we are all giving our opinions here. Nobody claims to be a GM insider leaking classified information. I should add that 90% of the things said on forums like this are contributors “opinions” on things. Thats why we read them: “ What do other people/owners think about whatever.”

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 02-08-2019 at 03:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rinaldo Catria For This Useful Post:
ROBWILKER (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 6,378 Times in 3,696 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me View Post
…..Or again - you are 'guessing' - it's what you want to see happen. Again, YOU don't know. You loveto use IMO and I believe. This thread is pointless
Educated guesses make for interesting discussions, and there is a point to those. What sets me off are those who pronounce something as fact with no substantiation. There are several folks who've been active in the C8 section peddling pure BS.

"I'm guessing" or "my opinion is" is the right way to characterize things, and educated guesses can be made based upon well-established precedents.

Last edited by Foosh; 02-08-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member

If you are able to accurately quote what someone says, then the burden of proof to back up what they state is on the quoted person. No harm in quoting someone else. The baiting threads that purposefully play a shell game as if they're facts, are tiresome. Lots of that ad nauseum in C8.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 02-08-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 PM
range96
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
They didn't cobble together a 1983 C3 when the 1983 C4 didn't make it on time. C7 is done next month or two, then we wait.
Except GM announced the 'Driver Edition' and 'European Final Edition' packages. They were not being offered for a month or two.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Judgment Day
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
Except GM announced the 'Driver Edition' and 'European Final Edition' packages. They were not being offered for a month or two.
That's a good point. I can see GM just straight up skipping a year, up until your comment. Because as much as I don't like these Special Edition cars, there's still an intent to sell them with a reasonable time frame. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the MY for 2019 end sometime in late March? If so, a 6-8 week window doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why even bother? Of course, stranger things have happened.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by range96 View Post
I agree that it is logical that while the ZR1 will likely prove to be the “swan song” of the C7, the Driver Edition and European Final Edition cars are a short encore... Get ready for the C8... but the early ones will ride in the dust of the mighty C7 ZR1. After experiencing the grip and handling limits of the ZR1 under a controlled environment with professional instruction at Spring Mountain, my take is that the mid engine car is going to have its hands full outperforming the ZR1 on the track. ( Even when the higher performance models do appear). Evidence of that is born out by lap times of ZR1 vs a $1/2 mil carbon fiber tub FORD GT. If you are happy you own a ZR1 now, but haven’t done Spring Mtn yet, sign up, you will be bananas about the car after you see how extreme its limits are. Even if you don’t plan on driving that way again, just knowing the cars real capability is worth a ton IMO.

Last edited by Rinaldo Catria; 02-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rinaldo Catria For This Useful Post:
aaslanmd (02-16-2019), rob62 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 12:29 PM
VETTEMANN
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
They didn't cobble together a 1983 C3 when the 1983 C4 didn't make it on time. C7 is done next month or two, then we wait.
That is probably the least likely of all scenarios. 1982 was at the end of a 14 year run of the 'shark' build. It was TIRED. The C7 has only been around for only 5 years. Almost a certainty that there will be a 2020 C7 with a Collector Edition. The Final Edition in Europe means nothing - that's just a cosmetic treatment in Europe. The C8 won't be on sale until spring of 2020 as a 2021 MY.

The C7 still has some time to run, and GM still has a LOT of C7 parts on hand.

Last edited by VETTEMANN; 02-09-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:37 PM
rob62
CF Senior Member

They have a lot of parts on hand? If so won't they sell anyway for future repairs? And I see the platform run time as irrelevant. In both the C-3 and C-7 gens, the new Vette was all but absolutely ready to launch. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shutdown of C-7 production, followed by great deals on existing inventory, followed by C-8 ramp up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 C7 Production?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: