Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

#1686- ok now some good stuff....

 
Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 AM
  #21  
CW4L
Supporting Vendor
 
CW4L's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Medina OH
Posts: 11,653
Thanked 192 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Awesome ZR1 and great passengers you have, lol
__________________
#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166


Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Strasse* Akrapovic*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

WEBSITE: www.cw4L.com
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less
CW4L is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:13 PM
  #22  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,235
Thanked 618 Times in 382 Posts
Default

The "fit" issues you posted about in another thread are hardly noticeable in these pics. Did you have the bumper adjusted yet?
Tool Hoarder is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:20 PM
  #23  
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ROBWILKER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Thanked 81 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamesw2066 View Post
HAHA...OK so now we need to start a poll..How many ZR1 owners have goats or goats in their immediate family? Too funny. And we all own a goat anyway the ďGreatest Of All TimeĒ corvette... at least for a little while.
Does a 69 "Goat" count?
ROBWILKER is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM
  #24  
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jamesw2066's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Suffolk VA
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER View Post
Does a 69 "Goat" count?
Absolutely, that is the original goat! I had a friend of mine by 70 GTO right out from underneath me back in the day. I never forgave him for that. I had a Chevelle, a Trans Am and the 75 vett when I was a kid.
That 70 judge was bad ***, funny Now to buy think of it it had a big azz wing on the back too!
jamesw2066 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
  #25  
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jamesw2066's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Suffolk VA
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
The "fit" issues you posted about in another thread are hardly noticeable in these pics. Did you have the bumper adjusted yet?
Iíll see what I can do with that bumper once I start tinkering with the car. I read somewhere that they really just snap into place and thereís not much adjustment. Do you know if thatís the case? I could probably tell you every nut and bolt on a C3 and how it goes together but I am new to the C7 club. I might ask the body shop to see what they can do....itís really not bad However that red stingray you see in the picture- itís body lines were perfect. You couldnít fit a matchbook between the bumper and fender panels. Thatís kind of what I expected my ZR1 to be like. But if the dealer can take care of the cracked wing, and the poor fitting side vent Iím sure I can live with the small panel fender gap. When I get the car back Iíll do a straight away shot of this. But the gap between the two panels itís probably just under a quarter ranch and that may not seem like a lot until you see one that the panels touch. But again the car is fantastic and I feel lucky Compared to some of the other cars Iíve seen posted here. Some of the pictures of the orange and black car with the major problems I donít think I couldíve accepted that.
jamesw2066 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 PM
  #26  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,235
Thanked 618 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamesw2066 View Post
Iíll see what I can do with that bumper once I start tinkering with the car. I read somewhere that they really just snap into place and thereís not much adjustment. Do you know if thatís the case? I could probably tell you every nut and bolt on a C3 and how it goes together but I am new to the C7 club. I might ask the body shop to see what they can do....itís really not bad However that red stingray you see in the picture- itís body lines were perfect. You couldnít fit a matchbook between the bumper and fender panels. Thatís kind of what I expected my ZR1 to be like. But if the dealer can take care of the cracked wing, and the poor fitting side vent Iím sure I can live with the small panel fender gap. When I get the car back Iíll do a straight away shot of this. But the gap between the two panels itís probably just under a quarter ranch and that may not seem like a lot until you see one that the panels touch. But again the car is fantastic and I feel lucky Compared to some of the other cars Iíve seen posted here. Some of the pictures of the orange and black car with the major problems I donít think I couldíve accepted that.
I've taken my car completely apart. I'll elaborate when I'm at my laptop tomorrow. Yes the bumper snaps on, but once on you can't move the bracket. You have to guess best position and install and hope you got it right. It's all plastic so the more you take it apart the more things wear out. My main gripe with this car is it's clearly designed to be snapped together on the assembly line with as few parts as people as possible at the expense of repeat serviceability. Looking at that pic I wouldn't touch yours. They made that gap looser 2018 and up because the earlier cars had issues with paint adhesion in that area and paint peels off the bumper.

Last edited by Tool Hoarder; 02-11-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Tool Hoarder is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 PM
  #27  
jamesw2066
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jamesw2066's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Suffolk VA
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
I've taken my car completely apart. I'll elaborate when I'm at my laptop tomorrow. Yes the bumper snaps on, but once on you can't move the bracket. You have to guess best position and install and hope you got it right. It's all plastic so the more you take it apart the more things wear out. My main gripe with this car is it's clearly designed to be snapped together on the assembly line with as few parts as people as possible at the expense of repeat serviceability. Looking at that pic I wouldn't touch yours. They made that gap looser 2018 and up because the earlier cars had issues with paint adhesion in that area and paint peels off the bumper.
Thanks, Some things best left alone it sounds like!
I think what bugs me the most about it is if you zoom in you can actually see the paint line or the plastic seam of the panel. If I couldnít see that it wouldnít bother me at all. Maybe when the PPF film gets wrapped around the edge it will look better.

Last edited by jamesw2066; 02-11-2019 at 10:48 PM.
jamesw2066 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: #1686- ok now some good stuff....


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: