C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

#1686- ok now some good stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:40 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

Awesome ZR1 and great passengers you have, lol

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Old 02-11-2019, 01:13 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

The "fit" issues you posted about in another thread are hardly noticeable in these pics. Did you have the bumper adjusted yet?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:20 PM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesw2066
HAHA...OK so now we need to start a poll..How many ZR1 owners have goats or goats in their immediate family? Too funny. And we all own a goat anyway the “Greatest Of All Time” corvette... at least for a little while.
Does a 69 "Goat" count?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 PM
jamesw2066
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ROBWILKER
Does a 69 "Goat" count?
Absolutely, that is the original goat! I had a friend of mine by 70 GTO right out from underneath me back in the day. I never forgave him for that. I had a Chevelle, a Trans Am and the 75 vett when I was a kid.
That 70 judge was bad ***, funny Now to buy think of it it had a big azz wing on the back too!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 PM
jamesw2066
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
The "fit" issues you posted about in another thread are hardly noticeable in these pics. Did you have the bumper adjusted yet?
I’ll see what I can do with that bumper once I start tinkering with the car. I read somewhere that they really just snap into place and there’s not much adjustment. Do you know if that’s the case? I could probably tell you every nut and bolt on a C3 and how it goes together but I am new to the C7 club. I might ask the body shop to see what they can do....it’s really not bad However that red stingray you see in the picture- it’s body lines were perfect. You couldn’t fit a matchbook between the bumper and fender panels. That’s kind of what I expected my ZR1 to be like. But if the dealer can take care of the cracked wing, and the poor fitting side vent I’m sure I can live with the small panel fender gap. When I get the car back I’ll do a straight away shot of this. But the gap between the two panels it’s probably just under a quarter ranch and that may not seem like a lot until you see one that the panels touch. But again the car is fantastic and I feel lucky Compared to some of the other cars I’ve seen posted here. Some of the pictures of the orange and black car with the major problems I don’t think I could’ve accepted that.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:23 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,148 Likes on 5,983 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesw2066
I’ll see what I can do with that bumper once I start tinkering with the car. I read somewhere that they really just snap into place and there’s not much adjustment. Do you know if that’s the case? I could probably tell you every nut and bolt on a C3 and how it goes together but I am new to the C7 club. I might ask the body shop to see what they can do....it’s really not bad However that red stingray you see in the picture- it’s body lines were perfect. You couldn’t fit a matchbook between the bumper and fender panels. That’s kind of what I expected my ZR1 to be like. But if the dealer can take care of the cracked wing, and the poor fitting side vent I’m sure I can live with the small panel fender gap. When I get the car back I’ll do a straight away shot of this. But the gap between the two panels it’s probably just under a quarter ranch and that may not seem like a lot until you see one that the panels touch. But again the car is fantastic and I feel lucky Compared to some of the other cars I’ve seen posted here. Some of the pictures of the orange and black car with the major problems I don’t think I could’ve accepted that.
I've taken my car completely apart. I'll elaborate when I'm at my laptop tomorrow. Yes the bumper snaps on, but once on you can't move the bracket. You have to guess best position and install and hope you got it right. It's all plastic so the more you take it apart the more things wear out. My main gripe with this car is it's clearly designed to be snapped together on the assembly line with as few parts as people as possible at the expense of repeat serviceability. Looking at that pic I wouldn't touch yours. They made that gap looser 2018 and up because the earlier cars had issues with paint adhesion in that area and paint peels off the bumper.

Last edited by RapidC84B; 02-11-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:46 PM
jamesw2066
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I've taken my car completely apart. I'll elaborate when I'm at my laptop tomorrow. Yes the bumper snaps on, but once on you can't move the bracket. You have to guess best position and install and hope you got it right. It's all plastic so the more you take it apart the more things wear out. My main gripe with this car is it's clearly designed to be snapped together on the assembly line with as few parts as people as possible at the expense of repeat serviceability. Looking at that pic I wouldn't touch yours. They made that gap looser 2018 and up because the earlier cars had issues with paint adhesion in that area and paint peels off the bumper.
Thanks, Some things best left alone it sounds like!
I think what bugs me the most about it is if you zoom in you can actually see the paint line or the plastic seam of the panel. If I couldn’t see that it wouldn’t bother me at all. Maybe when the PPF film gets wrapped around the edge it will look better.

Last edited by jamesw2066; 02-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: #1686- ok now some good stuff....