Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Insurance options?

Old 02-22-2019, 12:12 PM
All-Tex
CF Senior Member

Default Grundy Car Insurance

I had Hagerty on all my collector cars. I switched over to Grundy with all my collectors and personal cars. Grundy was cheaper with everything plus adding my ZR1 than Hagerty and my personal car insurance put together with out the ZR1. I have great coverage on everything as I have to per my umbrella insurance requires it. I can also put my house with them as well but have not done that as of yet.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Palantirion
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy View Post
Buys $150,000 car (toy).... complains about $1700 insurance
- If $1,700 is inconsequential feel free to pay my premium. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Palantirion For This Useful Post:
2019 ZR1 (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:55 PM
vetteb_96C
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
M, I have Auto owners in Michigan. I pay about half that. Run Standard Collision and 1000 deductibles.
I need to check them out!
Old 02-22-2019, 03:02 PM
ROBWILKER
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by HooosierDaddy View Post
We all need to perform due diligence in these areas, and I agree that having the relationship with the agent is probably one of the best things you can do for insurance. Not only for rates, but when you really need them they will know how to work within their system to benefit you. The thing now is to by your insurance online and never see an agent, not the best way to protect yourself IMO.

I'm just amazed that someone with a frivolous purchase of a ZR1 is worried about 1700 annual insurance. I guarantee any collector policy will only benefit OP with agreed value, the rest of the coverage is not adequate for anyone with assets to protect. OP needs to find a good agent to work with!
The liability coverage (other than comprehensive & collision) sold within each state is regulated by the local departments of insurance. There is no difference whether it is collector car insurance or not. The insurance is underwritten by an actual licensed insurance company and coverages meet state DOI standards for all insurance. That being said, with equivalent coverages, its depends how each company handles claims and any policy restrictions or exclusions. Some companies charge liability premium on each vehicle making your premium very high. This is how Grundy (AIG) quoted me at over $12K annual. Hagerty only charged for liability 250/500k limit one time and premium for five vehicles (3 Vettes & 2 Camaro ZL1s) was $3700 annual with all household vehicle towing & road service. Agreed values at list prices, no mileage restriction, no local travel restriction. The collector car insurance w/ Hagerty only excludes cars as daily drivers ( commuting) and no competitive events. Look at the insurance company rating, AAA rating preferred, and check BBB files. My daily drivers, a '17 Buick and '18 Suburban are insured w/ Kemper Preferred- Unitrin Insurance. Your FICO score, claims history, driving record, even criminal history dramatically impact your premium. You must shop insurance companies diligently and qualify for preferred rates to benefit from lower premium prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to ROBWILKER For This Useful Post:
Runnn (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 03:11 PM
vetteheadracer
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SPDYC6 View Post
i would check with the corvette museum, I'm paying less than $1,000 in the St Louis area.
I too have used Corvette Museum Insurance (with my Z06) and they have been very good over the last 4 years I have been insured with them.

My 2016 C7.R Edition Z06 (6,000 annual mileage) and 1965 SCCA Race Car (0 miles just insured to sit in my garage while I restore it). Less than $2,000 per year and I live in FL.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:01 PM
HooosierDaddy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
- If $1,700 is inconsequential feel free to pay my premium. Thanks!
Easy skippy.... I didn't say it was inconsequential

I said (albeit in a sarcastic manner) that someone who's got the money to buy a car like the ZR1 is IMO crazy to complain about what is essentially a 1% fee for insuring said investment and I still think it's crazy to be upset about it

But I also think you need to be a good consumer and shop around for what best fits your needs and as I stated above about protecting assets... if you have other cars that are collectors, I think I'm safe is assuming you live a comfortable life and have things others may want. So don't cheap out on your insurance.... mkay? I get it, insurance is a huge scam we're all forced into, but nobody would need it if this world didn't think everyone owes them something and that the easiest way to get ahead in life is suing someone.

Can you imagine the money you could save if we weren't required to have insurance? No auto, no health, no death, ect...
Old 02-28-2019, 04:04 PM
GT Bill
CF Member

AMEN Brother !!
Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I just switched from Liberty Mutual to GEICO. My LM had gone from 502.00 per month to 698.00 a month. I had new ins 12 hours after getting my new LM bill in the mail.

And this is on my 2016 Z06 and Tesla Model X P100D and we have a Fiat 500L. I haven't got my new ZR1 yet.

Last edited by Thomasmoto; 03-01-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:10 AM
SPDYC6
CF Member

I'm seeing all these different quotes for insurance on the ZR1. I'm using the Corvette Museum, I'm paying just under $900 a year with an agreed replacement value of $130,000, 3,000 miles a year, and 250 deductible. Before you insure your ZR1 check with them first.
The Following User Says Thank You to SPDYC6 For This Useful Post:
Palantirion (03-06-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 04:33 PM
aaslanmd
CF Member

Just picked up my ZR1 at the Museum last week NCM also offers insurance coverage: worth a call for a quote...
Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
blackvetterzo6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vetteheadracer View Post
I too have used Corvette Museum Insurance (with my Z06) and they have been very good over the last 4 years I have been insured with them.

My 2016 C7.R Edition Z06 (6,000 annual mileage) and 1965 SCCA Race Car (0 miles just insured to sit in my garage while I restore it). Less than $2,000 per year and I live in FL.
These guys beat everybody.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:13 AM
DARTH VETTER
CF Senior Member

NCM, talk to Adam Boca.....

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: